Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1000+ Conclaves Later.

Rompido

my thoughts and my opinion.
( to show you I have played a few games I'll post my screen shot )

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a121/Kodiak24/46f3a596-2626-40f9-9f45-33a18c8b6f45.jpg
46f3a596-2626-40f9-9f45-33a18c8b6f45.jpg

There are lots and lots of "cheesy" ways for players to kill other players.

Mag's pull
Ignis
Acrid
Snow globe camping on top of the energy orb
recently nerf'ed Nova MP
Snipertron
Rhino Iron skin
Trin's link + ogris shotting at wall 1 foot away
Sent's killing for you in 1 shot

list goes on and on and on, this is the crying I personally have heard about in game chat during conclaves. Players crying and moaning about this or that. I'm sorry to say but we have to remember this game is mainly PvE and does not center around PvP. this is how it is. deal with it. If you want to beat someone constantly beats you.....

then try any of the HUGE list of supposedly OP things other frames or weapons can do.

Am I good? heck no! but I've seen enough games where what one person claims is OP and unstoppable is repeatedly smashed by something else that is also considered OP. almost feels like Rock Paper Scissors in all honestly. like a player with maxed rank and mods Orthos crying that he can't kill someone with an Ignis. you aren't going to. Orthos is paper where Ignis is scissors. Ignis crying about Ogris is like scissors crying about rock.

examples to win:

Ignis.
yes its a monster. but it doesn't have the range of other weapons. use that to your advantage! stop trying to rush in and get the energy orb. Ignis is just going to spray and pray and your dead! go long range!

Acrid.
another weapon that is better close range. can't beat it? go long range!

Mag's pull?
Beat him to the Orb! use Zoren flying and have a Carrier to pick it up for you before he gets to orb!

Iron skin?
same as mag pull. you know all he is going to do is rush in as fast as possible to get the orb use Iron skin and then try and kill you. use that to your advantage. its predictable movement! set up for a snipe shot!

List goes on.

If all else fails, as I said before just try any of the vast list of things that are supposedly "OP"

Someone is really good at picking you off from long range? ..... well that is not OP that is just really good set up on his / her part In MY opinion. but to beat that is to move quickly from cover to cover. that all you can do.

Lastly. your profanity and name calling is just uncalled for. grow up and Learn to play. there are many ways around all the supposedly "OP" things in Conclaves. the only one that there is no work around is a glitch to do with wall sliding. I'm not going to even elaborate on that because i don't' want more players doing it then there already is.

oh and remember. its a game. try and have fun. if you don't have fun doing it why do it? go do missions or something.

_____Edit____

10/26/2012

Made a clip in hopes to capture some "op" things. Only things i got a chance to record was bladestorm and Iron skin. there was a Torrid and Orthos (not really "op" imo) and towards the middle a really deadly Sayrn using Stagger / knockdown on his weapons.(that is something i've seen players complain about) Sadly I did have to go after I won both matches. It would have been nice to capture more footage with him there.
http://youtu.be/u_qgeOrpC-A

Edited by Rompido

bladestorm

beat him to the blue orb. use Zoren's to fly there and Carrier to pick up orb before he does.

If ash has those on him.

next 3 options

A) Snipe him. because you already know he is going for orb. predictable pattern.

B) get Ignis, as your running up. start spraying. you'll get him.

C) get up there. and as you turn ground slam with Hate or Galathine. for AOE knockdown. and kill him while he is down.

The strun wraith is a bit OP in close range battles in my opinion so that with a modded ash (Health and sheild mods plus some speed mods) would be hard to take down in close range and due to his quickness would be hard to snipe

Also your forgetting that the snipe tactic works best with Snipertron/Snipertron vandal so all players who started playing from the 8th of july onwards will have to use the Lanka or Vulka

The vulkar is the worst sniper in the game and in my opinion pointless

And the Lanka costs a ridiculous amount of resources. Wasting a forma, 20 gallum and 50 feldiron samples on it is not the best move.

So the best bet is to hopefully get dread and max out that Eagle eye. Good luck new players! i will smile at you with the sniperton vandal

Edited by Lord_zasca

The strun wraith is a bit OP in close range battles in my opinion so that with a modded ash (Health and sheild mods plus some speed mods) would be hard to take down in close range and due to his quickness would be hard to snipe

Also your forgetting that the snipe tactic works best with Snipertron/Snipertron vandal so all players who started playing from the 8th of july onwards will have to use the Lanka or Vulka

The vulkar is the worst sniper in the game and in my opinion pointless

And the Lanka costs a ridiculous amount of resources. Wasting a forma, 20 gallum and 50 feldiron samples on it is not the best move.

So the best bet is to hopefully get dread and max out that Eagle eye. Good luck new players! i will smile at you with the sniperton vandal

doesn't have to be a weapon like snipertron vandal / Lanka etc. just any weapon with good acc at long range.

as an example a Latron Prime can still take my rhino with 1170shield / 770 hp from a long way away while playing on pluto ( 1000-1500 ) ask Ajkrumen. I conclave with him a lot in private matches.  if that weapon can take out a 1440 conclave rated rhino with that HP / Shield and not to mention steel fiber out. it can take out an ash.\

and everyone stops moving at one point.

Edited by Rompido

what you have said is extremely true, but for a PVE focus game people should stop complaining about PVP, i am on that likes to do conclave with the worst S#&$ i have and just play around cause people get pissed if u kill them with a lvl 7 vasto when they are rocking iron skin and soma, and that's what i get my joy out of, just plain old having fun, for me my load out going into a conclaves is;

Saryn with venom equipped- just incase there is a frost camping at energy with snowglobe, spam a couple of venom and them and tada its a dead frost camping in a snow-globe.

Ogris- for those pescy rhino's and people with snipetron vandals

vipers- a quick GTFO close range weapon, fks up people with shotguns before they can pull the trigger.

Dual ethers- speed/mobility and a good weapon to have

there is always one thing or another that will tick you off for me its the snipetron vandals which i just ether copter around so they cant get me and manage to sneak up on them and pellet them with vipers.

but in all if you cant handle the unfairness of the conclaves then dont play, its not like DE is gonna completely change there game just to fix conclaves, you asked for pvp u got pvp deal with it, it should be strictly friend based and just to have fun, not to show people ' ow look im so good none of u can beat me' cause trust me there will be someone that will be willing to fk you up  any day

Th-THANK YOU. Also, you're amazing. Quit being modest. Also, I have a fully-furied Zoren-copter now. :D

Awesome! I was using them like CRAZY today. even recorded some footage to post up later. ( its uploading now ) I think I might be done with my ground slams.

will post link later tomorrow

Edited by Rompido

Got it uploaded. took 45mins so just went to bed.

during the recordings only "op" things I went up against was bladestorm and Iron skin. there was a Torrid and Orthos, and towards the middle a really deadly Sayrn using Stagger / knockdown on his weapons. Sadly I did have to go after I won both matches. It would have been nice to capture more footage with him there.

Please use Highest Resolution

Edited by Rompido

Yeah, people always complain when I bring in my normal Strun. Of course, the way it's specced does a bunch of elemental and physical damage, with super fast Shotgun Spazz firing and fast reload. Enemy down in 2-3 shots, unless it's an Iron Skinner. Can't wait to try out the Wraith, since it already fires and reloads faster, so I can devote my mod slots to other things.

Edited by SFkenny

Yeah, people always complain when I bring in my normal Strun. Of course, the way it's specced does a bunch of elemental and physical damage, with super fast Shotgun Spazz firing and fast reload. Enemy down in 2-3 shots, unless it's an Iron Skinner. Can't wait to try out the Wraith, since it already fires and reloads faster, so I can devote my mod slots to other things.

People ask me to leave when i bring strun wraith

+1

The notion that you can just bring w/e to a conclave and be able to compete at any level is just absurd. It's just like every other game ever made, gear and well thought out choices are needed to compete with people that are grinding out what is necessary and using the most powerful weapons, which you'd find a good list of in this thread and from anybody that has played in a conclave. PvP balance is the last priority in this game; they way you counter unfair things is with other unfair things. When everyone uses unfair things... well it's sort of fair. It may not be the ideal standard but that's the only way we're going to be on an equal playing field. If you're not up for that you can play lower conclave brackets, but even there some things will be the best.

Got it uploaded. took 45mins so just went to bed.

during the recordings only "op" things I went up against was bladestorm and Iron skin. there was a Torrid and Orthos, and towards the middle a really deadly Sayrn using Stagger / knockdown on his weapons. Sadly I did have to go after I won both matches. It would have been nice to capture more footage with him there.

Please use Highest Resolution

i was suprised how similar our play stiles our