Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Boss: Orokin Defense Intelligence Network [O.d.i.n.]

Venarge

The Void. DE said it is the last line of defense, some kind of panic room.

But where is someone, who actually protects the people when something is coming in?

My idea for a Void boss would bring a fight that is very intense, and maybe even fun ^^

What is O.D.I.N. ?

It is a network, that controls the "corrupted"

O.D.i.N. knows exactly where you are, knows your movements, your tactics. It learns with the deaths

of its servants. Its the perfect weapon. The orokin made a frame like body for him so he could use the gained

knowledge to fight as the final weapon if the servants fail.

How does O.D.I.N. looks like?

I am not an artist, so dont expect anything good....

zig3322d.png

My actual idea was that he looks like a human being, with a human head. You are able to see that hes clearly not

a real human. It was the perfectionism from the Orokin people. He looks more like a pupppet.^^ Almost like Lotus.

But instead of her headgear, it would wear this corrputed thing.

How is the fight working?

You enter the last room. A giant one. Flat. With a beam of light in the middle of it and O.D.i.N. , floating inside this light.

3sllkbsf.png

When everyone entered the room, a cutscene happens where the light goes off and the being is watching at you. The ground is shaking and the floor you are standing on, turns into many floating cubes. after that a shining light appears and the cutscene is over.

The light transported everyone in the group at one of the many flying cubes, breaking your group into single targets.

duq8ojh4.png

O.D.i.N. now is floating before one of the players and attacks him with his orokin energy whip or his laser beams.

The others have to reach O.D.i.N. to attack him. the movement would be a key part of this fight since you would have to use it in order to fight him. To spice things up, O.D.i.N. is would still be able to control his servants and the room itself. that means that some of those corrupted get teleported at different cubes to support him or he could turn on the white slow mo fog for diferent cubes making you a better target or just self destroy the cube you are standing on.

Your cube would get this red glow like they are overheating. That would give you enough time to jump to another cube.

If you are falling down from a cube, you would get teleported at another cube

I hope you like this idea for a boss fight and thanks for reading=)

Edited by Venarge

One could nitpick the details to death, but I'll just say that I really like the idea of the cube room and a boss that makes you traverse through it. Just make sure it's not CONSTANTLY moving. A periodic shuffle with an obvious indicator that the shuffle is going to happen is fine, but I don't want to time a good jump just to have the game pull the rug out from under me while I'm in the air and committed.

Ever since the Vauban changes the physics have been wonky. My frame won't grab ledges a lot of times and when attempting to wall run just doesn't stick. Sometimes I can just mash the space bar over and over and he's just like NOPE... and won't jump. I want to see that stuff ironed out BEFORE we are asked to do boss rooms like this NOT after.

One could nitpick the details to death, but I'll just say that I really like the idea of the cube room and a boss that makes you traverse through it. Just make sure it's not CONSTANTLY moving. A periodic shuffle with an obvious indicator that the shuffle is going to happen is fine, but I don't want to time a good jump just to have the game pull the rug out from under me while I'm in the air and committed.

Ever since the Vauban changes the physics have been wonky. My frame won't grab ledges a lot of times and when attempting to wall run just doesn't stick. Sometimes I can just mash the space bar over and over and he's just like NOPE... and won't jump. I want to see that stuff ironed out BEFORE we are asked to do boss rooms like this NOT after.

I completely understand you ^^

The cubes wouldnt move constantly. Only from time to time like you said with an obvious indicator.

And of course, the movement has to be ironed before something like this happens.

And thanks for your feedback =)

If nothing else. just for the name I love this suggestion :3

Though I agree with the previous commentors, all current physics bugs would need to be ironed out, and a clean, neat pattern of movement be set up in this cube room of death you've envisioned :D

Those kinds of bugs have been around since way before vauban was ever introduced.

If nothing else. just for the name I love this suggestion :3

Though I agree with the previous commentors, all current physics bugs would need to be ironed out, and a clean, neat pattern of movement be set up in this cube room of death you've envisioned :D

Thank you very much =)

I can already imagine the awesome battle you will have with him :3

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Basically an exact copy of the Red boss fight in Megaman X7?

Thats what this boss is basically i'm not against it by any means i'm just saying

For those of you who think that this has no similarities whatsoever to Red just play X7 both fights have you fighting an enemy while traversing floating platforms.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Basically an exact copy of the Red boss fight in Megaman X7?

Thats what this boss is basically i'm not against it by any means i'm just saying

For those of you who think that this has no similarities whatsoever to Red just play X7 both fights have you fighting an enemy while traversing floating platforms.

I have never played this game so I cant say if this is true or not ^^

I'd quite like this idea.

I think it would be quite cool aswell if he had a "switch teleport" move, that he switches you with one of your team mates, being a bit confusing. Or switch you with an enemy in the middle of a mob. Something to keep you on your toes.

Here's a video of the fight

Ah ok. Yeah. Almost like this. Just with more cubes and with vertical ones as well. So you have a hight difference as well ^^

Thanks for showing me :D

I'd quite like this idea.

I think it would be quite cool aswell if he had a "switch teleport" move, that he switches you with one of your team mates, being a bit confusing. Or switch you with an enemy in the middle of a mob. Something to keep you on your toes.

Im glad you like it =)

Yeah switch teleport would give him another cool power :D

Ah ok. Yeah. Almost like this. Just with more cubes and with vertical ones as well. So you have a hight difference as well ^^

Thanks for showing me :D

No Problem I like this idea i was just pointing out that it was similar to another fight in another game.

Still +1

When are you going to flesh out the rest of the idea? I mean...yay for boss ideas but...there isn't enough. I can accept this for a phase, but here's some things to think about...

What's preventing me from just shooting him? (I'm going to guess you're going to reply with the reverse of bullet attractor surrounding his platform, but something needs stated)

This thing is supposed to know everything about us and how to counter us...if it's always learning why does it only have one phase of tactics? Something like this should have as many as 5 phases and I could see this being the 2nd or 3rd phase.

For the love of god give it a variety of attacks more than just a damned whip and platform deletion.

Flesh the idea out further. If left in this form, then I suggest it as a level 10 boss(at best) that everyone will forget except for it being overly flashy in a game full of bloom.

EDIT: Make 5 phases, give each phase 3-8 mechanics.

Edited by Ghobe

EDIT: Make 5 phases, give each phase 3-8 mechanics.

3 is enough and 3-8 mechanics sounds like overkill.

When are you going to flesh out the rest of the idea? I mean...yay for boss ideas but...there isn't enough. I can accept this for a phase, but here's some things to think about...

What's preventing me from just shooting him? (I'm going to guess you're going to reply with the reverse of bullet attractor surrounding his platform, but something needs stated)

This thing is supposed to know everything about us and how to counter us...if it's always learning why does it only have one phase of tactics? Something like this should have as many as 5 phases and I could see this being the 2nd or 3rd phase.

For the love of god give it a variety of attacks more than just a damned whip and platform deletion.

Most suggestions people make are meant to be given feedback. It's simple: OP makes a suggestion and leaves people to criticize and give feedback on how to make this boss MAXIMUM AWESOME The repliers are expected to give as stated.

Even without that DE will probably find some way to make this suggestion MAXIMUM AWESOME

3 is enough and 3-8 mechanics sounds like overkill.

Most suggestions people make are meant to be given feedback. It's simple: OP makes a suggestion and leaves people to criticize and give feedback on how to make this boss MAXIMUM AWESOME The repliers are expected to give as stated.

Even without that DE will probably find some way to make this suggestion MAXIMUM AWESOME

Oh here allow me to do it.

Phase 1

O.D.I.N. passively parries 80% of bullets.

O.D.I.N. uses techniques similar to the Tenno present including: Ash's Smoke Screen and Teleport, Banshee's Silence and a new attack that disorient's similar to Disruptor attacks, Ember's Fireball and Fireblast, Excalibur's Slash Dash and Radial Javelin, Frost's Ice Wave and Snow Globe, Loki's Invisibility and Decoy(except creating 3 clones and randomly teleporting self), Mag's Pull and Bullet Attractor, Nyx's Mind Control(causes target to see all others as O.D.I.N.) and Chaos(same as modified Mind Control), Rhino's Charge and Radial Blast, Saryn's Venom and Miasma(Smaler effect, constant cloud over an area, up to 3 clouds persisting at once), Trinity's Energy Vampire(except it steals energy) and Curse(reverse of Blessing, temporarily removes all enemies' shields and prevents natural regeneration for a time), Vauban's Tesla and Vortex(except it's just a powerful pull towards an area, not an auto kill), Volt's Shock and Electric Shield.

O.D.I.N. will mostly use these techniques in combination. If there is not a full group or a new frame that has not been programmed in yet: then the team defaults to user->user/Loki/Ash->user/Volt/Ember->user/Rhino/Excalibur.

O.D.I.N. moves rather slowly in this phase mostly taunting the Tenno and using close-range electrical whip attacks when not using a skill.

Phase 2 - 90%

O.D.I.N. has decided he can not merely defeat you using your own techniques.

O.D.I.N. continues to parry 80% of bullets.

O.D.I.N. will now reflect all single target skills back at their owner or otherwise punish them. Examples: Knocking ember's fireball back at him, or causing Mag to pull back a grenade to her face.

O.D.I.N. will also start teleporting on his own whether an Ash is present or not. After 3 teleports he will proceed to attack someone at point blank range with a powerful skill combo from the above list. If no enabling skills exists he will use Radial Blast->Tesla->Pull and then proceed to whip the player.

Phase 3 - 60%

O.D.I.N. teleports to the center of the room and performs a massive radial blast + radial javelin combo pinning the players to the outside walls of the room.

O.D.I.N. then takes a time out for a monologue and then causes the room to shatter like in the OP.

O.D.I.N. will only move by teleporting to seperate platforms(25 second cooldown).

O.D.I.N. will begin to launch slow moving electrical spheres at platforms that players are on(3-5 consecutive shots). These shots cause the platforms to temporarily vanish out of existence.

Any time a player falls, they receive 20% of their maximum health as damage and can not be healed for it for the rest of the fight.

O.D.I.N.'s platform is protected by a reverse Bullet Attractor, causing all bullets shot at his platform from outside the platform to be redirected back. This ability can be canceled by using a Mag's Bullet Attractor.

O.D.I.N. has no ability to parry in this phase.

O.D.I.N. floats on his platform out of melee range.

When a player infiltrates O.D.I.N.'s platform, after a few moments he will summon 1 elite and 2 non-elite corrupted units to fend them off onto various platforms(Ancient Disruptor and 2 Scorpions on a random platform, Bombardier and 2 Crawlers on his, Healing Ancient + Shield Osprey + Shield Lancer on his, etc).

Phase 3.5 - 30%

Transition Phase.

A cutscene will trigger showing sparks run through O.D.I.N.'s body as he overloads. Eventually his light fades out and he begins to fall, as do the platforms the Tenno are on. Cutscene exits.

The platforms are now free falling and some are turning side ways with all that are flat happening to have no LoS on O.D.I.N., but the ones that are sideways do.

The Tenno take to their acrobatics to deal damage to the disabled O.D.I.N. body through wall running and gunning.

Phase 4 - 20% or 30 seconds

A cutscene triggers again showing the platforms crashing into the ground and O.D.I.N. slamming down while the Tenno land safely. The collision with the ground has re-awoken O.D.I.N. Phase begins. Room remains mostly unlit, headgear flashlights are used to see.

Thanks to the platforms breaking ammo and energy refills scatter the room.

O.D.I.N. has begun to malfunction.

O.D.I.N. now only parries 10% of bullets.

O.D.I.N. will use skill combinations showing the potential of what the Tenno could possibly do.

The list of combos:

4 Decoy->Excalibur Dash that leaves behind an electrical/flame/frozen(one at random) line impeding movement in some way(electrical high shield damage, flame setting on fire/high health damage, and frozen removing friction)->Teleport->temporary disable.

Teleport->Vortex->Mass Pull->Miasma->Teleport->Temporary disable.

Pull->Charge->Radial Blast->Pull->Tesla->Excalibur Dash->Temporary disable.

Teleport->Invisibility->Silence->Chaos->5 seconds->Temporary disable and effects removed.

Teleport->Smoke Screen->Teleport->Smoke Screen->Teleport->Smoke Screen->Teleport to melee range of someone->Radial Blast->Pull->Radial Javelin->fake disable->Excalibur Dash->Smoke Screen->Teleport->Excalibur Dash->Smoke Screen->Teleport->Excalibur Dash->failed smoke screen+extended disable. Only used under 10%.

Phase 5 - 0%

Cutscene plays showing O.D.I.N. getting destroyed and collapsing to the ground for the final time. After a moment the room lights up revealing a massive super computer, the true O.D.I.N. Phase begins.

Damage is done to O.D.I.N. by destroying various parts of his being, each part is self repairing until fully destroyed. Unlike the O.D.I.N. warframe, the O.D.I.N. Super Computer has very limited health, equivalent to 35% of the warframe.

3 laser beams will consistently move horizontally across the room as to not damage O.D.I.N., but dealing high damage to anything else.

Phase 5.1

3 sets of 10 turrets will immediately pop out from the walls and begin to shoot the tenno.(after each 10 are destroyed, the next 10 pop out)

Phase 5.2 Turrets destroyed or 30 seconds

1 door on each wall of the room that is not O.D.I.N. will open up. Corrupted will begin to start pouring into the room with increasing power as the fight goes on, starting with crawlers, prod crewmen, and Flameblades. And ending with the unexpected: Hyenas, Ancient Disruptors, Heavy Gunners, and Heavy Bombardiers.

When the O.D.I.N. Super Computer is finally destroyed in its entirety, all Corrupted will immediately die and the ship becomes unpowered.

How's that? Sound better to you?

i support!

Thanks for your support =)

The name alone makes this worth it.

Thank you as well mate :D

How's that? Sound better to you?

Just WOW!

I really like this idea!

It shows great potential for an awesome fight. This idea would also support his being itself(watching enemies through his servants to learn and adapt the skills of his enemies).

The only thing I would change is that he isnt simply copying the skills. He could make them more powerfull.

At least, they shouldnt have the same color as your skills. This would make his attacks more unique and would prevent chaos since you wouldnt know who is using the skill at the moment. My simple idea for that would be that all of his skill have golden particles/golden colors.

This way, we are still able to make the difference between his and our skills.

Everything else is just badass!

Edited by Venarge