Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea To End The Prime/charged Chamber Debate And Make Both Worthwhile

DarcnyssWolfe

I'll make this short and simple. As the mods promote a "Bolt-Action" style of gameplay I thought up of this:

Cost: Remains the same on both, make Prime chamber still superior.

Effect:

1. Cuts Mag size down to 1, applied as a fixed value after any other modifiers to force the one shot magazine size and the bolt-action style.

2. +90% reload speed at max (to counter the disadvantage of constant long reloads ex. Snipetron and Vulkar.)

3. +100% damage on first shot aka every shot with a one round mag. (on both so one is not far superior to the other)

Edit: Left out the most important part >.<, my bad but kinda got rushed by life. The mods should be unstackable. Make the system consider them the same mod so they can't be stacked and abused.

This setup would promote a far more useful mod as well as maintaining balance as this would lead to higher damaging sniper shots at a much lower possible rate of fire. Just a thought. Lanka would have the longest delay between shots due to having to both reload and charge between shot, balancing its use of the mod against the other three snipers. Constructive feedback only please.

Edited by DarcnyssWolfe

This seems like a cool idea to change weapon behavior. Don't know if it will settle the debate, but overall I like the direction this might go down if we get more "weapon behavior mods" that actively alter how a weapon performs.

Good idea.

This makes every weapon 1 shot 1 kill..

I see no way this would settle the fact that Primed Chamber is exclusive and better by a far margin..

The mod I describe would severely hinder any close range engagements as well as you would have to reload after each shot, causing snipers to loose the ability to kill mass groups quickly. Yes, it would greatly boost sniper damage, but also cut its rate of fire, forcing them to focus on hard to kill targets where their mass damage shots would count most ex. Ancients, Heavy gunner, Bosses... This would greatly help in endless defense as the sniper could target heavy units while the rest of the squad take out the lighter units.

Also, the comment of making every weapon a one shot kill leads me to believe your unaware the both the mods work ONLY WITH SNIPERS. This means no rifles or bows.

Finally it would end the debate as prime chamber would cost two less mod points at max while the rest of the stats would be the same between the two mods, a fair advantage for a currently exclusive mod as 2 points can mean the difference between adding a forma or not.

PS: @aa777nx, thanks

Edited by DarcnyssWolfe

Finally it would end the debate as prime chamber would cost two less mod points at max while the rest of the stats would be the same between the two mods, a fair advantage for a currently exclusive mod as 2 points can mean the difference between adding a forma or not.

PS: @aa777nx, thanks

And why not buff the Charged Chamber to 100%? (or atleast 80% which i suggested a long time ago in other threads) because it costs more energy already and through that is so insultingly weak compared to the Primed Chamber that you can only think of it as a Joke.Would be easier.. but not make sense ;)  So.. what DE could do is:

-Make Primed Chamber available to everyone via loot-table.

-Buff Charged Chamber so it offers EXACTLY the same Power like Primed Chamber (which would still not make sense since we would have 2 different mods that do the same.)

-Buff Charged Chamber to 80% for 7 Energy and nerf Primed Chamber to 9 Energy. This way Charged Chamber becomes the cheap and "public" version of Primed Chamber that offers less power but costs less and with 80% you don't laugh your &amp;#&#33; off about how rediculously bad 40% for 9 Energy is.

-Or DE could stay true to their words and actually release the so called "Event exclusive Primed Chamber Mod" as a reward for a Event AGAIN instead of just ignoring all the posts and the masses of people complaining about that mod and the way to get it (or should i say about how people can't get it).

-And last but not least... delete both mods and send Men in Black to every players home with one of these...

tumblr_m8knwmypzd1rzq8heo1_400.gif

Edited by Namacyst