Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: Redesigned - Mission Types.

JaredWolf

Greetings Tenno,

Ever had an idea you thought would make a great change or addition to Warframe? Share the ideas on what you would add or change to improve the Mission Type(s) within Warframe.

The outliers of this discussion are as followed:

• Do your best to not add any new assets (textures, models, scripts, etc) within your new ideas. But if you do; try to limit them to simple asset additions.
    • Ex: Adding a new model similar to the Life Support Towers for another/new game mode (Like Kuva Survival has).

• Do your best to use official names for items, to avoid confusion, and keep clarity.
    • Ex: Energy Pad != Pizza.

• Be civil and actually showcase changes that would make Warframe a better game, in general, not specifically for you. As well as avoid simply suggesting the removal of something. The keywords throughout this post has been change or add.
    • Ex: For what not to suggest: "Would be nice for us endurance players to get super awesome scaling rewards for 6 hour Survival runs." (Note: Addressing rewards for a Mission Type is not a direct change to the missions, but an overall mechanic).

• Don't make this into a Casual/Veteran player dividing line type discussion. View it as an entire subject from start to finish, where these changes will be accessible to all, at some point.
    • Ex: Try not to content lock your ideas ("At 2 hours on Defense X happens, or if you're using all Prime Items Y happens"). Locking content by location, to say the Void or Pluto, is fine especially if its a thematic change.

• If you wish to include/change Special Mission Types specifically state which you are including, and how it is changed and applies to the change or addition.
    • Ex: Nightmare Mode or Invasions. If Alarms are rung in a Spy mission, -insert nightmare mode penalty here- now effects the player(s).

• If your idea comes from another game entirely, please state so, would be best not to "plagiarize" a concept completely.
    • Ex: The Legendary Skulls from Halo to change the difficulty, or add flair, to the game. If you add something like this, "Warframe it up", but still specify that is where you got the rough draft from.

That is all I can think of to help keep the discussion focused.

Edited by JaredWolf

Been thinking of these kind of things for awhile now, and decided to go to the forums (now that they're back up today) and post to see what others have thought of.

Idea #1.

VIP Rescue/Capture

Separated Co-op Missions (Not a very original idea, but it would add more co-op to Warframe and act as a break from the Shooter Looter type missions.)

This simply takes several mission types and smashes them together. The example below will contain Spy/Sabotage, Mobile Defense, and Rescue/Capture. No additional assets will be needed, aside from Rebeca's lovely voice for Lotus and a few new instructions. NOTE: This can be a new mission type on its own. Or it can be mechanics added to preexisting mission types.

• Phases:
    • Phase 1 - Rescue/Capture: Players will proceed to the destination, but will get stopped at checkpoints. These cannot be hacked by normal means. And must be opened by hacking the checkpoint console next to the door with a data-mass. This will trigger Phase 2 of this mission type.
    • Phase 2 - Mobile Defense: Players will need to defend this console, If an alarm is triggered (from AI going over to the consoles) the console is remotely stalled. This will trigger Phase 3.
    • Phase 3 - Spy/Sabotage: Can be one or the other, at random. A player will need to branch off from the group and find this new console. To find the location, they can run around to find it. Or hack the alarm console which will locate the new console for you and show it on your HUD, but this will trigger a countdown timer. Arriving to the new stage, the player will either need to sneak their way to the console. Or they will need to destroy the reactor powering this far off console. Which will Trigger Phase 4.
    • Phase 4 - Rescue/Capture: At this point the console will finish hacking and the door will open. Player(s) will proceed to the original destination. At this point players will either Capture the target or rescue their operative.
  • Mechanics:
    • Alarm System: The simple mechanic in this is increased AI alertness, and the console will be stalled. These alarms would not be located near the Mobile Defense console, and ideally would be out of range from normal AoE builds, like Equinox's Maim (Depending on Balance, a 280 range Maim might reach. Not too sure. Don't want to completely nullify player builds for the sake of mission mechanics). The second time (Checkpoint 2) will raise Alertness of that area, but also increase the difficulty of the AI in the area. Level adjustment and stronger enemy types. Lastly the third time it is triggered (Checkpoint 3) the same as the second alarm. But also set a timer that will cause the rescue target to be executed, or the capture target to escape completely. (Depending on Balance, the alarms can be triggered again in the same checkpoint, causing an infinite loop. This could cause an imbalance of loot, and affinity, so testing would be needed)
    • Console(s): These consoles mentioned above, must be hacked using the data-mass. In addition, it is powered by your warframes' energy. As once hacked, the Grineer/Corpus will power down the console. This is to make it slightly harder to defend it. When stalled the console will still need energy to remain powered. But the range is not short giving players freedom to move around a bit, and not need to "sit" on the console. If the power is stopped, the progress on the hack will slowly decay.  At higher level missions phase 2 and 3 will happen a couple more times. But not on lower levels, such as Earth.
    • Success: Player(s) complete each phase and capture the target, or rescue the target.
    • Failure:
      • Phase 1 has no fail conditions.
      • Phase 2 will fail if the console is destroyed, or the hack is dropped back to 0%.
      • Phase 3 will fail if the player(s) are spotted (and alarm triggered) or fail to hack the console (even on sabotage you will need to hack to open the reactor).
      • Phase 4 will fail if the player(s) don't rescue/capture the target.
  • Rewards: For such a "demanding" mission; rewards should be given generously. I don't mean high loot tables or quantity, but each phase has loot. Phase 1 and 4 are the same. But phase 2 each console hack, and phase 3 each spy or sabotage will give loot, similar to spy missions with each successful hack. This is to make doing these mission types worth doing.

This was an idea I had after watching a stream awhile back. The streamer mentioned how someone mentioned a similar idea to this before. So I thought more about it. And I was inspired by real interactive gameplay, and teamwork based games I use to play back in the day.

Edited by JaredWolf

• 1 month later...

This is going to be just a very brief explanation of an idea I had, but it is pretty basic.

(I know im breaking the rules a bit with my suggestion but the initial implementation of the idea does not require new assets)

I think we should have "boss" fights at every 5 min interval of survival missions and during the 5th wave of defense missions.  The bosses could be beefed up versions of some enemies already in the game, but it would be really great to have new enemies created for the bosses.  Maybe temporarily the bosses could be the warframes we fight at junctions and would scale in difficulty the longer you were in the endless mission.  I do think that the game needs some fun bullet-sponge type enemies also.

1 hour ago, (PS4)cool_user_ID said:

This is going to be just a very brief explanation of an idea I had, but it is pretty basic.

(I know im breaking the rules a bit with my suggestion but the initial implementation of the idea does not require new assets)

I think we should have "boss" fights at every 5 min interval of survival missions and during the 5th wave of defense missions.  The bosses could be beefed up versions of some enemies already in the game, but it would be really great to have new enemies created for the bosses.  Maybe temporarily the bosses could be the warframes we fight at junctions and would scale in difficulty the longer you were in the endless mission.  I do think that the game needs some fun bullet-sponge type enemies also.

The game already has about 5 types of different "bullet sponge" enemies in it, I really wouldn't like any more, especially if they were to spawn at regular intervals. 

However, I am for the idea. Increase the time interval to 20 minutes, give them some unique mechanics to make them vurnerable (aka no timed invurnerability, damage caps, or status immunity) and a high priority target (maybe they systematically destroy life support/increase its drain while alive), and now we're talking. 

Edited by Handstamp