Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Dojo Concept] Room Upgrades

ShiningArmor

I thought back to my Mega Reactor thread, and then thought of something that might be better. We should be able to upgrade rooms to increase size and other factors. It would also require more materials to upgrade, and it would take time to upgrade it.

You could upgrade the Obstacle course to be a larger room with even more obstacles such as the wall run switching like you can do in that Grineer map. The area over lava where there are 3 walls you can jump back and forth between by wall running and jumping off and connecting again.

Obstacle Course Edit: (Suggestion by (PS4)burningwind): Allow for the ability to race each other on the obstacle course with up to 4 people depending on the rank upgraded.

We could increase the size of the dueling room to even have barricades so you can duck behind them and fire out from behind them, and have more space to run around. Maybe even at a max rank dueling room, it could be a large area like the Mastery Test areas, having walls and towers and cover and tons of other things to use for tactical play instead of just "Ready, Set, DRAW!" like the old west. We're ninjas, not cowboys. This would also allow you to survive long enough to grab energy and use your powers to really give the other Tenno a run for their money. We could even allow for different modes of dueling such as TDM and FFA where you could have more than 2 Tenno dueling, either as a team or an all out battle against each other. Something that could be implemented is a duel planner, putting who will battle who next and allowing for a queue so nobody just randomly jumps in on a duel and holds everyone up. Will be hard to implement, but it could work. You can also decide the game mode and how many players will play, with up to 4 Tenno dueling depending on the rank of the dueling room.

Same thing with the Reactor. We can upgrade it to a Mega Reactor and then an Orokin Reactor so it would output more energy and save space but still cost more materials.

We could upgrade the connectors, but this is more of an idea I would disapprove of myself frankly, but could be useful in its own ways. Sometimes we grab certain connectors we don't want later on, because we want to branch off to another room but have to destroy everything in front of us first. What if you could just upgrade the connector to have more doors? You would take the difference in materials for each connector and that would be the upgrade cost.

And even the same thing with the Barracks. People would probably just destroy their barracks instead of keep each and every one, so how about make it so you can have a choice to upgrade the barracks to the next level AND/OR just build the room itself. It would be quicker to upgrade because you already put materials in the one barrack, and you would only pay the difference instead of destroying it. The catch: The difference takes how much it costs to build the next room currently (since prices rise with each upgrade you get) and the cost it took to build the old room originally (before the previous upgrade) so it might still cost a lot, but it would still be quicker than destroying the older barracks and building the new one. The pay wouldn't be any different because by destroying your old barracks, you get the materials back, so you would use those for the new barracks anyways, upgrading just speeds up the process of the exchange.

I was considering making it so you had to upgrade labs as well to get new bps, but it already costs a lot to research them as it is, so upgrading labs would be an even bigger pain.

Edited by ShiningArmor

I agree with this idea. I love upgrading things and having the upgrade be truly meaningful. I think another way to upgrade the Obstacle Course would be to increase it's capacity so that multiple could be running different courses at once.

That's a good idea. Have a race to see who the fastest Tenno is.

These are good ideas, but how are they going to affect dojo rooms that are already in place. I mean, they could screw up well planned dojos in an instant.

That being said, everything else sounds really cool.

On a related note, could this upgrading thing apply to labs? Maybe you would have to upgrade a lab in order to be able to upgrade everything else.

Also, I'd like to see labs fill out as you research stuff. How this goes

Chem Lab: guns fill the racks, grineer armor shows up somewhere, and a pile of ammo refills shows up in the corner. A detonite injector canister would also be nice.

Energy Lab: same as chem, but with energy guns, energy and shield restores somewhere, and, once researched, Helios drones flying around the lab

Bio Lab: weapons would appear inside tanks, as would mutagen masses. Health restores would pile up in the corner, and djinn would fly all over the place.

Tenno Lab: guns line the walls, chambers show warframe powers in use

Rook in Lab: model of solar rails appears, as does an rookie drone, a Moa guardian and a Moa drone.

These are good ideas, but how are they going to affect dojo rooms that are already in place. I mean, they could screw up well planned dojos in an instant.

That being said, everything else sounds really cool.

On a related note, could this upgrading thing apply to labs? Maybe you would have to upgrade a lab in order to be able to upgrade everything else.

Also, I'd like to see labs fill out as you research stuff. How this goes

Chem Lab: guns fill the racks, grineer armor shows up somewhere, and a pile of ammo refills shows up in the corner. A detonite injector canister would also be nice.

Energy Lab: same as chem, but with energy guns, energy and shield restores somewhere, and, once researched, Helios drones flying around the lab

Bio Lab: weapons would appear inside tanks, as would mutagen masses. Health restores would pile up in the corner, and djinn would fly all over the place.

Tenno Lab: guns line the walls, chambers show warframe powers in use

Rook in Lab: model of solar rails appears, as does an rookie drone, a Moa guardian and a Moa drone.

I thought about it, but you would actually have to GET something with the upgrade, not just cosmetic. The only things I could think of for upgrading labs would be more bps to research, but they already cost a ton of resources + the resources for the room itself so it would be a bad idea. Many people wouldn't like it.