Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If 'players' Acted Out The Stalker Role.. Like In Dark Souls?

DirkDeadeye

I think it'd be the most effeicent way to add in some PvP, and it would add some variety.

You would have to gather a lot of rare materials to make a stalker warframe, and the BP's could be elusive as well, kind of like banshee. You would also probably need to be pretty high ranked. Like 5-10? I don't know.

You would invade just like the stalker does now, you have your intended target, and you can only see him, the catch is, the other co-op members can see you this time. If you win, you get X amount of creds, or maybe a random item of some sort..and if they win, the same.

It would be completely random, across the galaxy, maybe make some exceptions of new players..but certainly not systems, since high level players still farm there.

So you want to troll people? Bad idea.
Doing something like this would add nothing but trouble. People want to do their missions.

If you as the target could actually disable the "invade" option maybe. But I still dont see why I should want to be invaded....

Edited by DERebecca
Removed insult

So you want to troll people? Bad idea.

Doing something like this would add nothing but trouble. People want to do their missions. Not being attacked by some %&^ who simply attacks others.....

If you as the target could actually disable the "invade" option maybe. But I still dont see why I should want to be invaded....

cause it's very fun and you can still use your OP skills on him

Instead of 'striving' to become the Stalker through making the Stalker Warframe, what if they did it like Old Monk in Demon Souls:

Any Online players has a chance to be 'summoned' to become the Stalker, joining the target's Online/Private session a la Darkmoon using the Stalker warframe and all the weapons or abilities that entails. Random Stalker, random target. No intentional D-ickwraithing.

Of course they'd still keep the NPC Stalker for use when a target can't be matched to a Stalker, or when they're playing Offline.

Dark Souls and Warframe are two completely different things. The whole reason why you could get invaded at any time is because the game becomes more challenging and most of the game is based around PvP (Co-Op in Dark Souls is quite complex). Warframe however, is not based around PvP and so including that kind of feature into the game is unwise.

Maybe you would actually have to kill other stalker players yourself in order to get the bps (bps would sometimes drop when you kill them, like bosses) for making a stalker frame. And there could be a filtering system so as to not become a broken mechanic in the game, for example, there could be a filter, and a (slightly op/high level) stalker would be able to randomly join missions in fairly low level worlds that had a team with at least 1 really high level player, for example a mission in tolstoj, with 3 level 1 players, and 1 level 5 player. And the low level players could be invinsible, and your assasination target would be the high level player, that way, it makes the game more fun and interesting, less auto-pilot and speed-runny, prevents op players for farming for stuff in areas that are not made for them and making the game auto-pilot for the low level players in the team, and also adding a pvp element into the game, but a highly controllable 1, that won't allow for overly-op/broken issues to arise since there will be filtering in match joining and also the stalker frames will have different skills etc compared to the normal frames.

Edited by Decimator

Instead of 'striving' to become the Stalker through making the Stalker Warframe, what if they did it like Old Monk in Demon Souls:

Any Online players has a chance to be 'summoned' to become the Stalker, joining the target's Online/Private session a la Darkmoon using the Stalker warframe and all the weapons or abilities that entails. Random Stalker, random target. No intentional D-ickwraithing.

Of course they'd still keep the NPC Stalker for use when a target can't be matched to a Stalker, or when they're playing Offline.

This method would be much better, if not i bet there's gonna be more stalkers than tennos -.-

Maybe you would actually have to kill other stalker players yourself in order to get the bps (bps would sometimes drop when you kill them, like bosses) for making a stalker frame. And there could be a filtering system so as to not become a broken mechanic in the game, for example, there could be a filter, and a (slightly op/high level) stalker would be able to randomly join missions in fairly low level worlds that had a team with at least 1 really high level player, for example a mission in tolstoj, with 3 level 1 players, and 1 level 5 player. And the low level players could be invinsible, and your assasination target would be the high level player, that way, it makes the game more fun and interesting, less auto-pilot and speed-runny, prevents op players for farming for stuff in areas that are not made for them and making the game auto-pilot for the low level players in the team, and also adding a pvp element into the game, but a highly controllable 1, that won't allow for overly-op/broken issues to arise since there will be filtering in match joining and also the stalker frames will have different skills etc compared to the normal frames.

So tell me, why should I want to be invaded. There is no reason for that. Nor is there a reason for attacking other Tennos. The stalker obviously isnt a normal Tenno. hes a brainwashed whatever. Hes an Enemy. And why should Tennos, a race which faced almost complete extinction, try to kill each other. The whole invasion thing doesnt make any sense

So tell me, why should I want to be invaded. There is no reason for that. Nor is there a reason for attacking other Tennos. The stalker obviously isnt a normal Tenno. hes a brainwashed whatever. Hes an Enemy. And why should Tennos, a race which faced almost complete extinction, try to kill each other. The whole invasion thing doesnt make any sense

I think he has said it best. The world of Dark Souls is filled with untrustworthy characters and death lurks around every corner. So it made sense to have the intentional invasion.

You know, it's funny.

When things aren't fully fleshed out, or small, even HUGE elements of the game aren't there, and people ask for them, or criticize the game.

We get the rubbers stamp "BETA!"

When anything resembling PvP is mentioned.

NO WAI MAN! THIS GAME IS PVE CAREBEARS FOR LIFE

Why should you be invaded? Because, the only real esclation of challenge in this game, is rate of fire, damage, armor and shields. That's it. More guys pew pewing more lasers, that hit harder..and take more damage. I propose people being knocked off of thier smug ivory towers soaking up corpus lasers, mowing everything down with a boltor.

Co-op, esentially make this game too easy. Like in Dark Souls, going online for assistance, left you vunerable to a red/blue phantom.

There is no endgame, there is no pvp. People will get bored.

Co-op, esentially make this game too easy. Like in Dark Souls, going online for assistance, left you vunerable to a red/blue phantom.

There is no endgame, there is no pvp. People will get bored.

Like i said. There is not a single reason for a tenno to do that. And what if people simply want to play online because none of their friend play it? Do they deserve to get invaded? No.

And srly. People complain that COOP is to easy? So should I go to COD forums and complain that this game lacks of something and add a flying simulator to please my wishes? No. This is supposed to be COOP game. If people dont like it, they can leave. But instead people want to make this game all in once. PVP VEHICLE Whatever sh****: It might be true that PVP will be added in the future. But If so, it has to be in a way that fits the game. And this idea simply doesnt fit. Training Dojos to fight other clan members, yeah, but everything else would simply lay the focus on a game mode that isnt supposed to be the main part.

Like i said. There is not a single reason for a tenno to do that. And what if people simply want to play online because none of their friend play it? Do they deserve to get invaded? No.

And srly. People complain that COOP is to easy? So should I go to COD forums and complain that this game lacks of something and add a flying simulator to please my wishes? No. This is supposed to be COOP game. If people dont like it, they can leave. But instead people want to make this game all in once. PVP VEHICLE Whatever sh****: It might be true that PVP will be added in the future. But If so, it has to be in a way that fits the game. And this idea simply doesnt fit. Training Dojos to fight other clan members, yeah, but everything else would simply lay the focus on a game mode that isnt supposed to be the main part.

Yeah, no, that cod example was garbage. The rest of this, reeks of entilement. Which sets the tempo for whatever further comments you're going to type out.

Edited by DirkDeadeye

Yeah, no, that cod example was garbage. The rest of this, reeks of entilement. Which sets the tempo for whatever further comments you're going to type out.

Your idea of mixing the Dark Souls invasion will never work in Warframe, because for one thing in Dark Souls you don't need revival tokens.

I dont understand why people cant simply play a pvp game instead of trying to change a pve into pvp game.

A dojo would fit into the game yeah. but why do people want to make this a death match or whatever......

Edited by Venarge

Look, the point is that it doesn't fit warframe at all.

Why? You got two options, don't engage in the conversation about something that probably won't happen. Or give me a reason that isn't backed by some kind of entitlement over what 'you' think the game should be.

You're talking about revives I said quite plainly this would happen in a co-op game.

You mention private.. I think conessions can be made for people who do not wish for it to happen. A private game can be one of them.