Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Engineer/technician Warframe

Tecrys

Hi everyone!

To get another supportive Warframe into the game and to encourage team play, I think an engineer would be very useful.

Base stats:

Similar to Trinity or Banshee

Abilities:

50 Energy, Ammunitions locker. Places a locker that replenishes a limited amount of ammunition by interacting with it.

Gives more ammo by upgrading.

75 Energy, Repair. Repairs or speeds up self repair on defense objectives. Ammount/time increases by upgradeing. (one of those 2)

75 Energy, EMP wave. simple aoe root/stun to robots, rollers, turrets and cameras. Maybe damage as well.

Increases range by upgrading.

100 Energy, place an Auto turret (ultimate 10 mod points skill). Simply places a turret that shoots enemies. increases life span/hp and damage by upgrading.

I thin a Warframe like this might be a very useful addition to the game, especially in defense missions.

Open for discussion, let me know your thoughts about this suggestion.

Tecrys

I'll throw you a better "kit", because I feel like it.

1: Deconstruct: Disarms target enemy(forces them to use melee, dose not work on Infested and units already using melee), drops weapon appropriate(shotgun if enemy uses a shotgun, ect.) ammo pack at the targets feet. 25 EN.

2: Attack Drone: Releases a small drone(much like the Corpus Osprey) that shoots lasers at the enemies for a few seconds. 50EN.

3: Recycle: Tags an enemy, shooting that enemy dose not consume ammo(it's refunded as the round strikes into the active clip). 50 EN.

4: Combat Resuply: Fully restores ammo and instantly reloads all weapons of all allied Tenno. Grants a temporary damage buff. 100 EN

Edited by Naqel

Deconstruct would be too similar to Lokis radial disarm.

Recycle and attack drone are nice, fits very well with other comparable abilities. Repair is mandatory for those stupid defense missions in my eyes.

Sometimes enemies just focus their fire and it's just a matter of seconds until you lose because the defense objective is destroyed.

I know it would be very situational but other skills are as well.

PS: To fix those defense missions the devs could make hp of the defense target be relative to enemy level.

Tecrys

Edited by Tecrys

Yes, there are some abilities in the game which are very similar to each other already, I know that.

It's hard to design abilities that are really unique.

In the end it's up to the Devs and maybe they come up with even better ideas for abilities.

But a frame that replenishes ammo or sets up defenses (static or moblie) would definitely be something new for Warframe.

Also most coop shooters, PvE and PvP, have a class that can do something like that.

About Deconstruct:

No bad feelings from my side, don't get me wrong, just thought it might be too similar and I really like your idea of recycle.

Combat resupply is nice, too, but I think the rest of the team should do something as well to resupply ammo.

Like this it's just 1 button press and the whole team has full ammo again. Might be too powerful.

On the other hand it costs 100 energy, which is quite a lot, so it might be balanced.

Thanks for your ideas,

Tecrys

Edited by Tecrys

TF2 much? Lol just kidding. But I think his skills are abit too skewed towards defense missions. I don't see how repair is going to help in a normal mission at all. Skills should be still borderline useful even in scenarios they are not super-effective in.

So for normal missions u simply swap out repair and take other mods with you.

As an example: Sonar and silence skills of Banshee are only useful if u play stealthy, in other words solo or with a group of players who all want to play stealthy. If u don't have that you don't take those skills and swap them with other mods.

That's how the new mod system is supposed to be used. It's built for flexibilty so it's ok if u have skill mods which are hyper situational.

Tecrys

I am imagining a TF2 Engy in a Warframe suit now.. haha.

I really like the idea of the EMP blast. I actually found this thread AFTER I posted a thread of my own: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/20348-agent-warframe/

The idea of turrets is interesting no doubt, i just worry about the over-power-ness of the warframe. Turret + Your upgraded Gun + Sentinel's upgraded gun -- seems like a whole lot of damage.

Ammo-crate idea seems like it would work well.

If there is any Idea I would like to add, it would be "Mounted Disarm"

Disarms target enemy and turns weapon into turret. Fires until clip is empty and explodes causing aoe damage.

Maybe this "pet class frame" or engineer frame has abilities to BUFF and better your Sentinel? Allowing sentinel to move around on its own, or increasing fire rate or have it launch a missile. -- something.

Good job so far guys.

This is evolving into a whole lot of interesting stuff.

The Devs said on their livestream that they want to put more powers per frame into the game so some of your suggestions could be just a specialization for the same frame or some of the mentioned abilities could be implemented as additional abilities for existing frames.

So the "pet/turret" abilities could fit to an engineer just as well as those "disarm and transform to turret"-features.

As I have mentioned before it's up to the Devs AND which mission u want to play.

Thanks for the cool feeadback so far, keep it coming guys.

PS: Ineresting idea about the Sentinel.

Tecrys

Edited by Tecrys