Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Nerf Solution.

Mr.Felyne

Problems I think Nova has :

Melecular prime explode damage is low to kill to kill high lvl mobs, but too high to kill low lvl mobs, which overkill everything when goes to low-mid lvl zone, Especially with range and strength mods.

Melecular prime Solution : Remove Melecular explode damage or, debuffs goes spread after each kill instead of explode, or some way to make it low damage on low lvls and decent damage against high lvls.

Or make it deal dot damage so it can't insta kill every low mobs, Same damage and no complain about insta mob cleans, It will prevent chain explosion.

Anti matter deal too high damage. 4X of everything it took and withen 35meter, bigger than rhino ult but with AT LEAST 5000 damage.

Anti matter solution : Add a cap like 5000 and Power strength mod increase cap. So you can't deal ridiculous damage like 40000 ~ 120000 to one shot +50 lvl mobs,

Or shorten Aoe like 5 meter, Or far from center take reduced damage, or both.

Yea. Hate to break it to you bro, but.
there wont be any nova nerf anytime soon.
and if there is
It's nothing near what you're asking.

they MIGHT make the blast radius bigger of Anti mater, and decrease the damage to 300%, rather then 400%

but they wont touch M.prime

Edit:
If they do change Mprime, nova will become useless
her 800 explosion damage 50% movement speed reduction, with 200% damage increase, makes her extremely helpful in any "cell"
take away that, and shes useless.
not even M.Prime would make up for it, and wormhole is just a fun ability. no real viability.

That's like saying, take Frost globe, and take away the bullet protection, and reduce all movent speed by 100%
after all, that's what its usedfor right? Defense missions?
oh, but then no ne would use frost, because he'd be useless.

they nerfed banshees ult into the ground, and she wasn't touched.
same thing, no one will touch nova, and there will be loads more QQ's

Edited by Easymac

Antimatter Drop stores damage that anyone dealt to it. But since it is situational in that, enemies around you can be killed off by your team mates before Antimatter Drop can connect. I don't see a point in nerfing that. 

For Molecular Prime, how over-powered it really is, is subjective. I prefer having a blast with it then having it being nerfed.

and if there is

they MIGHT make the blast radius bigger of Anti mater, and decrease the damage to 300%, rather then 400%

I'm not asking for near or anything but there's might be, DE also buffed ash and loki invis by x6 (50% to 300%) like they were trash frames.

Antimatter Drop stores damage that anyone dealt to it. But since it is situational in that, enemies around you can be killed off by your team mates before Antimatter Drop can connect. I don't see a point in nerfing that. 

For Molecular Prime, how over-powered it really is, is subjective. I prefer having a blast with it then having it being nerfed.

People don't have to attack it I think, If you can put 10k dps per sec, it will translate it into 40k withen 35meter. And power strength doesn't actually scale(it has 200 base damage. -> 229)

Edited by Mr.Felyne

and if there is

Edit:

If they do change Mprime, nova will become useless

her 800 explosion damage 50% movement speed reduction, with 200% damage increase, makes her extremely helpful in any "cell"

take away that, and shes useless.

not even M.Prime would make up for it, and wormhole is just a fun ability. no real viability.

That's like saying, take Frost globe, and take away the bullet protection, and reduce all movent speed by 100%

after all, that's what its usedfor right? Defense missions?

oh, but then no ne would use frost, because he'd be useless.

they nerfed banshees ult into the ground, and she wasn't touched.

same thing, no one will touch nova, and there will be loads more QQ's

Make it dot only will prevent low-mid lvl insta kill issue, make it through 5~10 sec and still same damage(like 90 per sec last 10 sec.).

I'm not asking for near or anything but there's might be, DE also buffed ash and loki invis by x6 (50% to 300%) like they were trash frames.

People don't have to attack it I think, If you can put 10k dps per sec, it will translate it into 40k withen 35meter. And power strength doesn't actually scale(it has 200 base damage. -> 229)

Ash and Loki aren't trash frames, they are great at what they are meant to do.

200 base damage at max rank, that 229 is from the unranked Antimatter Drop mod that has 100 base with Maximised Power Strength. Therefore, 458 base damage with Maximised Power Strength should be the proper number.

Yes, other people don't need to attack the Antimatter Drop ball as it is flying into the enemy. But they (and the enemies) can contribute to the overall damage if they actually attack it.

Ash and Loki aren't trash frames, they are great at what they are meant to do.

200 base damage at max rank, that 229 is from the unranked Antimatter Drop mod that has 100 base with Maximised Power Strength. Therefore, 458 base damage with Maximised Power Strength should be the proper number.

Yes, other people don't need to attack the Antimatter Drop ball as it is flying into the enemy. But they (and the enemies) can contribute to the overall damage if they actually attack it.

"Ash and Loki aren't trash frames, they are great at what they are meant to do."

What I meant is DE gave buff like they were trash frames, x6 damage(50 to 300) = 6 time effective compare to before = HUGE buff.

Creates a volatile orb of antimatter which is steered with the aiming-reticle after being created. This particle absorbs all damage (friendly and hostile) when shot at, and once contacting a solid object it will detonate for 100 / 125 / 150 / 200 base damage + 100% / 200% / 300% / 400% of all absorbed damage with an explosion radius of 5 / 8 / 10 / 15 meters. 

• Maximized Power Strength increases base damage to 229. Has no positive effect on absorbed damage.
    • Increases cost to 77.5 energy

Welp.. I don't know why they did it with unranked.

Edited by Mr.Felyne

I wont say nerf the frame what needs to be done is share the spoils better, people only complain as no one likes to reach the end of a mission and see the nova got 66% of all the kills and damage.

( a lot of people don't know that you share XP as long as you are in range of the nova or whomever)

If you kill a target primed with M-prime you should get half the damage and kills from that explosion chain

If you pour bullets into an anti bomb you should get damage and kills proportionate to your contribution to the explosion.

people would get to the end of the mission and see high numbers, people would all love to run with nova players.

I wont say nerf the frame what needs to be done is share the spoils better, people only complain as no one likes to reach the end of a mission and see the nova got 66% of all the kills and damage.

( a lot of people don't know that you share XP as long as you are in range of the nova or whomever)

If you kill a target primed with M-prime you should get half the damage and kills from that explosion chain

If you pour bullets into an anti bomb you should get damage and kills proportionate to your contribution to the explosion.

people would get to the end of the mission and see high numbers, people would all love to run with nova players.

Make it dot will prevent people whining killing everything, and still same effective against high lvl,

Or make it stacking debuff also do same, like every time detonate dust blow off and reduce speed by 5% and take 15% more(kill 10 mobs and every other mobs affected will freeze due to zero speed. and even unaffected by initial will slowed by 50%) damage.

Antimatter Drop also should damage depend on strength mod like every other frame do, or reduce damage modifier to x1.0 or 1.5 and affected by strength mod 

I think the best solution to the Molecular Prime Problem is for the power to FINALLY be affected by Duration mods. That way people can't just slap on a maxed Fleeting Expertise and cast it for 25 energy all day every day.

Or add cooldown like 20~30 sec, it's supposed to be ultimate.

Edited by Mr.Felyne

IF you are in range, normally the novas up and away so fast your not in range.

Also you get far , far more XP in missions with no Nova. It's only OKish if your trying to rank up a frame, sentinel and all your weapons, melee, primary and secondary...which would be unusual. If your trying to rank a frame or a weapon you are MUCH, MUCH, better off with no Nova in the team.

Edited by DaveC

M.Prime is AMAZING CC with slow AND damage buff (so it scales, unlike 90% of powers in the game)  Why does it have chain explosion on top of that is beyond me.  Nova has Antimatter to deal damage (which scales too!)  Just remove the explosions from the ult, Nova will remain the best frame with great utility and high damage (that would require some skill, no more Noobas)  but will stop ruining the game for everyone else.

What Molecular Prime needs:

- Explosive damage. Lots and lots of it. The ability was designed to wipe out huge crowds of enemies with a single cast. It suits Nova's Glass Cannon role perfectly, and should stay that way.

What Molecular Prime doesn't need:

- Bossing capabilities and party support. Molecular Prime should keep the explosion effectiveness, but lose the slowdown and the x2 Damage (perhaps doubling the explosive damage to compensate). Cannons do not magically slow things down and make them take double damage. Cannons make things explode, which is what M Prime should be doing. Nothing else.