The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Once And For All, Can We Please Sort Out Mod Management?

Altissimus

1) We need a button that sorts mods by polarity.  Please.  This would save SO much time.

2) The button that shows ALL mods needs to show ALL mods, and not forget the ones installed on frames/weapons not currently equipped.  This avoids a situation where you forget you had a Redirection levelled up to 6, and level up another one.

3) Save profiles on frames/weapons that will remember your favourite configurations.  Every other MMORPG has profile-saving options.  Please go steal their code.  We won't tell.

4) Strip all mods off with one button click.

5) Adding mods to weapons/frames: right now, we have 19 "pages" of mods to scroll through when searching for a specific mod to add to a weapon/frame, with each "page" being a line of mods.  PLEASE remove duplicates.  I don't want to see that I can add 37 unlevelled vitality mods to my frame.  Just show me my level 2, my level 3 and my level 4 vitality - because these are different and not duplicates.

This is an elementary and important part of this game, and we waste so much time moving mods around.  Please get this sorted.

Thank you.

3) Save profiles on frames/weapons that will remember your favourite configurations.  Every other MMORPG has profile-saving options.  Please go steal their code.  We won't tell.

Please. Very please.

I don't want to browse through ~40 pages of mods if I'm changing my frame.

What is the "type" sorting button for? I initially thought it was to sort by polarity, but found its results nonsensical at first glance.

In any case I'm full on board with these suggestions and have a few of my own to add. 

There need to be secondary sorting priorities for each sorting selection. Type should be changed to polarity sorting.

Name > Rating

Type > Name > Rating

The Recent and Rating sorting types are fine as is.

Also, we need some filtering on mod selection on the weapon/warframe mod loadout screen. Since we cannot equip duplicate mods to our weapons/warframes, why do we get shown a ton of duplicates that eat space away from an already space constraned selection list? The list of equippable mods should only have one card for each unique rank of a specific mod.

It would be nice to have a new tab in the mod list so I can only see duplicates of the mods I've already fully levelled, allowing me to treat some of my duplicates as extra fusion cores. For example, If I have a fully levelled Stretch and an un-levelled Stretch, I would like there to be a tab that shows the un-levelled stretch, but not the fully levelled one. If I have a continuity at the penultimate level, and an un-levelled continuity, I would not want either continuity to show in this tab.

Does that make sense?

I have over 100 mod pages for most of my items. Not being able to click on the first 40 pages really really sucks. There have been many times where rather than change frames and mods I just quit and do something else. It's not worth 5 minutes of carefully clicking so I don't miss the page it's on and have to start over.

Stack duplicates of the same rank [i.e. 5 level 0 Redirections stack into one pile, but not the same pile as your level 8 Redirection] in the "mod equip" screen with a number to tell you how many you have.

This seriously needs a bump, I don't see why even some of these arn't in? Really simple ones like strip all and sort by polarity? Seriously DE did you leave these out just to annoy people, I don't need a mini-game of that card game where you match the pairs everytime I play warframe. I just wanna sort my S#&$ out and bask in it's glory. Please fix!!

This seriously needs a bump, I don't see why even some of these arn't in? Really simple ones like strip all and sort by polarity? Seriously DE did you leave these out just to annoy people, I don't need a mini-game of that card game where you match the pairs everytime I play warframe. I just wanna sort my S#&$ out and bask in it's glory. Please fix!!

If I didn't fuse ~ 1500 abilities and other common mods together, I would have more than 3000 mods currently.

But I'm more of a collector. I don't like decreasing the amount of something I own :P

4) Strip all mods off with one button click.

These  2 please DE

I hope you guys know this was already touched on via live streams and is in the works. It was even accidentally leaked in-game.

This is good.  Getting in ALL the above points is better.  I want to make sure that we get all that is needed, not just half of one or two of these points.

These are simple fixes in the grand scheme of things.

And bulk shop buying.

^^^^^THIS.........OMG this...Get off your bums DE. This is THE MOST SIMPLE THING. i waste Soooo much time clicking, buy, equip. THEN REPEAT. It is such a pain. Just add bulk buying for ammo boxes and stuff like that. Jeez, that's like pre alpha stuff.

Seriously.

I am starting to get 90 pages of mods that I have to navigate through. And considering I play Frost, Loki, Volt, and Banshee religiously, and do not main one class *Loki most though* I am finding it taking me 10 minutes to search for the mods I need. I am so close to just leveling every mod and sticking it on each frame and being done with it.

But that would be a waist, because I seem to have bad luck. I forma'd my paris 3 times and now paris prime beats it.

/end of rant

I encourage this thread, take my plus 1 and bump, respectively.

Sort by Rating works best when browsing Fusion Mods

Sort by Name works with everything else.

=============== side note: ---------------

use tabs to organize the weapon mod loadout menu. Say you want to spice up your snipeVandal, instead of cycling through countless pages to find your next unique mod.

some proposed ideas ( will need someone to expand on this, with visuals or better wording. please)

1st. have a tab that only shows you you're highest Ranking/Equip cost mod of that kind. this tab will only show one vitality, one redirection, one rush, etc

2nd tab shows Only one of every unique mods + one of each equip cost variant BUT NO duplicates! this tab shows highest ranked vitality, and every vitality with a different equip cost, NO duplicate equip costs. (when you are leveling you just want to fill unused equip points, this tab will help you find a fit)

3rd tab, is the default mod slider we have now

I have 100+ pages of mods for Frames and weapons.  I hope that the arsenal UI gets an overhaul asap because seeing the work that was put into the starchart and foundry that could have been focused on the arsenal really disappoints me.  I'm glad to see that DE is finally improving the UI, but they started in the wrong areas.

Sort by Rating works best when browsing Fusion Mods

Sort by Name works with everything else.

=============== side note: ---------------

use tabs to organize the weapon mod loadout menu. Say you want to spice up your snipeVandal, instead of cycling through countless pages to find your next unique mod.

some proposed ideas ( will need someone to expand on this, with visuals or better wording. please)

1st. have a tab that only shows you you're highest Ranking/Equip cost mod of that kind. this tab will only show one vitality, one redirection, one rush, etc

2nd tab shows Only one of every unique mods + one of each equip cost variant BUT NO duplicates! this tab shows highest ranked vitality, and every vitality with a different equip cost, NO duplicate equip costs. (when you are leveling you just want to fill unused equip points, this tab will help you find a fit)

3rd tab, is the default mod slider we have now

Think you've missed the point a bit here.  Only one of the five points I've raised has got anything to do with sorting mods.  The rest are to do with mod management.  

Also, your first and second points were already requested in my OP, and your third point is what we have now.  So.  Um...thanks for posting, I guess.