The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toxic Barbed Heavy Support Bio Weapon

Arlayn

Like Solid rounds have the Gorgon, and energy has Supra. The Toxic Barbed Heavy Support bio weapon would be the same, but more like the Gorgon since its rounds are solid. This heavy support machine gun will fire a barrage of Toxic barbs. Each bullet carries acid damage, and even as your unleashing rounds of these toxic barbs into an enemy the acid is doing extra damage over time as well.

Would be an ideal weapon for clearing crowds, and killing bosses. A perfect Primary to team up with Acrid since its basically a Gorgon version of an Acrid. It would have a similar clip size as the Gorgon, and a reload slightly and I mean SLIGHTLY slower then Supra with a very complex organic animation as the gun will be organic like Embolist, and Synapse. It should look something close to the Tyranid's cannons. Not exactly, nor should it use its style of art, but just something vicious. With a bizarre, and creepy reload animation that takes time.

VenomCannon.JPG

Of course the weapon would be wielded in a new fashion. Either one of two ways is it put on

1. The Tenno pulls it off their back and slides their right hand into the back of the cannon and wears it, and the Cannon would be held from underneath with the left hand.

2. It looks like a gauntlet covering the entire forearm when not in use, and when activated it grows over the hand into a large arm cannon for use. With the left hand holding the cannon from underneath.

Also both options 1, and 2 could also have a handle/trigger coming out the side to be held with the left hand as well for a more brutal appearance in combat when fired.

As awesome as this would be, I feel like it might end up being way too op if it's not done right.

Assuming DE does it the right way, I would love to see this though!

Bout time Infested got a heavy weapon. We have one for grineer, one for Corpus, but none for Infested... I imagine things being brutal...

Edited by Arlayn

If DE would start making this right now then we could expect this to be a mr4 market weapon for 30k creds

or a Bio research wep with insane mr requirement and tons of forma and mutagens. and in the end its weaker than soma.

After acid/venom damage along side barrage... Think... it be like a Acrid barrage weapon. I can't see something that terrifying being weaker then Soma...

I'm not so sure this would work very well. I mean, Acrid is so powerful precisely because of its damage over time and scaling. Turning that into a gorgon would just be ridiculous. If it were put into the game it would literally have to be Mastery Rank 20, 10 forma, and like 20 Mutagen masses. Even that might not be expensive enough to reflect how overpowered it is. It wouldn't be much of an exaggeration to say a Tenno could do an entire extermination run with one clip of this weapon.

dont forget to reference your images: this is a barbed strangler from the tyranid armo of warhammer 40K haha.

anyway, i really do love this idea and think that WF lends itself to many WH40K elements!

No that is a Heavy Venom cannon from Warhammer 40k worn by Hive Tyrants...

I'm not so sure this would work very well. I mean, Acrid is so powerful precisely because of its damage over time and scaling. Turning that into a gorgon would just be ridiculous. If it were put into the game it would literally have to be Mastery Rank 20, 10 forma, and like 20 Mutagen masses. Even that might not be expensive enough to reflect how overpowered it is. It wouldn't be much of an exaggeration to say a Tenno could do an entire extermination run with one clip of this weapon.

It won't be so overpowered if you give it a long reload time... is like Lanka... Godly powerful, BUT WORST CHARGE SYSTEM EVER!!! If I wanted a charge cannon I would've asked DE to give me megaman/Samus' hand cannon.

Edited by Arlayn