Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Waypoint Not An Option In Controls Settings

(PSN)Budukai_Man

Something a buddy and I noticed while changing button inputs. There is no where to find waypoint in the customize controller section. I had it before to test it and when I put another input in it's place it disappeared. For me it was left on d pad as N/A. Nothing major but handy for helping allies

Edited by (PS4)Budukai_Man

Just curious, is DE considering smaller more frequent patches for things like this or is the plan to still do larger patches farther out?

Yeah, I'm wondering if the bugs introduced by this update are going to be hotfixed, or do we have to wait 6 weeks for the next update for them to be fixed (like U11 to U11.5).

Yeah, I'm wondering if the bugs introduced by this update are going to be hotfixed, or do we have to wait 6 weeks for the next update for them to be fixed (like U11 to U11.5).

Hopefully not 6 weeks. That was mainly caused by it being Christmas time so production was halted for a couple weeks. It would be really nice to see them submit smaller patches to cert on a weekly basis, similar to the current speed of PC updates.

Hopefully not 6 weeks. That was mainly caused by it being Christmas time so production was halted for a couple weeks. It would be really nice to see them submit smaller patches to cert on a weekly basis, similar to the current speed of PC updates.

That was a choice that DE made.  The PC version had hotfixes or updates on the following dates (that fall between the PS4 U11 and PS4 U11.5):

Dec 13th

Dec 19th (Cicero start)

Dec 19th again

Dec 19th again

Dec 20th

Dec 21st

Dec 30th

Jan 2nd

Jan 3rd

Jan 6th

Jan 8th

Jan 10th

Jan 11th

Jan 15th

Jan 15th again

Jan 17th

Jan 22nd

Jan 22nd again

Jan 22nd again

They took a 9 day break over Christmas in updating the PC version, but 6 weeks on the PS4 version.  Now I realize that the PC and PS4 are different versions, with different environments.  But it doesn't appear that DE is trying really all that hard for the PS4 version of the game, considering that U11 for the PS4 (on Dec 12th) introduced the Vauban Vortex crash bug, and it wasn't fixed until Jan 23rd.

If that had happened on the PC version (maybe it did - maybe it didn't - I have no idea), I'm willing to bet it would have been hotfixed either that day or the next.  Just look how they hotfixed the PC Cicero Crisis event twice on the launch day of it.

If this works I'll kiss you. I was getting angry.

It works, I've "tested" multiple times now after forgetfully assigning stuff to d-pad-left. The problem is just that there's no "Create Waypoint" option in the key binding menu. Left on the d-pad says "N/A" by default even though it's assigned to create waypoints behind the scenes. When you add something else to that slot then it assigns "N/A" to the other button that's been switched, therefore removing your ability to create waypoints.

But yeah, just delete the 11mb save file. All of your actual "data" is stored on DE's servers, the save file only contains your controller layout and any changes you made to the settings. Delete the file and re-launch the game to get waypoints back. Just make sure to not touch d-pad-left in the controller bindings if you want to retain waypoint functionality.

It works, I've "tested" multiple times now after forgetfully assigning stuff to d-pad-left. The problem is just that there's no "Create Waypoint" option in the key binding menu. Left on the d-pad says "N/A" by default even though it's assigned to create waypoints behind the scenes. When you add something else to that slot then it assigns "N/A" to the other button that's been switched, therefore removing your ability to create waypoints.

But yeah, just delete the 11mb save file. All of your actual "data" is stored on DE's servers, the save file only contains your controller layout and any changes you made to the settings. Delete the file and re-launch the game to get waypoints back. Just make sure to not touch d-pad-left in the controller bindings if you want to retain waypoint functionality.

Yep. Thanks man.

Just so you know, if you delete the 11mb "save file" on your PS4 you'll get the ability to create waypoints back. Just don't map anything else to left on the D-pad.

Thanks for that info, sorta frustating not to be able to tell pugs there s a jade leaf or fever strike here.

Sorry about that Budukai_Man, I've logged this bug and we'll get a fix for it.

In the mean time, throw down some Fireworks instead, that'll get their attention :)

Thank you for the fast reply too.

• 2 weeks later...