Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe Concept- Jaeger, The Hunter

AnyOrphan

I've been tossing around different warframe ideas for awhile now and the one that sticks out over the gravity frame and the time frame is definitely Jaeger. 

First of all, Jaeger should not suffer from the same syndrome as Valkyr, Nekros, and Oberon, which makes their limbs spindly. Make him look like an actual warframe with arms and legs. 

The concept for Jaeger is simple, a tenno warrior whose powers and purpose revolves around hunting down and eliminating targets multiple or single. The concept for his appearance is a mixture of simplicity overlapped by techno apparel. His actual body would be comprised of interlocking plates which reveal a mechanical matrix underneath like Loki. Over that portion of his frame would be an overcoat similar to Vaubans, seamlessly joining into the chest over the collar bone. The  forearms would have a section where the plates are open, a row of four two inch blades sticking slightly out flush with his forearm. Feet are encased in pointed shoes similar to Loki, with a visible tread running along the side of the soles. Jaegers helmet would be sleek over the back portion of the head, running smooth over the silhouette of his scalp, with two round metallic projections over his ears. His face however would be a smooth plate starting at his forehead and covering the entirety of his face down to his chin, with four glowing spots arranged in a square in the middle of his face, giving the appearance of two eyes on each side, one ontop of the other. On each side of his chin where the plate and the sleek portion connect would be two projections, my idea was something like small tesla coils. 

Stats unranked

Health 125

Power 150

Armor 50

Shield Capacity 120

Sprint Speed 1.20

Stamina 80

Polarities

four warframe ability polarities

2 V polarities

Dash polarity for Aura

Power 1- Harpoon. 25 Energy, Jaeger raises his arm and fires out four barbed harpoons into an enemy, seeks single target. Deals 100/200/400 puncture damage to target and drastically reduces the targets speed, talking almost a crawl. Slow lasts for 5/10/20 seconds. Slows but does not immobilize bosses. 

Power 2- Tracking. 40 Energy, Jaeger sends out a radar pulse, revealing potential targets and increasing his and his allies mobility. Range is 35 meters around Jaeger. Lasts 9/11/14 seconds. All enemies are highlighted through walls, but are not illuminated in plain sight, also show up on minimap. All allies within Trackings radius have increased running speed 8%/20%/35%, and are under the effects of low gravity.

Power 3- Hounds. 75 Energy, Jaeger releases two drones from under his coat to help him hunt, attacking anything within range. Drones stay active for 15/20/25 seconds. Drones are like the shield drones seen in Orokin ships, save being gunmetal grey with a blue lotus symbol engraved into their bodies. Drones fly on either side of jaeger when no enemies are in sight, when an enemy comes within aggro distance the drones will fly towards enemy, staying within 10 meters of Jaeger and firing on enemies with laser rifles. Drone damage scales with power strength.

Power 4- Great Hunt. 100 Energy, Jaeger calls upon the power of the great hunt, letting out an earth shattering roar to sound his targets demise. Jaeger reels back and releases an explosive cry, creating an explosion from himself which does 1500 blast damage to all enemies within an 8/10/12 meter radius of him and sends out a shockwave which affects all enemies within a 18/22/25 meter radius of him for 8/10/12 seconds, slowing their movement speed and causing 12/15/20 radiation damage whenever they move. All damage is increased by power strength, duration of slow effect is not affected by power duration mods. 

I believe the concept of Jaeger, the hunter warframe is something that would fit in well with the other warframes, and if these powers are implemented along with him he should be more balanced instead of a token novel warframe like some of the newer ones. 

I look forward to feedback.

AnyOrphan

• 1 month later...

For anyone thinking "OMG this is copying AoT OMG OMG OMG"; Jaeger is german for hunter

Probably my perfectionism again, but not quite... I heard Jaeger was Japanese for hunter, which explained Attack on Titan's name choice well enough - thus, making Jaeger an apt name for a Warframe - but Jäger is hunter in German. Thus, Panzerjäger divisions in the world wars.

As a person who enjoys WW1 and WW2 topics and concepts, I couldn't resist interfering to correct you. Apologies, please continue.

I've been tossing around different warframe ideas for awhile now and the one that sticks out over the gravity frame and the time frame is definitely Jaeger. 

So we're naming a warframe Hunter, the Hunter, and basing his entire kit around hunting? Rad.

Probably my perfectionism again, but not quite... I heard Jaeger was Japanese for hunter, which explained Attack on Titan's name choice well enough - thus, making Jaeger an apt name for a Warframe - but Jäger is hunter in German. Thus, Panzerjäger divisions in the world wars.

As a person who enjoys WW1 and WW2 topics and concepts, I couldn't resist interfering to correct you. Apologies, please continue.

Jaegar is not a japanese word, it's not phonetically possible given Japanese's syllabary. His name is Eren Jaegar because he's not Japanese in the story - Mikasa is the only eastern Asian in the show, that's like, an entire thing. 

As a person who is studying Japanese, I couldn't resist correcting you. Apologies. (PS, Panzerjager is a German thing and never had anything to do with Japan, aside from, you know.)

Edited by Kisamier

So we're naming a warframe Hunter, the Hunter, and basing his entire kit around hunting? Rad.

Jaegar is not a japanese word, it's not phonetically possible given Japanese's syllabary. His name is Eren Jaegar because he's not Japanese in the story - Mikasa is the only eastern Asian in the show, that's like, an entire thing. 

As a person who is studying Japanese, I couldn't resist correcting you. Apologies. (PS, Panzerjager is a German thing and never had anything to do with Japan, aside from, you know.)

First, thanks for the correction. I now know at least one of my friends is an idiot.

Second, I didn't say it had anything to do with Japan. Just put the German into a context which had no relation.