Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extreme Lag, Stuttering, And Freezing

luanle21

just did a few mission and i kept on geting strange lag which i usually dont get and the game stutter alot as well as freezes

i just tryed hosting a mission to farm a bit of ferrite with my friend kubbi (we rarely to never have lag or problem) and i was hosting

used banshee sound quake and killed 10~ grineer everything frozed, and no one was moving follow by lag and stutter and i was the host

Edit: send a support ticket to ask for this to get fix the more the better so they can put this top of their To-Do-List in the morning

Partially fixed said one of the replyer after 10.6.2,. 

if u still experience this keep posting and send support ticket with more info on what happen

EDIT (MAJOR should havent put this in on day 1):

i already sent DE rebecca a pm about this issue with the link so from the latest hotfix its would seem my method is working with support tickets and yes i was kinda spamming a few thread with this link

Please make a thank you message later once all this lag bug crap is done when its all been fix to show your patience in their working (sry im bad at wording things)

And i "may" be making a post for the message and put the link up here so u guys can reply a thank you so ill send it to Rebecca/Megan to see and show the guys at support!!

ps. Thank DE for the speedy fixing we all love you

Edited by luanle21

Yeah we usually never lag when we play toghether. Today the problems started. It appears that you can play normally but everyone around you freezes and in the end you  disconnect from each other. Sometimes it doesnt happen sometimes it does. Its weird

Yeah we usually never lag when we play toghether. Today the problems started. It appears that you can play normally but everyone around you freezes and in the end you  disconnect from each other. Sometimes it doesnt happen sometimes it does. Its weird

thx god we got steam to talk and make these thing easier for us XD

I use team speak to talk to my friends whilst I play games with them and today 2 of us entered warframe, my friend was hosting ie he chose the map and I joined his session.

He was having to kill all the enemy in the entire map as all I could see was his warframe turning around and firing, then loot dropped to the ground.

He was telling me there were enemies there to be killed but as far as my cient could see the corridors were empty.

It looked like a most extreme case of lag.

I know the game supports 'host migration' I think the client should check for packet loss/bandwidth if this is happening and move to a player with a better connection so it is more stable/ playable for all.

Agree guys today has been really bad lag for me to, almost every match i enter or host never been this bad for me, thought i might of caught a virus or something but no matter what i do its horriable today.

like i say send a support ticket as 

also if anyone u know having trouble makesure to tell them to reply on here and give me a +1 so they can get this fix asap

Same problem for me and my guildmates.  the game is currently near uplayable because of this lag issue. Personally I am wondering if it is all the lights changing levels around the map. 

Additional note, the new fog addition... sucks. 

Edited by Tuscarora

huge issues with me too..
- host says I'm not moving but I am running around and can see enemies.
- cannot damage enemies
- cannot change weapons sometimes
- cannot open doors
- cannot pick up items
- etc
- black screen once game finishes when host or others extract

Edited by iUDEXnCr

>

>

> huge issues with me too..

> - host says I'm not moving but I am running around and can see enemies.

> - cannot damage enemies

> - cannot change weapons sometimes

> - cannot open doors

> - cannot pick up items

> - etc

>

> - black screen once game finishes when host or others extract

>

>

>

I want to add my "me too" to this thread. It seems to be connected with the host somehow though the host can have or show no symptoms.  This is because after the host player has dropped out all was well again after migration. During one incident with a host when I was inflicted , I restarted my whole computer and went back to the same host and had the very same problem.  This is happening randomly with people I know and play with on a regular basis. It doesn't appear to be related to any outside source or hardware such as a low b/w connection or under powered graphics card.

It definitely needs to be on the priority 1 get fixed listing.

Edited by X-Sarge

huge issues with me too..

- host says I'm not moving but I am running around and can see enemies.

- cannot damage enemies

- cannot change weapons sometimes

- cannot open doors

- cannot pick up items

- etc

- black screen once game finishes when host or others extract

I'm experiencing the same issues on 98% of the missions I've run since the latest patch.

I thought I was the only one!!! 

Thank god its game related. I was thinking my housemates are downloading some huge stuff for the past few days.

DE please please fix this, I can barely play unless its solo now :(

It actually started halfway through the gravidius event.

The multiplayer option in this game is broken. Host/client sync is non-existent. If my connection fails for just a split of a second, the rest of the session/game is unplayable. I cannot pick up stuff, corridors seems empty when in reality they are full of mobs. I can take damage, but i cannot register that i am hurting anything. 

I have not been able to complete a single multiplayer mission in the last couple of days, its impossible. I've even been desperate and tried tweaking graphic settings, and even that hyperthread option, this has of course not yielded in any positive result as it's clearly a network issue.

The worst thing about this is that the developers are not responding. Are they working on a fix? Have they recognized the problem? Have they even read our posts? Who knows...

I am fully aware that this is a game in beta, and I have supported this game no matter the issues. But when the DEs refuse to answer I get frustrated, as many others.

TL;DR: Game is broken, I am sad.

Ditto!

Changing display settings does nothing.

Reinstalling the game(from steam to stand-alone) does nothing.

Changing from 64 to 32 and back does nothing.

Hosting or not the problem persists.

For me this started during the Gradivus Dilemma week and has been getting worse.

Game is becoming unplayable.  

Edit: I do not know if it is relevant but there was a GeForce driver update 10/28/2013.  Fits with the time frame where it started to get really bad for me.

Edited by Glottiss

Ditto!

Changing display settings does nothing.

Reinstalling the game(from steam to stand-alone) does nothing.

Changing from 64 to 32 and back does nothing.

Hosting or not the problem persists.

For me this started during the Gradivus Dilemma week and has been getting worse.

Game is becoming unplayable.  

Edit: I do not know if it is relevant but there was a GeForce driver update 10/28/2013.  Fits with the time frame where it started to get really bad for me.

hi, im having this since this event too, cant join any group, and if join, in less than 30 secs "connection with host get lost", i cant play with my clanmates, or anybody else, i also try changing ports , but not work, it work in  a way (i can join some groups, but happens that i cant pick up items, ans doesnt damages enemies, etc) i really hope this get fixed soon

Edited by empkin

I thought i was the only one with this issue. Sometimes when I host, the screen freezes then one of two things happen:

1) Everyone disconnects 

2) Everyone starts running in place, extraction becomes a black screen.

Maybe it's just my router or something but I've never had problems with it until now and it doesn't seem to be disconnecting or anything.

Until about three days ago, my experience with lag was generally limited to middle of the day and early evening. For the most part it could be blamed on my rather slow internet speed and the few obvious reasons why I would lag need not be stated. Three days ago a lag from oblivion began on my connection that far surpassed anything  I had dealt with before. I'm not talking about two or three second lag, but rather an entire lag shutdown in game. It starts anywhere between the moment the match begins, and fifteen minutes after. Once it starts there is simply nothing I can do but run around aimlessly, unable to participate in the match at all. I cannot pick up drops, and while I can see myself attacking, I'm not actually doing anything. I can't go through doors, or interact with the environment at all.

This is much worse than anything I've experienced before, with about a 80/20 chance of lagging, versus being able to play. The only thing that is not affected at all, is solo play, which I've started doing on a regular basis, otherwise I can't play at all. From what I have gathered from the various sources around the web, this problem is affecting many players after the last event within Warframe, even players with connections fifty times greater than mine, with no explanation. In reality I don't expect a response much less a fix, but I was hoping someone could tell me something new to try, else I will have to stop trying to play the game altogether.

Thanks in advance