Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To The Mag Haters

Slurmageddon

every one starts some where

Firstly, i'd highly recommend you check out this link:http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Ember_(Warframe)

Once you've done that, just understand that ember simply does AoE fire damage of varying degree with pretty much all her abilities.

Oh, feel silly now, I realise Ember is a frame, but when you said Pull and Ember, I thought you were refering to a weapon/mod called ember which Mag uses.  THATs the missing Link I mentioned :)  Thanks for clearing that up :)

Another great thing about mag is, mag players are one of the few in this game where they won't complain or even consider the end kill count. Good mags love seeing friendlies demolishing her huge heap of limp punching bags.

As some one mentioned above, she is probably the only real combo starters of the game.

People keep telling me that utility is all that counts in end game, and tbh, that is true from experience with T3s and highway runs. So what i don't get is why do people still poop on mag? her utility is awesome! and it remains awesome at high levels! just gotta watch out for them toxic ancient &#! hats.

Edited by aldershot

Crowd control. Both skills are created to clear an area and radial push is much more effective than pulling them all close to you. Besides, SonicBoom is much faster and spammable. 

This is only partially true. and for the record, bastille out performs all CC. so by that logic, every one should play vauban and only vauban for CC (not true of course) 

Radial push does one thing good, keep mobs away, and it is very useful for that, but pull has more application than push. Pull can be used offensively gathering mobs for melee kills, can be used defensively, pulling mobs away from interest points (ie: defense pods, downed friendly, etc), and be used as a tanking utility as well, gathering mobs with multiple pulls from multiple directions.

Pull is also mag's first ability, making it the cheapest and easily spammable. If you think it's not spammable referring to mag's relatively small energy pool, that's of-set by the fact that mobs are always close to mag, so in turn, always dropping energy orbs with'n arm's reach.

To sum it up, mag's pull is a bit less effective than banshee's push as a defensive ability but it is of-set by the fact that it's more versatile with much more applications.

Also mag's pull + stretch + coil helm. Pull every thing. pull mobs that hasn't even spawned yet. it's that good. 

Edited by aldershot

Pull + Miasma :)

Pull + anything! It is 1 of the only combo starters we have in this game

About Ember i'd use Overheat for massive aoe fire dmg stagger, too bad World on fire is only 3 enemies at time... hopefully in U10 this will change.

This is all good. But I'm more prefer old, simple and easy-to-do combo with Excalibure:

Pull+Slashdash = every single enemy in the room has been eviscerated in less than second. Ash is crying with jealous. 

Or just asking your teammate to create a poison cloud with Torid and pull enemies in here.

-snip-

Also mag's pull + stretch + coil helm. Pull every thing. pull mobs that hasn't even spawned yet. it's that good. 

Totally agree about much more versatility of Pull. But to clear the air it's totally outclassed by Sonic Boom or, yes, be Bastilie. Pull is more combo primer than self-enough skill. 

Instead of an Orthos, an Ogris works even better.

I love when a smart mag in my squad sees me holdig an Ogris on defense maps, and just stands on a box near me and chain Pulls, allowing us to pull/Ogris our way through the entire wave incredibly easily.

Bonus points when I'm on my Vaubeard and can just put Teslas in the few areas where the mag can't Pull from, allowing us to just stay in the exact same spot and slaughter the whole wave effortlessly.