Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe causing PC Crashes?

BigNerdSam

• WIndows 10 Home Edition
  • Intel Core i7
  • Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
  • 32 GB RAM (Corsair Vengence)
  • Running Warframe on a separate HDD, Western Digital Black 2TB

I've been having a bad week of trying to run Warframe this past week.

First off I started getting these crashes about a day or two before the recent Acolytes Return event.Then I had it crash two other times on similar circumstances, so I figured "Give Warframe a break until the next patch." Then it started happening with one other game at the time (Dusk) and it got to a point to where my PC wouldn't even start up.

At that point I took my PC into a local repair guy (he helped me out before) and he found the issue in some overclocking software that came bundled with my driver CDs. That worked out at first, but then Warframe and Dusk continued to crash, now producing the "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" blue screen. I called up the repair guy again, and aside from fixing a few errors, he didn't have much else to fix on the software side. After that my PC remains stable on some of the other games I've played (Dusk, DOOM, Vanquish), except for Warframe. I've tried reinstalling a few times, all of those blue screened pretty quickly. I tried reinstalling on my primary drive, that blue screened while installing. I tried installing directly through Warframe's website instead of Steam and that worked for about 2 hours until it crashed while loading the post-mission loading screen (that did not produce a blue screen).

If I had to guess, all of these recent crashes seem to involve Warframe loading content (title screen, market reels, levels, etc.)

While I talked to my repair guy about this, he said it might have to do with some setting I have on Warframe since no other game is crashing, and to ask on the forums if there's  some setting I have turned on that I shouldn't.

As for what settings I do have turned on; I have everything on the default high, but motion blur, depth of field, constant weapon fx, and screen shake are all turned off and GPU particles are on high.

If you can help, I would really appreciate it. The fact that I'm missing out on early Frame Fighter is killing me, and I do not want to miss out on early Fortuna.