Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Choosing Augment Mods From The Polls, What's Your Reasoning Behind It De?

bl4ckhunter

THE POINT OF THIS THREAD IS NOT TO CRITICIZE THE FACT THAT DE CHOSES AUGMENTS FROM THE POLLS FREELY

volt overload just came out aug came out and it's not the one we choose as someone else already noted and that in itself is fine,it's their game after all, however it also leaves me wondering what on earth they use as a criteria to discriminate suggestions given that it turns out the augment is a piece of crap (this is a sad day for anyone, myself included that hoped that the augment could make overload useful, besides overshileds are just too weak as they are and 3% of overload's damage is hardly notheworthy anyway) for an ability that is already so bad that the only thing you can do with it is save energy by not using it, while they actually decided that the augment that won the poll for valkyr ripline was a thing that could make it into the game even thought aside from it being a terrible concept that people made up just for s*hit and jiggles and that it's not even possible to use to it's fullest becouse of the way the majority of tilesets are it is obivious to anyone that streamline alone effectively provides the same effect with absolutely no downsides.

Aside from the fact that they lost an opportunity to provide an heavily required band-aid for an ability that's at the very bottom of the line for it's energy cost category i seriously wonder what is the reason between such choices (one might think that's just terrible design and thoughtlessness but i simply refuse to think that) and i would really like if someone from DE would illuminate us 

just going to put down a couple possible arguments before they come up

-TECHNICAL LIMITATIONS

anything that gets in the polls MUST BE techincally feasible by the simple fact that they where handpicked by DE themselves and picking something they can't make would be pointless and defeat the whole purpose of a poll (wich is surveying not decision making), we would be in a sorry state indeed if DE didn't know what they're actually capable of make

-EASE OF CREATION

there is just no reason for DE to choose something sub-par and that's going to be just a waste of devenloper's time (like the tesla augment for example) there is no pressure on them to push out augments they're not yet ready to produce and there isn't a set order for augment release so every choice should be taken strictly design wise

Edited by bl4ckhunter

Ill just leave this here since apparently the people that have access to the design council do not bother to read the posts.

Esteemed Tenno of the Design Council, 

As we get closer to the next major Warframe update:

1) We want to let you know that not all of the final Design Council Augment mods will be included in U16 (some of the Augments were already in the works before the submissions started).

2) Some of the Augments being released are not necessarily #1 from the polls. Even though some designs were not the top choices, they are more feasible to be released in U16 and are being completed first. However, that doesn't mean that other Augments from the polls will not be made in the future - we plan on having multiple augments for each ability. 

For more details on the Design Council Augment mod project, follow the overview thread here:
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/384033-augment-mods-design-project-overview/

Thanks!

Edit: Also everyone is acting like this idea was either not in the poll or was dead last. It was in third place and was beat out of first by an overwhelming 8 votes.

Edited by xRufus7x

I'm not in DC, but I'm pretty sure DE only uses your polls as suggestions, not as decision makers. Although the way they do it is odd, considering they pick the ones that can be voted on themselves.

i do know that, the point is not that they choose whatever suggestion they want from the poll wich is fair since it's their game, it that they seem to chose always the worst ones regardless of the poll results

Ill just leave this here since apparently the people that have access to the design council do not bother to read the posts.

volt overload just came out aug came out and it's not the one we choose as someone else already noted and that in itself is fine,it's their game after all

how does it even have to do with what i posted? my point is that they chose bad augments not that they don't chose the ones we want

Edited by bl4ckhunter

i do know that, the point is not that they choose whatever suggestion they want from the poll wich is fair since it's their game, it that they seem to chose always the worst ones regardless of the poll results

how does it even have to do with what i posted? my point is that they chose bad augments not that they don't chose the ones we want

Well it looks like xRufus7x should've cleared that up.

That isn't true. Many of the augments have been good. Pilfering Swarm and Irradiating Disarm are good examples.

That is an issue with the balance of the augment, not the augment itself which is something DE seems to be pretty hit and miss on. This Augment is currently the only way to provide overshields to teammates without a consumable. It could be extremely useful and bolster Volt's support capabilities if it was buffed a bit.  And I have said this before, situational is not the same thing as useless.

Edit: Also everyone is acting like this idea was either not in the poll or was dead last. It was in third place and was beat out of first by an overwhelming 8 votes.

I think it is also worth pointing out that those 8 votes were less than 2% difference.  When the top 3 each had over 420 votes, that is a narrow margin.

That is an issue with the balance of the augment, not the augment itself which is something DE seems to be pretty hit and miss on. This Augment is currently the only way to provide overshields to teammates without a consumable. It could be extremely useful and bolster Volt's support capabilities if it was buffed a bit.  And I have said this before, situational is not the same thing as useless.

overshields are useless as long as they're capped to 1200, why do you think there is almost no more players running shield transference mag? they need to rework the whole mechanic for it to be useful and then they need to rework the augment, that goes back to the point, why do they make stuff that's clearly unuseable? do they not know how little damage oveload deals and just how little is 3% of said damage ,10 shield units per enemy in case you were wondering, hell it even says split now that i read it s if that world carries the same meaning it does in my english dictionary that reduces it to a whopping 2.5 shield hp per player, it's not relevant even in mercury, how do they even think that releasing stuff like this is a good idea?

That isn't true. Many of the augments have been good. Pilfering Swarm and Irradiating Disarm are good examples.

i didn't say that they ALWAYS choose the worst one, just that it happens a lot of times  (besides the point i think that pilfering swarm and desacrate are horrible mechanics to introduce in a shooter but anywya that's besides the point)

Edited by bl4ckhunter