Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Melee Weapon Should I Get?

Overrwatcher

Question

I'm a Loki still using a Skana, and I'm approaching mastery rank 2. I notice I use melee almost exclusively, so I thought it would be a good idea to get a new melee weapon first. I almost always use the charged heavy attack, because spamming E is far slower than shooting. I prefer slower but more hard-hitting weapons.

Any suggestions?

Edited by Overrwatcher

11 answers to this question

If you dont mind heavy weapons and like charge attack, the scindo could be a good weapon for you it has high charge damage 200 tripled on infestation and can hit up to three target but when you swing it youre basicly at a standstill.. you wont be able to attack and move at the same time, unlike the lighter weapons like the skana.

If you want to use charged attacks without losing movement you could try to get a plasma sword, furax or dual heat sword as i hear those have the highest charge damage for the light melee weapons.

Edited by BioSphere

Fragor ignores armor which means it's really effective against Grineer. However, it has low attack speed to compensate high damage and multi-hit nature.

The fact that Fragor ignore armor means you don't have to waste armor piercing mod on it. These free mod slots should be dedicated to attack speed/charge speed/chard damage mod. Right now, it's strongest melee weapon in my arsenal. Stagger everything but ancient infest.

Scindo is an equivalent of Fragor but its damage is mitigated by armor. It's effective against Infest. One charge attack can kill multiple enemies. However, you'll have problem with ancients which have armor and armor piercing mod is required to get the most out of the axe. It can stagger ancient non-stop.

If you dont mind heavy weapons and like charge attack, the scindo could be a good weapon for you it has high charge damage 200 tripled on infestation and can hit up to three target but when you swing it youre basicly at a standstill.. you wont be able to attack and move at the same time, unlike the lighter weapons like the skana.

If you want to use charged attacks without losing movement you could try to get a plasma sword, furax or dual heat sword as i hear those have the highest charge damage for the light melee weapons.

Care to explain how is Scindo better than Fragor?

If Fragor ignores Armor, and Scindo does not... what does Scindo has that Fragor does not?

Care to explain how is Scindo better than Fragor?

If Fragor ignores Armor, and Scindo does not... what does Scindo has that Fragor does not?

He said he prefered using charge attacks and charge attacks ignore armor. using the scindo charge attacks will ignore armor while adding to the fact that using it against infestation triples the charge damage. if he said he liked spaming normal attack then I woulda suggested the fragor but he didn't.

Edited by BioSphere