Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Kronos - The Time Manipulator

newnar

Hi everyone,

I have an idea for a disabler/support tank kind of frame that revolves around the concept of time manipulation.

- Lore

It was rumoured that there was an unknown branch of Orokin research that explored the fragile yet frightening power of time manipulation. The result was a warframe that combined massive control of the battlefield with it own unnerving defensive capabilities.

- Description

Kronos is the master over time. Able to cheat death and rip the continuum of his enemies, his stoic presence on the battlefield is mysterious and dangerous.

- Basic Stats
Name: Kronos
Health: 150 (450 at rank 30)
Shields: 90 (270 at rank 30)
Armor: 155
Sprint speed: 0.95
Energy: 100 (150 at rank 30)

- Abilities:

1. Timed Life

Cost: 25 Energy
Type: Targeted
Kronos interferes with the target's future, creating massive time distortions that happen after a certain duration within the target, destroying matter all around it.
- Targeted enemy will gain a speed boost of 20/30/40/50%(fixed) and explode after a short delay of 5/5/4/4 seconds (affected by power duration - lower makes the delay shorter) for 75/150/225/300(affected by power strength) damage in a 5/7/9/11m radius(affected by power range)

2. Overclock
Cost: 50 Energy
Type: Self-centered AoE
Kronos overclocks the time continuum of his allies overclocking them in all aspects, however the burden of carrying out such a complex task on many bodies simultaneously causes him to shed his armour plating temporarily.
- Kronos targets all allies(not just warframes) in a 8/10/12/14 m range(affected by power range), and provides them with a 5/10/15/20%(affected by power strength) increase in holstering speed, reload speed, movement/sprint speed, melee attack speed, main and secondary weapon fire rate and even regen from rejuvenation and/or energy siphon. Bleed and Burn DoT effects are also accelerated as well. Also affects all kind of "over-time" effects such as Oberon's Renewal(it will heal faster but same amount). Effect itself lasts for 7/8/9/10 s(fixed).
- Does not cause things like Trinity's Blessing to "run faster". Only affects statuses that have a discrete effect per second.
- Kronos is reduced to 0 armor as long as one ally has this effect active on him/her.

3. Time Trail
Cost: 75 Energy
Type: Trigger
Kronos enters into a state of temporal transience, gaining speed and freezing in time enemies that are in contact with Kronos. However he loses his own speed as the enemies freeze in time, when he reaches a certain minimum speed Kronos returns to current timespace.
- Kronos turns into a wireframe-esque translucent model that shines brightly with his energy color. When he moves he leaves behind a trail(much like in the new Tron movie). In the Time Trail state he has 0 collision size and moves at 20/25/30/35% faster speed(affected by power strength). He cannot use any weapons in this state but he can continue to use his abilities. Using a weapon cancels this state prematurely.(Like shade's invisibility)
- Time Trail state has no duration limit and Kronos will take normal damage during the entire duration.
- When walking through enemies in Time Trail state, he slows them down(like Rhino's stomp) by 50/60/70/80%(fixed) for 3/4/5/6 seconds(affected by power duration). However, for every enemy slowed down like this, Kronos immediately loses 8/7/6/5% movespeed(affected by power strength - lower makes Kronos lose less speed). When Kronos reaches 50%(fixed) of his movespeed(his movespeed which he entered the game with, meaning counting in all mod effects such as rush), the automatically leaves the state of Time Trail.

4. Rewind
Cost: 100 Energy
Type: Self targeted ground AoE
Kronos alters the time continuum of himself and his allies, allowing them to cheat their deaths while under the effects.
- Kronos puts a buff circle on the ground right beneath himself that lasts 10/12/14/16 s(affected by power duration). During this duration, any allies(including himself) within an AoE of 7/8/9/10 m radius(affected by power range) will be reset to Mission Start State whenever their Health hits 0(bleed out).
- Mission Start State refers to the state of a Warframe at the point of the start of the mission. This means that ammo will be restored, energy will be at start state, buffs/debuffs will be removed, etc. The only things NOT changed are physical location, affinity gained(also ranks gained within that mission up to the point of Rewind's effect) and items looted(up to the point of Rewind's effect).
- Also resets Sentinels to Mission Start State(only if sentinel is alive when ally Tenno is bleeding out)
- Requirement for Rewind to work is that the Warframe MUST be down(aka bleeding out). Thus, when Rewind acts on a warframe, the warframe must still stand up from the ground.

- Causes currently bleeding allies to be revived automatically in the same way.

- Allies MUST be within the AoE to be under its effects.

Please comment and tell me what you think!

Changelog:
8/2/2014 - Made Rewind reset to mission start status instead of just healing. Better described what it affects and what it doesn't.

Edited by newnar

So many cool things you could do with a time frame, have him have a reverse teleport, or turn enemies to dust ect.

Turn em to dust eh?

then i will say: First abillity should be named: Bad Wolf

Anyone get that refrence?

Edited by Sadroth

So many cool things you could do with a time frame, have him have a reverse teleport, or turn enemies to dust ect.

I was thinking of something like the latter for an ultimate/number 4 ability, but then I realized too many frames have the same old same old "Big AoE Damage" concept built into their ultimate, it just seems boring. Maybe we can have Timed Life(1st skill) to turn enemies into viral dust instead? And deal viral damage in an AoE?

Edited by newnar

then i will say: First abillity should be named: Bad Wolf

Anyone get that refrence?

Didn't you say the same thing on my Time frame (Cronos: the timeless)?

As for the post, this looks rad as hell.

Maybe for his 2nd, instead of losing his armor, he could be slowed? As in he sacrifices his own speed to overclock his allies.

Thanks everyone for replying to my idea!

Didn't you say the same thing on my Time frame (Cronos: the timeless)?

As for the post, this looks rad as hell.

Maybe for his 2nd, instead of losing his armor, he could be slowed? As in he sacrifices his own speed to overclock his allies.

If it was a slow players can abuse it by casting Overlock first then Time Trail to counter the Overclock slow. I agree that losing armor is a tad unintuitive to the concept of the skill, maybe I could change it to reducing his power range by a third during this duration? This makes sense because Kronos has to keep his concentration during the Overclocking. I can also try something like reducing all weapon accuracy(heavy caliber but no increase in damage) or reducing all weapon damage(like extinguished key) during the duration.

P.S. Overclock is an incredibly overpowered ability and therefore I have to balance it by giving Kronos a debuff that CANNOT be completely avoided via mods.

Rewind would might be more interesting if Rewind reset ammo as well. Maybe Timed Life can multiply the Power Duration of all abilities if cast on an ally.

I think for Rewind that makes sense. I want the ability to revert the player to whatever state he was right after he/she enters the map. I was thinking about making Rewind instead an instant ability that immediately rewound all players across the map(like Blessing) to whatever they were 5 seconds ago but it seemed too difficult to time properly and execute.

Timed Life's concept is that of a time bomb strapped on a suicide bomber. If cast on allies I think it would make sense if it turned an ally into a walking bomb OR supercharge all of the targeted allies abilities by a ridiculous amount(like 100% increase in every power stat) for a short 5/6/7/8 duration then he dies at the end of it. But in this case it would feel less time-centric and more suicide-centric.

Keep them comments coming people, I appreciate it!

Edited by newnar

I think for Rewind that makes sense. I want the ability to revert the player to whatever state he was right after he/she enters the map. I was thinking about making Rewind instead an instant ability that immediately rewound all players across the map(like Blessing) to whatever they were 5 seconds ago but it seemed too difficult to time properly and execute.

What I eventually did on my Time-based concept was using the power sets a waypoint, then you have x seconds to do whatever you want, then it reverts you back to that waypoint.

What I eventually did on my Time-based concept was using the power sets a waypoint, then you have x seconds to do whatever you want, then it reverts you back to that waypoint.

But that would require the player to actually anticipate his teammates dying and whatnot. How???

But that would require the player to actually anticipate his teammates dying and whatnot. How???

First, to answer your question, combine your first ability, cast on a fellow Tenno, with Cptcuddlybuns' idea. 

Second, there isn't a way to have an extremely accurate direct time-reverse ability w/o significant server lag, so your idea of the AoE or the Cpt's idea would both work rather well comparatively. However, ammo regeneration, as suggested by SyDaemon, makes this ability almost solely useful in defense missions and boss fights, as well as occasional situations in survivals. This ability may be used for an instant revive, but the it's wasted if you don't stay for most, if not all, of its duration. Maybe reduce the range slightly, reduce the healing to a pretty high percentage (~ 80 - 90%) instead of full heal and make it an aura that follows Kronos to solve this? It is still a 4 so maybe not such drastic changes, but that would be about how low I'd go.

First, to answer your question, combine your first ability, cast on a fellow Tenno, with Cptcuddlybuns' idea. 

Second, there isn't a way to have an extremely accurate direct time-reverse ability w/o significant server lag, so your idea of the AoE or the Cpt's idea would both work rather well comparatively. However, ammo regeneration, as suggested by SyDaemon, makes this ability almost solely useful in defense missions and boss fights, as well as occasional situations in survivals. This ability may be used for an instant revive, but the it's wasted if you don't stay for most, if not all, of its duration. Maybe reduce the range slightly, reduce the healing to a pretty high percentage (~ 80 - 90%) instead of full heal and make it an aura that follows Kronos to solve this? It is still a 4 so maybe not such drastic changes, but that would be about how low I'd go.

Your first point sounds really good, but a 25 energy ability that can allow one tenno to go full rambo and still survive? Abit OP if you ask me. What if 2 Kronos use it on each other lol. Maybe I can put this in Time Trail, when he walks through teammates they get their current state "recorded", then for 3/4/5/6 seconds they can do whatever they want and at the end of it they are transported(even location) back to the "recorded state".

Another version would be that the allied Tennos getting walked through would gain an immunity to damage received for a short duration(then the damage dealt to him during this duration is dealt at the end of the duration but non-fatal, meaning it will leave the fellow tenno at 1HP regardless of how much damage he was tanking) while Kronos still loses his speed walking through other Tenno like walking through enemies.

As for your second point, well it would have to be pseudo time-reverse not true time-reverse for this obvious reason. That's why I don't want to make it reverse to a certain point(in terms of seconds) in the past, but simply reverse to the state that the Tenno entered the map instead(since that much is fixed). Server-side can just treat it as a complete rejoin into the map(without actually rejoining the host ofc).

I don't think SyDaemon means ONLY ammo recovery, he means everything AND ammo recovery(a la return to mission start state as said above), so this would be useful in other missions than defense and boss fights. True it's a support ability that doesn't see much use in places like Capture or Exterminate, but that's basically support abilities overall. I don't see Blessing being super useful in Exterminate missions either.

Reducing the healing won't make any sense lore-wise, and I doubt it would make much of a difference. I've considered it to be an aura at first, but a combo with Time Trail and careful movement can be completely overpowered once you consider it. See, it is not intended for this ability to become just another Blessing. There are many differences. Firstly, when you are revived you still gotta stand up, so if you keep dying immediately after revival, although revives are unlimited within the duration, you're just gonna get permanently knocked-down. Secondly, let's say you've got Rhino or Valkyr on the team and they cast their buffs. When you die and are revived by Krono's Rewind, the buffs are obviously NOT going to be present on your Tenno. However you DO get full ammo recovery AND energy recovered to starting state too(since you enter the mission with full ammo) and any debuffs on you are also going to be erased. It's basically a Tenno reset instead of an invincibility button. I'm thinking that if this is made into a moving aura around Kronos it miiiight work but I'll probably have to set a limit of how many times it can reset Tennos. Probably we're looking at 3/4/5/6, unaffected by mods.

Edits to OP have been made. Thanks for all the feedback guys, it's enlightening to hear the opinions of others. Please continue to help me make Kronos better!

Edited by newnar