Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vectis Scope View Problem. Dunno Abt Othr Sniper Rifles.

Cpt.Shockwave

Quite earlier , when vectis came in the market , i liked it very much so i built it. Its an awesome sniper rifle and my fav rifle in the game too. we switch to scope view it looked like normal and was accurate. After some days i had to go offline for several months due to some problems. After 12th update i came back online. So i updated the game and was quite excited. A lot of things changed. So i thought lets do some runs , my vectis still needed to be ranked up. I started a run , then i noticed the scope textures are changed , didn't minded that. I usually try to shoot enemies in the head. I found a grineer walking , un aware of me , so i switched to scope view and aimed at his head. Took my time and fired , i was pretty sure that the bullet will hit the head but it but it didn't , the bullet went right above his head. I thought i must have aimed wrong. I tried it several time but the bullet never hits the target the way it supposed to hit. It hits quite higher. When i shoot without the scope view (without holding the right click) it hits accurately. For eg (while in scope view) when i hit target the chest , the bullet hits the head. I checked for solution , saw it somewhere when you decrease your resolution to 800x600 , this problem no longer exist. I tried it worked but its not that much fun to play in 800X600 res. Any one other experiencing this problem? I hope this problem will be taken a bit seriously , i really like that sniper rifle ^^ . Don't know if other sniper rifles are experiencing the same problem. And hope you all forgive and ignore the grammatical mistake i made in this paragraph.

I don't understand the technical side of the issue, but I would speculate that what's happening is your resolution is a different aspect ratio than 800x600. 800x600 is a 4:3 ratio between the two dimensions. If you're playing on 1280 x 720 -which is 16:9 aspect ratio- it may cause the game to stretch the 800x600 scope image to fit the 16:9 ratio and that skewing of the image moves the crosshair away from center. 

To solve this, I would try playing in a resolution that is also 4:3 aspect ratio. I play in 1600x1200 and have never had the problem, so although I'm not CERTAIN, I think there's a good chance this will work.

4:3 ratio resolutions:

800x600

1024x768

1152x864

1280x960

1400x1050

1600x1200

Edited for clarity

Edited by VKhaun

On 1024x768 the Vectis scope is lower than it actually is for me. Only turning red when I bring it further down, to around the enemy's chest/stomach.

Try 1280x800, 1280x768, 1024x600. Those resolutions didn't give me any trouble, but that might be because I'm playing windowed mode.