Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blocking Animation Improvement Suggestion.

Xriborg

For the less informed, yes, you can actually block in this game. Not too many people bother since it's effectiveness is minimal at best, but it's there. I know it's not high on the priority list right now, but I think blocking could look much cooler with not too much effort.

Now, I love the idea of us space ninjas using our hyper reflexes to block bullets. It's cool, and it's appealing. However, the current blocking animation looks kind of silly.

As it stands now, when you hold the block button, the first bullet that you block triggers this slow flourish animation where you swing your weapon around. Unfortunately, it's just too smooth to create the illusion that your blocking bullets. I think a better approach would be having EACH bullet blocked trigger it's own lightning fast blocking animation. Give each weapon 6 or so quick poses to jump to (you could probably take half of them from the current animation set) and have a random pose trigger for each bullet blocked.

Even though blocking in it's current form isn't terribly effective, I'd use it constantly if it looked cool.

Go for it! Props for your valliant effort to organize community feedback.

it started as a collection of my own ideas but now I think it's nice to have all community animation suggestions in one place, since Geoff did notice it a couple of times I think. I still post them only if I personally think it's worth mentioning. 

HAH! minimal efectiveness, nice one, seems you havent fought campers in 500-1000 conclave with the blocking mod yet

Actually, no I haven't. I played 50 or so matches of conclave when they first released it, but beyond that haven't bothered much. It's neat that it's there, but there are other games with a better PvP experience, simply because that's their focus.

Usefulness in conclave seems like a nitch. Don't take me wrong. That's cool that it works. But I would like to see it involved more in the main game though.

Could actually work quite well. Random loop between (Example) 10 stances, every time a bullet is blocked, the stance changes instantly, but each one has a looping idle action so if no bullets are blocked there is still some natural movement. If a lot of bullets are blocked you'll get that "DragonBall Z fistfight speed" look.