Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Canis The Venerable Hound (Gravity Based/battlefield Tactician)

Vilanova

----Canis The Venerable Hound-----

Knight based look with a mix of either a wolf with segmented officer's uniform or Wolf-like fluted armor. With either rapier styled weapon or halberd. Main play style is to control the masses and mobs. Like a rook or a spider, his parlor is his hunting ground.

warframe___canis_contest__wip__by_redski

Here's a coloring example

warframe____wip_by_redskittlez_da-d7hzd3

http://redskittlez-da.deviantart.com/art/Warframe-Canis-Contest-WIP-473926670?ga_submit_new=10%253A1407451994

This is a collaboration with Redskittlez so yes this is his art im only putting it all together.

Anyone have a good flux capacitor?

Like his namesake he is meant to change the gameplay by being able to control the battlefield with his power.

Warframe: Canis

1st power [GRAVITY WELL]

(Maybe switched to 3rd power)

Alien sounding metallic whirr that causes his armor to activate its gravity drive.

increases the weight and mass of the frame

Grants team a small melee dmg buff at cost of speed makes all enemies aim for the user. The team only gets a 10% melee buff but Canis gains a small damage buff and is the only one to be given a small reduction to attack rate.

Now the other effect of this is that it changes the properties of his other abilities like his melee animation.

Changes the style and effect of other powers. Its main effect is that it increases the gravity around the frame causing all enemies to suffer knock down damage when the fall or fall to the ground this also includes ancients since they can be knocked down to the ground.

2nd power

[umbra Howl]

Snare Target(s)

Snares the target with a wave of intense gravity forcing all enemies to kneel receives added damage from charge melee or falls to ground. With Gravity well active, all enemies caught in each others shockwave are blasted away from the tenno and suffer from each others knock down shockwaves

3rd power

[Pressure]

High damage single strike

75 degree A.O.E.

Canis creates a gravitational rift so enemies to the sides get sucked in but after strike they are blown away from the frame. Basically using high gravitational density and then releasing it in a blast. If Gravity Well is in effect the blast is slightly larger and he can fire the ability at a faster rate at 75 ability cost. The attack itself is directional and its direction will either be done the directional movement or camera angle but i think using the directional will feel more comforting to a console controller.

If Gravity well is active, Canis will raise both his hands forward with two high density fields being created and when activated again all enemies are sucked in then forcefully blasted away forward but any enemies in front of him get torn to shreds by the magnetic storm unleashed but the two gravitational pulls repelling one another.

Think of two magnetic hurricanes mixing and blasting their way forward tearing anything apart that is between the two of them.

4th Power

[Joust Rush]

Tenno rushes forward & impale enemies in his way then slashes them off and knocks them away dealing high damage and clearing his path.

Slightly faster yet heavier sprint and perfect for clearing infested surrounding your team and dispatching runners before they activate alarm. (silent ability unless warcry is active)

Now the 4th is meant to be the last as it greatly benefits from the Gravity Well ability. As it is being used along warcry, Canis unleashes Shockwaves with each step causing the enemies to be knocked over and the ones impales into his arms take numerous hits from these waves thus clearing the room and controlling the battlefield.

This skillset to show that this frame can be both stealthy and powerful but you have the choice to do both.

As well as giving the player a different feel to melee combat as well. (especially if katars and halberds get added)

Please let me know what all of you think.

Edited by Vilanova

1.) Is this a team buff or just for the user? It says "team melee damage buff" and "makes all enemies aim for the user (singular)". If it is a team buff, what difference does it make if enemies change targets? 

3.) 75 degrees is rather underwhelming. Unless this produces some kind of wave effect like Ice Wave, it seems more effective to just use melee charge attacks.

4.) Seems like this should be the first ability in line with Slash Dash and Rhino Charge.

1.) Is this a team buff or just for the user? It says "team melee damage buff" and "makes all enemies aim for the user (singular)". If it is a team buff, what difference does it make if enemies change targets? 

3.) 75 degrees is rather underwhelming. Unless this produces some kind of wave effect like Ice Wave, it seems more effective to just use melee charge attacks.

4.) Seems like this should be the first ability in line with Slash Dash and Rhino Charge.

Im glad you asked this!

1.)  The team only gets a 10% melee buff but Canis Geins a 45% damage buff and is the only one to be given a small reduction to attack rate.

Now the other effect of this is that it changes the properties of his other abilities like his melee animation.

3.) It has a gravitational rift so enemies to the sides get sucked in but after strike they are blown away from the frame. Basically using high gravitational density and then releasing it in a blast. If warcry is in effect the blast is slightly larger and he can fire the ability at a faster rate at 75 ability cost.

The attack itself is directional and its direction will either be done the directional movement or camera angle but i think using the directional will feel more comforting to a console controler.

4.) maybe it should be 3 should be. hmm... now the 4th is ment to be the last as it greatly benefits from the warcry ability. As it is being used along warcry, Canis unleashes Shockwaves with each step causing the enemies to be knocked over and the ones impales into his arms take numerous hits from these waves thus clearing the room and controlling the battlefield.

I designed this skillset to show that this frame can be both stealthy and powerful but you have the choice to do both.

What do you think?

That makes more sense. If 4 is a wide area slash dash type ability, i can see it being effective. 

If I'm reading this correctly, 3 is something like Mag's Pull (pre 9.8), but throws enemies outwards at the end? It could be fun to use, but may be lacking in control like post 9.8 Pull depending on how far the throw is.

I like the idea of synergistic abilities. If nothing else, it would encourage players to equip more than 1-2 skill mods.

Edited by Karma_Ghost

That makes more sense. If 4 is a wide area slash dash type ability, i can see it being effective. 

If I'm reading this correctly, 3 is something like Mag's Pull (pre 9.8), but throws enemies outwards at the end? It could be fun to use, but may be lacking in control like post 9.8 Pull depending on how far the throw is.

I like the idea of synergistic abilities. If nothing else, it would encourage players to equip more than 1-2 skill mods.

Exactly my point!

now the range would have to be far for the grazity pulse aka power infused strike.

I want to blow them away but the enemies in the middle get the worst of it.

I want a frame that makes use of all their skills as a standard not a loud gun totting soldier but one of skill.

feel free to let others know of him!

• 10 months later...

_____BIG UPDATE TO CANIS_______

a lot of his powers have been updated yet need further changes but for now tell me what you think of the gravity frames capabilities.
His concept art is being worked on as you read so the images shall be posted when done.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/104273-canis-or-rook-gravity-basedbattlefield-tactician/?hl=canis