Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

End Of Mission Non-Continuance - Screen Goes Black - Ui Operable

Krokar

EDIT Sunday 11-03-2013:: At Bottom I added Frap Video from a Recent Alert with information on the bug...

The title pretty much says it but here's the deal::

At the very end of several missions now, myself and another person(who was constantly the host when this happened),

would experience two very different but similar things individually.  I can not speak for the host except for what I was hearing from him during this:

1. After the end of a missions, we all would fly off and then immediately, for me, the screen would go completely black, only showing my FRAPS FPS counter in the corner...

2. All UI functions were still operable as shown below in the screenshots.

3. The mission would not continue to the Reward and Results screen.

4. The Session was not exitable AND the Game could not be Exited.

5. The host could continue on only if I used Task Manager to kill the Process.  He said each time he would die when the black screen kicked in and could continue once I killed the process.

Here are some Screenshots from FRAPS::

UI - Abort Mission:

UI-AbortMissionConfirmation.jpg

UI - Abort Mission Negated:

UI-AbortMissionNegated.jpg

UI - Black Screen:

UI-BlackScreenPlayerList.jpg

UI - Settings:

UI-Settings.jpg

UI - Gear:

UI-Gear.jpg

UI - Escape Menu:

UI-BlackScreenUIEscMenu.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:  The Alert on Candiru, Eris gave an end of mission Black Screen of Death bug, but this time it was different:

WarframeAlerts@WarframeAlerts27m

Candiru (Eris): Weapons Testing Facility Discovered - 39m - 2400cr - Speed Holster (Aura)

--Bug: It changed somewhat for the first time after experiencing it about 25+ times now...

After we launched into space on our escape pods, the screen went blank, and about 5seconds later I heard gunfire. I could still shoot and use abilities, but the screen was still blank and black.  All UI function was there, but you can clearly hear the Corpus guns firing at us and you can hear me using Frost's Globe.  I died immediately as Host right as the screen went black.

Frap Movie with gunfire audio:

th_Candiru_Eris__Massive_Fail_Black_Scre

Edited by Krokar

I also just experienced this. Took a long time to see anything, though. I stared at the black screen for a couple of minutes, Alt+tabbed to the forums to see if anybody else experienced it, came back and my mouse was controlling a purple box. Then the dimmed screen came back and told me I lost connection to the host (even though the mission was over and I was at the rewards/experience screen) and lost everything (including the alert reward). Fun!

I got this when co-op current operation event 2 times straight. During extraction the ship takes off and screen fade to black but cilent didn't return to lobby, as is still possible to hear weapon fires and footsteps from my frame and other players, a min later the black screen gone and back to the game visual where as i'm at the extraction spot, but the extraction ship has left.

Other player experience the same problem but we're not able to see each other, progress however seem to be saved. This problem lead me to solo the entire event, yet is not completely without problem. Game frozen dead once during gameplay and 2 random crash during extraction in exact 200 runs.

I've had this happen to me quite a few times now, normally the screen just goes black and I can still bring up the escape menu and everything then usually I get the indicator that I have died and gives me the option to revive or forfeit, neither of which seem to do anything or even use up one of my revives for that matter and the only way to exit is if the host disconnects.

This is occurring for me just about every mission played 'Online'.

I was testing with a friend and when I host, he could not shoot ogris, see infested at all. When he hosted I could not see infested or shoot them, but my rhino stomp still kills them.

Doors won't open when played "Online" after a minute into the game. If they come back and open the door or enemy opens the door, I could walk through to the next door only to be stuck there again. It's like I am playing a blind tenno that needs assistant crossing the street.

Did speed test and got over 60/Mbs down, 10Mb/s up, so unless it is a port forwarding issue during P2P, I can't figure out what else there is. This did not happen until the latest patch last night.

It's happening almost every game (not the gradivus event missions though, but all the others did) for me since a fair amount of patches (sure from 10.4, maybe before). It's annoying. I cannot exit the game or anything else, I have to wait for the results to come up (when the game decides to meke me see those results, more than 60 seconds in waiting).

I've been having this problem since yesterday, most of the time right after an extermination mission where everyone got stuck(We were in Phobos at that time farming some items). Weird thing is we can still chat and use some of the UI but we can't get out. I did try a loophole in which I was able to join in to another game with one of my contacts in game but that only happened when we failed the mission that got us stuck in black screen.

Same here. Nearly unplayable extreme-lag-like symptoms, black screen about 50-75% of the time. Host dies post-extraction -- that is, party menu shows them with 0 HP, they get the heartbeat sound effect and revive/forfeit prompt. Occasionally some party members can get out with rewards, but only after one or two players besides the host disconnect (in my experience).

I got this when co-op current operation event 2 times straight. During extraction the ship takes off and screen fade to black but cilent didn't return to lobby, as is still possible to hear weapon fires and footsteps from my frame and other players..

Im having the exact same thing happen to me on almost every mission. For me a mission starts out fine. Then I begin to lag and cannot pick up any items and from there I'm unable to fight anything as the lag gets so bad. I really hope theres a fix in the works for this as Warframe was running perfectly before this weeks update was released.

This is unplayable. I am going to take a break from warframe until this is sorted.

I have to agree, as this is close to gamebreaking. Not knowing whether your last 20-30 minute survival run will bug out upon completion, black screen everyone, and effectively delete everything you just spent said time attaining is so severe an error it's almost embarassing for a game of this standard.

This really needs to be at the top of the "must fix" list if it isn't already.

Well I'm going to start another thread like this one just for the random Crash To DeskTop(DT) issues as well.

Are alot of you experiencing that issue too? 

The game starts to stutter for about a second or two, OR it just freezes for a few seconds and then bam, crash to DT, with the crash bug reporter opening.