Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframes] Phantom

SethA007

I had a few ideas for some Warframes and decided to put some on the forums. I'm going to put these Warframe ideas on the forums in separate posts, along with all of their abilities, stats, names, visual descriptions, and helmets.

Statistics:

Name: Phantom

Theme: Ghost or Etheral Being
Health: 75/225

Shields: 75/225

Energy: 150/225
Sprint Speed: 1.15

Armor: 30

Shield Regeneration: 15 

Powers:

Ability #1: Haunt

Cost: 25 Energy

Ranks: 3 (Each rank increases maximum number of enemies taken with the selected enemy by 2. Default: 3. Affected by Focus.)

Description/Usage: "Phantom whispers into the ear of an enemy, or interacts with the environment in a supernatural way, scaring an enemy into moving away from the area, taking some of his peers with him." To use this ability, target an enemy or an interactive object, such as a door, a crate, or a hacking console. If Phantom targets an enemy, a small shroud of thin, white, wispy mist will flow around the enemy. If Phantom Haunts an object, the object can either: Open and close repeatedly (Door, locker[Lockers will not drop items with this power]), break and repair itself multiple times (crate[Crates will not drop items upon usage of this power]), or flicker rapidly (console[Cannot be used to hack consoles remotely]). Using this ability will not put an enemy into an Alert Status, it will, however, put them into a Cautious Status.

Ability #2: Phase

Cost: 50 Energy

Duration: 10 Seconds (Increases by 2 seconds every rank. Affected by Continuity and Constitution.)

Ranks: 3

Description/Usage: "Phantom changes the structure of his molecules, into that of a super-fluid. He can now walk through walls or enemies." This ability allows clipping with the environment. This ability can be used to walk through doors during a lock-down, or doors that require two people to open. Upon collision with an enemy, Phantom will inflict a miniscule amount of freeze damage as well as slow down the enemy (Does 1 freeze damage per second for 3 seconds). They will not enter Alert Status, they will, however, enter Cautious Status. This effect can be canceled by attacking, or being shot at if in an alert status. (You will not be completely invisible, but there is a 75% reduction in detection chance, affected by power strength, and you can still take damage.) Upon usage of this power, you WILL NOT clip through the floor, you will not leave the ground (unless you jump) if you try to walk up (This means you can't "Fly" around using this power by walking through the air). Nor is it possible to clip out of the map. 

Ability #3: Possession
Cost: 75 Energy

Duration: 15 Seconds (Increases by 5 every rank. Affected by Continuity and Constitution.)

Ranks: 3

Description/Usage: "Phantom invades the body of an enemy, taking control his actions for a short period of time." This ability is kind of a disguise ability. For the duration of this power, you are rendered as an ally to the faction of the possessed target. Upon shooting, Phantom will be ejected out of the body. Melee attacks will result in stealth kills, however, all enemies that witness the act will become hostile. The only power that Phantom will be able to use is Haunt. You will be able to see stats, weapons, powers, etc. of the enemy you are possessing. Using any powers or weapons will reduce the remaining duration by half. The duration reduction may be reduced by having a lower power strength, but will also reduce the chance of a successful possession by 1/3 of the power strength change. If you are seen in the process of possessing an enemy, you will be treated as if you had just been seen and enemies will attack accordingly. Upon being shot to the point where the enemy is at 50% health, you will be ejected out of the body you are currently inside of. Whenever the power ends, prematurely or at the end of the duration, the enemy will either die if their health is low (x</=15%), or they will suffer moderate damage (Damage ranges from only 20-30% max-health damage).

Ability #4: Summon Shadows

Cost: 100 Energy

Duration: 30 Seconds (Increases by 10 seconds every rank. Affected by Continuity and Constitution.)

Ranks: 3 (Each rank increases the number of Shadows summoned by 3. Default: 3.)

Description/Usage: "Phantom summons multiple copies of himself, who will move around and distract or possess enemies." This power allows for multiple and mobile decoys. These decoys deal no damage while they are in their true form. However, the Shadows can deal damage by possessing an enemy, and causing him to shoot either his allies, or himself. If an assassination target is present, or other target with a high threat level, the Shadows will attempt to possess them. One shadow on its own is not enough to take control of an assassination target or a Tenno Assassin. Each Shadow will cause a minor stun as it fights for control of its host's body. One after another, until none remain. (As an added bonus, Shadows may possess inactive Tenno and prevent them from being disconnected by making them AI controlled. This will enabled a 3 second count-down timer, followed by X keybind to prevent it, and the same keybind to end it should they return.) Possessed targets may end a lockdown, or do other things to aid the tenno. The Shadows are unpredictable, and a force to be reckoned with. Do not underestimate them, and do not take them for granted; they are chaotic and malicious in nature. The Shadows have the same amount of health, and run at the same speed Phantom does, but they have half shields. Enemies cannot tell which Phantom is real or not, and will shoot at the Shadows until only the real Phantom remains.

Helmets: 

Alternate Helmet #1: Soul Helmet: Sacrifice Sprint Speed in exchange for Energy Efficiency.

Alternate Helmet #2: Poltergeist Helmet: Sacrifice Armor in exchange for Energy Maximum.

Visual Description:

Phantom is of average height and is very thin and slender (Not a reference to the Slenderman Series.), with some raised areas on his Warframe. These areas are on his upper to mid torso, and they resemble the ribs of a skeleton. On his default helmet, he will have raised areas in the shape of a skull. His fingers will resemble a skeletal hand, and his feet will resemble skeletal feet. He has "claws" on his fingers, and these raised areas resembling skeletal features should be an ivory color. The areas that are not raised should be a black (Not too deep, maybe the color of the square in the smoke color on the lower left corner, third from the bottom.) On his skull like design there will be some very thin "Cracks." These should be black, as well.

The skeletal areas are his primary color, and the large black areas (Not the cracks or anywhere else on the face.) are where his secondary colors would appear. The cracks would be either A: [Energy Colors] or B: [Tint 1 or Tint 2 Colors]. The skeletal design on his hands would be where energy colors would be shown, and his "Claws" (Which are normally red) would be part of Tint 1 (Or Tint 2. This depends on if the cracking is going to be part of the Tint. If it is, then it will be whichever Tint the claws are not. So if the claws are Tint 1, the cracks are Tint 2 and vice versa.)

Helmet Descriptions:

Soul Helmet Description: The soul helmet will more closely resemble a skull than the default helmet. It will should have holes where the eye sockets and nose are located. There will be a faint glowing effect emitted from these areas that will have their coloration tied to the Energy Color.

Poltergeist Helmet Description: The poltergeist helmet will look somewhat like a candle flame shape, and have physics. The upper portion (The Cranium) of this helmet will always stay up, but will show some slight flickering. When Phantom moves the flickering will be more noticeable. There will be a design featuring eye sockets without eyes, and an open skeletal jaw. These open areas will have a slight fog or smoke effect that will roll out of them, and the fog coloration will be tied to the Energy Color. The effect will be like the particles from Ash's arm, but instead of there just being minor flares of color from the gray, the fog will have a solid color, but will be slightly faded and translucent. (If you choose a red that resembles a strawberry, you might get a color similar to if it had been slightly sunbleached.)

Thank you for reading this! I know it's a lot. It's essentially a broken up wall of text. I tried to get the format nice and neat so that you guys could find the information a whole lot easier. Let me know if you like it or if it needs any nerfing or buffing, or just needs to be redone as a whole. I tried to make this as balanced as possible and not make it a 'Frame that has a balance breaking uber-move. And please, if you think one of Phantom's powers is a kill-switch, let me know! Be sure to read the other Warframe Concepts that I have (or will) post!

EDIT: I changed the format so it's much more condensed and less of a giant wall of text only separated by line breaks. :D

Edit: Disregard stat changes on the helms, this way made waaay back in the day when we still had stat-hats.

Edited by SethA007

i mean not hatrid or anything to the idea you are suggestiong , im glad people have great imaginations to post suggestions and ideas +1 great to see more people like you on the forum

HOWEVER

in all honestly when will a warframe like this ever become usefull , the only way i see it becoming more useful is if some of the powers where changed and tweaked then sure i say fire away , this also sounds like a pure stealth warframe and lets straight here there is no real stealth system in this game as of yet , but still i dont think they are wanting to push for a all out stealth warframe

:) but anyways best of luck in the future , keep the suggestions rolling , you along with ALOt others is what keeps this game alive and full of ideas

From what I'm reading..... Why the HELL do I get an image of dementors in my head? o-o

Heh... Yeah, not trying to make a Dementor Warframe. :P

i mean not hatrid or anything to the idea you are suggestiong , im glad people have great imaginations to post suggestions and ideas +1 great to see more people like you on the forum

HOWEVER

in all honestly when will a warframe like this ever become usefull , the only way i see it becoming more useful is if some of the powers where changed and tweaked then sure i say fire away , this also sounds like a pure stealth warframe and lets straight here there is no real stealth system in this game as of yet , but still i dont think they are wanting to push for a all out stealth warframe

:) but anyways best of luck in the future , keep the suggestions rolling , you along with ALOt others is what keeps this game alive and full of ideas

Thanks! And don't worry, I welcome all constructive criticism, whether it be praising or slandering the idea. The Warframe itself is kind of like Loki. It is mainly for toying with, distracting, and manipulating your enemies, more so than Loki. When I chose to play as Loki, I thought it be something a bit similar to this, not exactly, but a little bit. I was disappointed when I found that he wasn't really that much of a manipulator, though some can argue otherwise. I found his ult very disappointing in the fact that all it does is give people "Stunsticks" as I call them. The ult might as well be called "Radial Stunstick." This Warframe is for players who prefer a much stealthier role or a much more manipulative role. Again, it does seem like a full out stealth Warframe, and I can see that. However, Phantom can also be a tactical Warframe. His Ability to move enemies away from an area undetected can be invaluable (I forgot to mention he can do this to alerted enemies or enemies in combat, though much less effectively.). His ultimate is almost like a panic button if you're caught in a swarm of enemies. His ability for manipulation would far surpass that of Loki. He'd be able to turn the tide of battle very quickly if you knew how to use him correctly. ;)

you have some nice ideas but the flow is wrong. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/95600-crypt-the-wicked-warframe/ this is my concept give it a look. and when you get to specter thats what you should have gone with.

Masqurade, actually I have looked at your idea prior to writing this. I had some ideas for several (actually I mean around +15) warframes, a ghost being one of them. I just wanted to poke around the forums to see what has already been suggested, so that way no one thinks that I have copied their idea. And please, explain how the flow is wrong? His Phase power would have allowed him to walk through walls, not just enemies, so it'd be more useful depending on the situation. If there isn't a command console nearby, but there is one on the other side of a door, Phantom would be able to walk through the door, stop the lock-down, and let everyone through. Your Specter ability only does damage to enemies over time and makes you invulnerable at the cost of being unable to attack.

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...