Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Sentinel Unique Precepts?

DarknightK

As of now, Sentinels only have ONE unique precept, the other is giving it the ability to attack enemies, which should be scrapped and added as a default mechanism.

Shade has the unique ability Revenge, only allowing it to attack when it's master has been attacked. THIS IS GOOD.

Dethcube, Wyrm, Carrier, and Djinn have offensive precepts that allow them to attack. THIS ISN'T GOOD :C

So here's my Sentinel revamp proposal: Sentinel Mods should be separated into three categories;

Sentinel Specific Precepts: Sentinels should come with FOUR unique precepts. Players may choose to slap on all four like their Warframes, or may choose to opt some out in favor for the Nonspecific precepts.

Sentinel Nonspecific Precepts: Guardian, Regen, and other mods that are integrated into Sentinel AI calculation. For example: Lets say there was a mod that would at times allow a Sentinel to shoot a missile. The placing of this mod into the precept slots will determine how frequently it is used.

Sentinel Attribute Mods: Redirection, Steel Fiber, Vitality, Sanctuary, these should be kept as is, and other mods that add certain functionality such as the new mods such as Self Destruct, Fired Up, and so on.

EDIT: After looking over Lumireaver's post about Sentinel firing precepts, something didn't seem entirely right.

His topics suggested mechanics that were directly implanted into the AI of the Sentinels, while my Nonspecific Precepts are meant of a more "add-a-special-ability-that's-shared-among-other-sentinels." I have a feeling that if people tried using these (Lumireaver's) precepts, they'd get angry at how limited their options were. So in conclusion, I've drawn up a way to fit mine and his ideas together like a jigsaw!

Sentinel Aura's:  These work akin to the Warframe version's of Auras, except that they are primarily focused on Sentinel Behavior. What I mean is that these Auras will dictate how Sentinels pick out what to use their abilities on.

Example: The Sentinel Aura "Hunter" will cause the Sentinel to attack enemies that are of a lower level first before moving onto higher level enemies.

This way, the player will have full control over Sentinel AI and Behavior.

Sentinel Specific Precept Ideas:

Wyrm

-Crowd Dispersion

-Negative Space: Depressurizes the space around its Master in a X meter radius, causing enemies that enter to start losing health

-Ion Shot: Fires a superheated ray of ions at a certain enemy, that enemy will radiate particles that lower the armor of surrounding units by X%

Shade

-Ghost

-Revenge

-Occlusion: Lowers ambient sound when player is crouched, and increases gunfire, enemy audio, and enemy footsteps (and creates a white indicator (sort of like being hit) towards that source)

-Distract: Shade produces a hologram of a radiant orb X meters away when enemies get too close to the user if they are still hidden. Enemies will check out the disturbance. Disappears after Y seconds, or if Shade's line of sight to the hologram is blocked.

Dethcube:

-Vaporize

-Minelayer: Dethcube will occasionally shoot 6-10 plasma mines around its master. Enemies who step on the mines are dealt high explosive damage

-Predator: Dethcube launches X homing missiles to X different targets. Number of missiles is increased as mod is levelled.

-Merciless: Dethcube has a chance to instantly disintegrate enemies who are stunned or knocked down.

Carrier:

-Vacuum: Exactly what it says on the tin

-Recycle: Any unused items will be used for carrier

-Bullet Feed: Absorbs incoming bullets to a certain threshold, and adds the damage of these bullets to carrier's next shots.

-Power Fan: Forcefully exerts a blast of wind periodically at enemies, ragdolling them forwards.

Djinn:

Mirage: Djinn shuts down all alarms and pacify enemies after player is hidden

Mesmerize: Radiates a bright light that paralyzes enemies

Jinx: Djinn jams enemy guns in a certain radius, causes weapons to backfire and damage enemies

Miracle: Djinn sacrifices himself to revive master, cannot be counteracted by Regen and only works once per game.

Entangle: Djinn diffuses an incense that lowers enemy accuracy and increases their stagger properties.

Edited by DarknightK

• 3 weeks later...