The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframes] Onyx

SethA007

I had a few ideas for some Warframes and decided to put some on the forums. I'm going to put these Warframe ideas on the forums in separate posts, along with all of their abilities, stats, names, visual descriptions, and helmets.

Statistics:

Name: Onyx

Theme: Crystal or Crystaline Structures

Health: 125/300

Shields: 150/450

Energy: 100/150

Armor: 115

Sprint Speed: 0.8

Shield Regeneration: 32 

Powers:

Ability #1: Shard

Cost: 25 Energy

Ranks: 3 (Each rank increases damage dealt. Affected by Focus.)

Damage: 100-250

Description: "Onyx fires a  sharp, pointed projectile made of a crystaline material towards an enemy, dealing armor piercing damage and possibly impaling the enemy to a wall or nearby surface." This ability would be somewhat like an arrow from the Paris, in the fact that it does armor piercing damage and can impale entities to nearby surfaces or other entities. The projectile itself is rather slow, traveling at about the same speed as an arrow fired by a fully drawn Paris. You can lock onto an enemy by selecting him with your cross-hairs. If you just shot blatantly, the ability will miss and not seek out a target. However, locking onto an enemy will cause the Shard to seek the enemy and follow it.

Ability #2: Crystal Ball

Cost: 50 Energy

Ranks: 3 (Each rank increases the initial impact damage and the shrapnel damage, both affected by Focus.)

Initial Impact Damage: 150-300

Shrapnel Damage: 25-75 per piece of shrapnel

Description: "Onyx lobs a crystal sphere of diamond towards an enemy with enough force to break the orb upon impact." This power is, in a way, a shrapnel grenade. The sphere would have to travel pretty quickly for it to break upon impact. The sphere is maybe about the size of a baseball, and the initial impact does physics type damage, while the shrapnel does serrated blade type damage. The sphere can break into anywhere from 75 pieces, to 150 pieces, which is why the shrapnel damage is so low. Multiple pieces of shrapnel can hit an enemy, doing stacked damage. The Shrapnel and the Sphere both will stagger an enemy upon impact, however, the Sphere will stagger much longer and much larger enemies than the Shrapnel. Heavies and bosses are unaffected by the Shrapnel stagger, but not the Sphere stagger. This ability will not seek out enemies like Ash's first ability, Shuriken. It can, however, be thrown onto the ground for splash damage.

Ability #3: Crystalize

Cost: 50 Energy

Ranks: 

Duration: 10 seconds (Affected by Continuity. Each Rank increases this by 5 seconds.)

Duration of Crystals: 60 seconds (Affected by Continuity. Each rank increases this by 30 seconds.)

Description: "Onyx grabs a handful of a special chemical and leaves a trail of it on the ground, causing massive crystals to grow in a wall like formation." This power allows Onyx to create a custom wall of crystals, that interlock to keep enemies out. There are holes you can shoot from, and there would be small holes on the bottom that Tenno could slide through. Upon usage of this power, you will leave a glowing trail behind you that only Tenno can see. This glowing trail is where the crystals will pop up. It is suggested that you do not stand on this area, the crystals will throw you very high into the air. These structures will grow very rapidly, forming a defensive wall for Onyx and his fellow Tenno to take cover behind. This can also be great for defense missions where you may just circle around the point you need to defend and let the crystals grow.

Ability #4: Scatter Shot

Cost: 100 Energy

Ranks: 3

Number of crystals fired: 10 (Increases by 5 every rank. Affected by Focus.)

Damage per Crystal: 200-300 (Increases minimum damage by 50 every rank.)

Description: "Onyx creates several crystaline structures in the air that hover and circle around him, then abruptly fires them in all directions." This power creates multiple shards from Onyx's first ability, Shard, and fires them in all directions, but at a much, much higher velocity. These crystals each break into two or three smaller crystals, which will impale the same enemy. These crystals will seek out nearby targets, however, one target can only be targeted by one large crystal, or three small ones. The damage per crystal is the damage per small crystal. I will be open about nerfing this one, as I can see how it would be overpowered, but I just want to see what you guys think. I also realize this could potentially create a bit of lag, but we already have one lag generator (Nova). 

P.S. I will be working on the rest of this later. I need to take a break for now. ;)

-Seth

Edited by SethA007

Nice idea but for the 4th power it could be that the entire body crystalizes and fires out these crystal in every direction AOE effect, think the bolbs on rhinos iron skin as spikes that then fire.

Other than that idea I like the entire concept.

Damn.. I thought there'd be the pokémon Onyx.. :I

Nevermind me !

>>>>>>[]

Yeah, no pokemon here. Sorry! :P

Nice idea but for the 4th power it could be that the entire body crystalizes and fires out these crystal in every direction AOE effect, think the bolbs on rhinos iron skin as spikes that then fire.

Other than that idea I like the entire concept.

Thanks! Glad you like it, and dang, you guys are quick. You both should check out my other Warframe idea, Phantom. Here's a link! :D

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/95964-warframes-phantom/

No, he has good stats and OP moves, so no. 3rd move is kinda like snow globe and 4th move is kinda like radial javelin

EDIT: 1st move is too much like shuriken

wall =/= globe

"shard" is like shuriken like freeze and fireball are like shuriken

ergo "shard" =/= shuriken.

all ult #4 skills are either one of 1 types. 1) object blockable (like radial javalin) and 2) non-object blockable (like crush, fire blast, avalanche, etc)

saying "scatter shot" is like radial jav is like saying fire blast is like avalanche. IMO "scatter shot" is more like OP null star than radial jav, but hey that's just me.

Edited by BIackLotus

No, he has good stats and OP moves, so no. 3rd move is kinda like snow globe and 4th move is kinda like radial javelin

EDIT: 1st move is too much like shuriken

I know, I even stated his last move was somewhat OP, and I am open to nerfing it. However, he IS a tank. Crystals. He's made of diamonds. The hardest natural substance known to man. He's going to have good stats. However, due to him being a tank, he's really slow. And dang guys, you are quick to post on this! I can't keep up! D:

Nice, esp part with wall. Gimme chance to troll team by spamming it in long narrow corridor, running like thunder. And I am not talking fast like thunder.

Thanks! But, why would you want to troll the team? People don't like being trolled. >:[

+1 For the Pokemon name :P

In all seriousness, I like the idea of a cyrstal based Warframe.

Thanks, but I wasn't going for a Pokemon name. I do know that there is a Ground Type Pokemon named Onyx, who looks like a giant snake made out of rocks. (I used to play Pokemon as a kid, I don't anymore, though.). I, too, like the idea of Crystal based Warframe. All of you guys should check out my other Warframe suggestion, Phantom. Here's a link! :D

Health: 150/450

Shields: 150/450

Energy: 150/225

Armor: 70

Sprint Speed: 0.7

Shield Regeneration: 32 

yeah, so you want 150 on everything, and op skills,

Again, I'm open to nerfing.

wall =/= globe

"shard" is like shuriken like freeze and fireball are like shuriken

ergo "shard" =/= shuriken.

all ult #4 skills are either one of 1 types. 1) object blockable (like radial javalin) and 2) non-object blockable (like crush, fire blast, avalanche, etc)

saying "scatter shot" is like radial jav is like saying fire blast is like avalanche. IMO "scatter shot" is more like OP null star than radial jav, but hey that's just me.

He will not move around like Nova does with Null Star. He will stand there, conjure up some crystals with an animation similar to Null Star, and fire them with a snap of his fingers. He will completely immobilized during the use of this power. :P

Make it diamond, crystal is too weak. Something like uh... Emma Frost from Xmen ! With powers of Colossus.

I'll think about it. :3 However, I do not know which one Emma Frost is. I'm not that big into the X-Men movies, but I watch them. I don't absorb every little detail. I'll have to watch them again. And who is Colossus, again? :P Oh, and I forgot to mention, a diamond with a perfect, uniform formation (a formation that repeats itself, example, think of the Green Gem from The Sims games, but with the bottom being a shaft of that and not a mirror image of the top.) But I could make it a diamond, if you want.

And guys, tell me what you think about my other Warframe Idea, Phantom! Here's a link! :D

Edited by SethA007

He will not move around like Nova does with Null Star. He will stand there, conjure up some crystals with an animation similar to Null Star, and fire them with a snap of his fingers. He will completely immobilized during the use of this power. :P

well, all ult #4 skills are immobilizing. i was suggesting and stating a basic difference between "scatter shot" and radial jav to the prev poster.

I'll think about it. :3 However, I do not know which one Emma Frost is. I'm not that big into the X-Men movies, but I watch them. I don't absorb every little detail. I'll have to watch them again. And who is Colossus, again? :P Oh, and I forgot to mention, a diamond with a perfect, uniform formation (a formation that repeats itself, example, think of the Green Gem from The Sims games, but with the bottom being a shaft of that and not a mirror image of the top.) But I could make it a diamond, if you want.

"crystalline" of some sort is fine. doesn't have to be "diamond, emerald, adamantium, sapphire, and tungsten carbon nano-structure combination of uber rareness" kind of thing.

just a fun fact for ya - military helicopters use lab-grown emeralds for their windows. not glass, or some kind of synthetic bullet proof composite, diamond, etc.

lab-grown emeralds (and no emeralds are not colored naturally - their color is derived from impurities in the composition during growth)

anyway, "crystalline structures of some unknown rareness and strength and origin" is fine, and actually quite fitting, tbh.

THIS

IS

SPARTA WARFRAME

lol :P

Edited by BIackLotus

well, all ult #4 skills are immobilizing. i was suggesting and stating a basic difference between "scatter shot" and radial jav to the prev poster.

"crystalline" of some sort is fine. doesn't have to be "diamond, emerald, adamantium, sapphire, and tungsten carbon nano-structure combination of uber rareness" kind of thing.

just a fun fact for ya - military helicopters use lab-grown emeralds for their windows. not glass, or some kind of synthetic bullet proof composite, diamond, etc.

lab-grown emeralds (and no emeralds are not colored naturally - their color is derived from impurities in the composition during growth)

anyway, "crystalline structures of some unknown rareness and strength and origin" is fine, and actually quite fitting, tbh.

THIS

IS

SPARTA WARFRAME

lol :P

Good to know. :P I'll think about it. I'm going to come back to this later, I need to take a break, and I have 13 more Warframes to do anyway. :/

Well, it was just a thought. Crystal sounds too... breakable.

Colossus is an Xmen capable of turning his body into organic steel, turning into an armor resistant to almost everything (bullets, fire, explosions, extreme temperatures) etc.

And Emma Frost do the same with diamonds. She becomes crystalline after turning into this form. Well, that's not her primary ability, she is more kind of a psychic.

But I'd like to see this on a Warframe.

Well, it was just a thought. Crystal sounds too... breakable.

Colossus is an Xmen capable of turning his body into organic steel, turning into an armor resistant to almost everything (bullets, fire, explosions, extreme temperatures) etc.

And Emma Frost do the same with diamonds. She becomes crystalline after turning into this form. Well, that's not her primary ability, she is more kind of a psychic.

But I'd like to see this on a Warframe.

Are you perhaps thinking of crystal as a type of glass? Because Crystal Glass isn't actually crystal. It's just glass that has been molded into a crystal like shape. That "Crystal" glass has many, many imperfections with the structure that unless we can get some nanobots to go and get rid of the imperfections and align all of the molecules into the same structure, it will never be a true crystal. And actually, many crystals are very durable, including Quartz, Diamond, Emerald, ect. If you want something truly strong, then you want this material called Graphene. Graphene is a synthetic, man-made material, that is, however, not crystalline, but is incredibly strong. In fact, it would take an elephant standing on a pencil to puncture a sheet of graphene as thin as celophane seram (<Spelling?) wrap. That's amazing.

Edited by SethA007

Very interesting concept.

For a tank, I think this frame's abilities are actually too weak.

-The first ability will miss a ton, thus being a waste of energy. Better just to spray and pray with one's gun, than waste precious energy.

-Crystal Sphere sounds interesting. I can't accurately judge if it will be good or just wasted energy. Though, leaving the damage largely to chance is risky. Shrapnel is all chance. If the dev's design the explosion to be random, to mimic real life, then the AoE would be hit or miss and would often be a huge waste of energy. At close range, its not a huge issue, but long range the ability is junk.

-The third ability, Crystalize, is a nice utility but not worth a 75 energy cost. 50 is much better. Its just a wall of crystal. Its not a Vauban's Bastille. That and even Diamond would be shattered by constant projectile and or energy fire from enemies trying to break through. Let alone a rocket or two. Otherwise, it would be very useful.

-The ultimate seems cool, but not. I'm not so sure it needs nerfing, yet at the same time, I feel underwhelmed by what it might do. Not sure what else to say, sorry.

As for the stats, you might want to tone down the energy pool a bit. Loki and other lighter frames have 225 energy. Rhino only has an energy pool of 150 max at level 30. His HP even maxes out at 300 at 30.

If you want Onyx to be a tank, up his armor. 70 is far to low. Saryn has 125 and Rhino and Frost have 150. Up his speed too. 0.7 will leave Onyx so far behind, the player will be crying, whining, and *@##$ing to his team-mates to wait up for him and to stop leaving him behind.

Otherwise, the concept has potential. Its certainly interesting.

Edited by DarkXanatos

Very interesting concept.

For a tank, I think this frame's abilities are actually too weak.

-The first ability will miss a ton, thus being a waste of energy. Better just to spray and pray with one's gun, than waste precious energy.

-Crystal Sphere sounds interesting. I can't accurately judge if it will be good or just wasted energy. Though, leaving the damage largely to chance is risky. Shrapnel is all chance. If the dev's design the explosion to be random, to mimic real life, then the AoE would be hit or miss and would often be a huge waste of energy. At close range, its not a huge issue, but long range the ability is junk.

-The third ability, Crystalize, is a nice utility but not worth a 75 energy cost. 50 is much better. Its just a wall of crystal. Its not a Vauban's Bastille. That and even Diamond would be shattered by constant projectile and or energy fire from enemies trying to break through. Let alone a rocket or two. Otherwise, it would be very useful.

-The ultimate seems cool, but not. I'm not so sure it needs nerfing, yet at the same time, I feel underwhelmed by what it might do. Not sure what else to say, sorry.

As for the stats, you might want to tone down the energy pool a bit. Loki and other lighter frames have 225 energy. Rhino only has an energy pool of 150 max at level 30. His HP even maxes out at 300 at 30.

If you want Onyx to be a tank, up his armor. 70 is far to low. Saryn has 125 and Rhino and Frost have 150. Up his speed too. 0.7 will leave Onyx so far behind, the player will be crying, whining, and *@##$ing to his team-mates to wait up for him and to stop leaving him behind.

Otherwise, the concept has potential. Its certainly interesting.

Thank you! And thank you for the tips, I will get back to work on this. I actually have a friend doing concept art at the moment, so that will be up soon. And, check out my other Warframe Idea, Phantom! Here's a link! :D

• 10 months later...

hey of course this isn't a pokemon cause the pokemon is called Onix not Onyx so who would think this was a pokemon

Onyx reminds me more of rock even though it is a black gem but this is a good idea. We need a warframe of crystal