Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember - Suggestions

Artoah

Hi guys,

Ember is my favourite warframe, but currently it just doesn't make sense not to play Nova for higher levelled things.

Put some suggestions here, if you'd like? I feel that with the scaling of some of the weapons these days (Soma etc), warframes like Ember suffer from the damage feeling lackluster, the decent aoe damage gets you killed half the time anyway :D

Fireball - AOE explosion, blast damage, low/no burn

Overheat - Damage reduction, speed increase with burning trail doing light fire damage?

Fireblast - I love this skill as is, rename to inferno and make a new fire animation (I still wanna punch the ground :D)

World on Fire - I'd say if you remove the aoe damage from Overheat, this would be decent as is, with maybe a tweak to animation. Loads more ideas for this, such as unequipping weapons and letting you free-cast fireball a lot :D But a simple tweak of Overheat will set it far enough apart.

Anyone else have any ideas or suggestions?

one thing i'd love to see changed in ember is that the fire blast is full aoe.. not just a ring of fire (insert random johnny cash pun)

i.e. fire blast creates an aoe, then a ring of fire, which is the only damage. IMO it should be an entire area of damage, not just the ring

"open paint - click bucket - fill with fire"

edit for typos :P

Edited by ALL.CAPS.GUY

I feel like Overheat would be better if it had a damage limit like Rhino's iron skin while reducing like 50% of damage and when the damage limit was reached, it would explode and do damage to the surrounding enemies. 

I like this idea. Anything, I know there are discussions about it being too similar to World on Fire.

ok. bye.

Thanks for the selective quoting and passive-aggressive response. But in a team of 4, where we are usually (not due to min-max or meta) frost prime, loki, vauban and me... it is either play as Ember and watch my abilities becomes useless as the waves/minutes roll on or play as Nova and glide through on a cloud with reclining seats.

Ember is getting tweaked, Scott confirmed this. Someone made a thread asking if she would be "ready" to be a Prime, and he said this

Thanks for the link dude!

Fireball could be made into one of two options.

Crowd control fireball. Projectile that causes ogris-type explosion at target location which sends enemies flying. Small impact damage.

DoT fireball. Fast projectile at target location, fire splash damage upon impac r and causes fire DoT on those splashed. Multiple fireballs can be used for stackable DoT.

I have no idea for overheat, but fireblast could have an initial vortex "suck" that drags nearby enemies across the flame I guess.

WoF will probably be fine and borderline OP when armour is fixed.