Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mission Concept] Co-Op For Endgame Players.

Hameln

There is 2 problem exist in almost every game mode :

+ There are many mission mode in this game that make player choose: Rush to get the mission reward sooner but wasting a lot of protential mod/material drop or do the opposite, grinding everywhere, losing the point of the mission.

+ In many ocasion, end-game players have to playing again low lv mob (alert, Prime part, or play with friend). This leading to overpowered player when most of the time they just run straight to end of the road, no enemies to interact with since there are 3 other OP'd players with 4 sentinels do the vacuum all the way. Players will get bored sooner or later, and that not good.

My proposal is a game mode where players are actually matter to each others, not just some dude running along side you stealing your fun. A mode where player can try their best to complete mission without worrying about wasted creep along the way.

I will call it "Sling shot" mode:

- 4 player will have to split into 2 teams at start of the mission. After that, each team are on their own, 2 players have to take care for each other(revive,heal,buff). Players in the 2nd team cannot come to help it S#&$ happen. If a team lose(both dead), mission fail.

- Each team will have to complete a set of objective(2 or 3) : open door/elevator/find password in order for the other team to progess. The mission could be bring datamass to hack a door open for 2nd team go thought, or defense a gate/core until the other team can find and assasinate a target.

- This mode reward for the fastest completion, player will still have time to farming like when they are defense/searching. A set of big reward will be annouce at the start, and after a while will start decrease as the time go by, to a minimum amount.

- At the end of mission, all 4 Tenno step into room, look at each other, walk to the escape pod.

This mode will require players cooperation, team coordination (combo of 2 available warframe) and force player to use full protential of the equiment/warframe they have. Constantly engaging full duration of the mission (10'-20').

The difficult could be increase without increase the number of enemies/particles/bandwidth since there are only half of Tenno force on screen

Suitable for high-reward mission (Void), the time penalty could be losing chance/rate of getting additional Forma, potato, prime part.

So?

The main point of this mission is push player into high risk, high reward position. There will be only you and one other guy you have to love in order complete the mission (no &*$$).

The mission include multiple game mode that player get used to in normal map, but now you have to do this all together, with 4 times more risk, as fast as possible. It would fun only if you not constantly playing it, so it's cannot be a normal planetary mission.

Sounds like a lot of fun actually, but I can already feel dat feel you'll get when the other team goes down and then you just sit there stuck until they bleed out and you fail the mission...

More appropriate reason to use revive.

ANW, I think there should be some windows for teams giving each other "support fire", they can't come close enough to use ability and revive, but still can give some help if things go too wrong.

Edited by Hameln

I like it, but could you specify whether players get to choose the teams or if they're random? I feel like random would be much more of a challenge, and since this is and end-game mission type, that would be better.

It like a 3 ways road at the start of level(or even middle). Players can choose to go 2-2 or 1-3, even 1-1 if they think they are that tough. The mission should be very hard ( equal to old T3 defense) to force play made a best combination they could have, not just go wherever they want.

Objectives to complete of each route must be clear right ar the start

Edited by Hameln

I like this idea. Seems like it could be really fun for players who are kinda of bored of player who just run through the whole mission. This concept seems nice but I don't think it'll work for solo. So I think that it would be nice if they put this game mode only on 1 or 2 missions. Cause if they have more, it will be harder to form a team. I see this harder to form team problem a lot on defense missions. Many player focus on Xini on Eris for defense so other defense on Eris don't get played.

Sounds like a lot of fun actually, but I can already feel dat feel you'll get when the other team goes down and then you just sit there stuck until they bleed out and you fail the mission...

More appropriate reason to use revive.

ANW, I think there should be some windows for teams giving each other "support fire", they can't come close enough to use ability and revive, but still can have a shot if things go wrong.

this game mode sounds fun, but what i fyou get that idiot who wants YOU to do all the work and he wont' do S#&$. his  crap isn't up to snuff, he's just there to make you grind him. and then the concept of weakening rewards? that just makes it even worse forcing you to run through as fast as possible still. i'd love a gametype where the longer you stay alive, as in if you can get through the entire level, without going down once you get a better reward. few people go down, and the fewer times, you go down the better your reward. that would work better with this idea i think. but if the two objectives were completely seperate, like say both players have similar objectives, one gets the doors to unlock for first objective for both sides, the other gets a map to show the layout of the level, showing enemies etc, that should be where it ends. maybe one side is the 'distraction' so think survival, without the air supply, and the other team has like two assassination targets to kill while all the enemies are on the other side.

this game mode sounds fun, but what i fyou get that idiot who wants YOU to do all the work and he wont' do S#&$. his crap isn't up to snuff, he's just there to make you grind him. and then the concept of weakening rewards? that just makes it even worse forcing you to run through as fast as possible still.

This map is also AFK-proof.

In all other game type, all 4 player go together. If one afk will still be 3 players left, reviving each other, doesn't affect much.

In this mode, 1 afker will mean there will be 1 player solo all the ways, the risk getting a mission fail will be enormous compare to other mode.

This kind of mission is equal to high-end Void mission, not the simple mission you can play anytime you want. Why would you spend 5' idle looking at recruit channel, and then go afk which almost equal to lose ?

i'd love a gametype where the longer you stay alive, as in if you can get through the entire level, without going down once you get a better reward. few people go down, and the fewer times, you go down the better your reward. that would work better with this idea i think. but if the two objectives were completely seperate, like say both players have similar objectives, one gets the doors to unlock for first objective for both sides, the other gets a map to show the layout of the level, showing enemies etc, that should be where it ends. maybe one side is the 'distraction' so think survival, without the air supply, and the other team has like two assassination targets to kill while all the enemies are on the other side.

The main point of this mission is push player into high risk, high reward position. There will be only you and one other guy you have to love in order complete the mission (no homo).

The mission include multiple game mode that player get used to in normal map, but now you have to do this all together, with 4 times more risk, as fast as possible. It would fun only if you not constantly playing it, so it's cannot be a normal planetary mission.

Edited by Hameln