Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Migration Preset System

Mokufu

Wondering if this was ever a consideration when creating the MOD system.

It seems to be common to keep multiples of the same type of MOD so you don't have to move them between Warframes, weapons, or Sentinels.  While this is a nice idea, it takes away from properly focusing on increasing the fuse level of your existing mods.   This is understandable if you are saving cards for a Sentinel.

The other common thing to do is to keep one set of mods and just move them between warframes, weapons, or Sentinels.  This too can get annoying and is a tedious process which can also be a little tiresome, especially if you're partying with folks.

So the question for me was, how do we make this process faster?  How about a MOD Migration Preset System (MMPS)?

Here's a visual:

MOD_MIGRATION_SYSTEM_zpsa562c30c.png

When selecting a Warframe you would be able to "set" a fixed number of preset MODs:

Example:

Say for instance that I have these three mods for Mag.  I want to also use these same MODs for Ash, but without having to dump them back into the mod library and individually drag them into the Warframe.

I select "Preset 1" for Ash and the mods that were on Mag will now automatically migrate to the appropriate spaces in the warframe slots.

The question that my clan mates asked me was about what might happen if you’re fusing a card and it makes it too high for another Warframe to keep in one of its presets?

My answer to that would simply be a confirmation screen that would warn you that fusing the card would disable that card in another preset for another Warframe.  At this point you could decide whether to do the fusion or adjust the preset of the other Warframe with a lower end mod.

This system could also be applied to set mod variations for the role you would like the Warframe to play from mission to mission.

Another example:

Say for one mission you would want to only have your uber power and the rest would be focused on allowing the character to use it more often with Streamline, Flow, Continuity, and Focus.  You could deem this as your OFFENSIVE PRESET.

In another mission you wanted to set your presets for more defense with a higher Redirection, Fast Reflection, Steel Fiber, and Vitality if you wanted your character to use a bit more of their melee.

Again, just to reiterate, this system can be applied to not simply Warframes, but also for weapons and Sentinels.

In terms of simplification/organization it would be nice to just hit one wrench icon and see what MODs are currently listed on Sentinel, Weapons, and Warframe all on one screen versus having to back out of the screen and go into a different one since we already have a tabbed organization now with the mods.

Tell me what you think guys and gals.

* NOTE: The presets will save placement for those considering the affinity slots (the ones with the symbols in the corner).  So when the mods "migrate" to the Warframe, Weapon or Sentinel they will go to the respective slot that you have placed them in within the preset.

Edited by Mokufu

Yes. Yes. Yes.

The downtime between matches because of swapping mods around is definitely a burden.

I was thinking over the practicality of implication and I think the best system would be to have specific presets per weapon/warframe/sentinel because you have to take into consideration the polarity slots. In order to optimize the load-outs you would need to set presets according to specific placement of the mods.

I like the idea of setting the presets, so that when I equip for example, The Dual Ethers, I can have 2 presets that will drag mods no matter their location and place them on the Ethers. So if I wanted to use them with High Attack Speed or High Charge damage, I can just simply click the preset option and select the appropriate preset in a fraction of the current time do so.

You will need to rename the presets...otherwise having 10 presets will probably get messed up...what was my searched  preset number 7 or 8 ? :)

Ten_Storms... the name "Preset" is only meant as a place holder, but when creating the preset, you can name it whatever you want.  You can name it something that you're familiar with.  Some of my clan mates mentioned using these for build types.  So you could call it "Speed Build" or "Tank Build".  Whatever you feel is most appropriate for the preset.

Good Idea, but this need for weaponn too.

Thank you.

katsman, I mentioned that this particular system can be applied to Warframes, Sentinels, and weapons toward the bottom of my post.  It wouldn't just be limited to Warframes and Sentinels.

DE, please implement this. I personally play with a group of friends a couple times a week and then play solo/online when they aren't around. I constantly have to tell them to not vote for anything or wait while i unequip all (relevent) mods from one frame and 3 weapons and move them over to my other set I use when I play with them. When you have 10 pages worth of pistol (or frame, or shotgun, or whatever) mods it takes up a considerable amount of time finding all the ones you normally use.

Totally agree. It must be implemented! By the way, a "Remove All Equipped Mods" button would also be appreciated. DE gotta take a look at this (greatly done concept, mate!).

Edited by Infrared

Totally agree. It must be implemented! By the way, a "Remove All Equipped Mods" button would also be appreciated. DE gotta take a look at this (greatly done concept, mate!).

I really do hope they implement something like this. It's tedious to organize the mods most of the time and I appreciate that they added the tab system, but I personally want something more efficient and apparently you guys want the same thing as well.

Since this is only concept it has much more room to grow and we're still in beta so we have some room for mistakes.

Keep this post going or repost it to gain more momentum with the DEs!