Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Makes Me Want To Facepalm...

Amandis

...you have her wrongly build then. She can put up +5k in a Miasma cast. Which is way more than many ultimates out there.

True, but my Saryn is currently level 18 (just built it today). So far it's Venom ability is useless versus level 15 mobs. On level 10 mobs it has more effectiveness, but still not very good.

One of the reasons I crafted Saryn was the Contagion because I use elemental mods heavy on my melee weapons. BUT Contagion is such a S@*T!

I couldn't notice a difference between normal attacks and Contagion attacks.

And the Molt ability... I'd better not talk about it.

So far the only thing is good about Saryn (Just kidding there is nothing good about Saryn) is here base stats. She well balanced in Shields, Health and Armour, but she is very slow.

Really? Huh... -Jotting Notes- Guess I still have alot to learn from Saryn xD

• Maximized Power Duration increases duration to 10.3 seconds, resulting in 1645.9 total damage.
    • Reduces range to 5.1 meters.
  • Maximized Power Efficiency reduces the cost to 25 energy.
    • Reduces duration to 1.6 seconds, resulting in 2437.5 total damage.
  • Maximized Power Range increases the radius to 35.3 meters.
    • Damage is reduced to 150 per tick, resulting in 750 total damage.
  • Maximized Power Strength increases damage of each tick to 858.8, resulting in 4293.8 total damage.
    • Cost is increased to 155 energy.

Less duation = Moar damage.

Thanks for the info.  I've read that before, but haven't tested myself.  I guess it's time to take Saryn out for some fun.

Really? Huh... -Jotting Notes- Guess I still have alot to learn from Saryn xD

Yeah it's counter-intuitive right?  Apparently the damage ticks just happen faster and the amount of ticks isn't reduced.

When a fourth ability (Miasma) can't kill a level 30 mob, and when Venom ability does 1 dmg to mid level enemy...

I just have to do this...

picard-facepalm.jpg

Your building Saryn wrong or aren't using her for what she is most useful. Miasma is DOT skill. If you want more damage on Miasma just use (Blind Rage, Intensify) and Venom is effectively a low dmg large spread viral proc. Each spore when popped spreads to other enemies and has a decent chance to proc viral which reduces the mobs hp by 50%.

Hey so is more duration good or less?  Because I've heard less is better, but have doubts...

Less duration is better. Saryn's Miasma does a set amount of damage over 4 seconds. If you put a Rank 4 Fleeting Expertise, that will reduce the duration to 2 seconds, but will still deal the same amount of damage as if it was 4 seconds. Basically, more damage in a smaller amount of time.

What? How about Warframe Wiki? http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Saryn_%28Warframe%29

It clearly says that increasing duration increases base damage, because skills like Miasma and Venom does DoT.

MrWrong.jpg

Step 1: Look to the post directly above yours.

Step 2: Feel bad about mocking somebody else for not checking the wiki.

Edited by Moderius

True, but my Saryn is currently level 18 (just built it today). So far it's Venom ability is useless versus level 15 mobs. On level 10 mobs it has more effectiveness, but still not very good.

One of the reasons I crafted Saryn was the Contagion because I use elemental mods heavy on my melee weapons. BUT Contagion is such a S@*T!

I couldn't notice a difference between normal attacks and Contagion attacks.

And the Molt ability... I'd better not talk about it.

So far the only thing is good about Saryn (Just kidding there is nothing good about Saryn) is here base stats. She well balanced in Shields, Health and Armour, but she is very slow.

Psssh...  No offence Tenno, but you don't get onto the forums to critique a frame on Day 1 of using it.  LOL.  XD

I can see how people could want buffs for Saryn, I really do...  Play her for a while first Amandis.  Give her a week and start this thread again then.

Less duration is better. Saryn's Miasma does a set amount of damage over 4 seconds. If you put a Rank 4 Fleeting Expertise, that will reduce the duration to 2 seconds, but will still deal the same amount of damage as if it was 4 seconds. Basically, more damage in a smaller amount of time.

This explains everything. Thanks :D

Less duation = Moar damage.

less duration is not more dmg.  It results in a higher DPS which isn't the same thing. The damage of the skill is unaffected by duration. Meaning if your skill does 3000 dmg, over 4 secs each second you do 750 dmg.  The same skill damage with a duration of 6 secs will do 500 dmg per tick. So the overall damage is the exact same, but the time to get to that damage is less with a lower duration.

BTW, how about other 3 Saryn's skills? Venom, Molt, Contagion? Are they any good? Because many people wants a buff for Saryn.

I played Saryn for quite a while before.  She was one of my favorites.  I like her other 3 skills, with Contagion being the least used one before. However I hear it's really useful now in with Melee 2.0.

When it comes to Molt.  It's just like Loki's Decoy.  Venom is cool, because if you cast it on one enemy and he's surrounded by other enemies, you can use a gun to pop the bubbles and spread them to the group.  When I used Saryn last the enemies seemed to "wretch" a bit too which can be useful.  (or was I imagining that?) 

It's been a while.  I wanna play her again now.  XD

BTW, how about other 3 Saryn's skills? Venom, Molt, Contagion? Are they any good? Because many people wants a buff for Saryn.

Edit: Forgot to response to this one.

Put in a mxed fleeting expertise to increase the damage dealt by Miasma. Molt also benefits from this, as if the "decoy" lasts it's full duration, it will deal double toxin ticks to nearby enemies.

less duration is not more dmg.  It results in a higher DPS which isn't the same thing. The damage of the skill is unaffected by duration. Meaning if your skill does 3000 dmg, over 4 secs each second you do 750 dmg.  The same skill damage with a duration of 6 secs will do 500 dmg per tick. So the overall damage is the exact same, but the time to get to that damage is less with a lower duration.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1u6wtg/psa_miasma_and_power_duration/

this is what I could find quickly, I'll look for a thread that has more depth info on the subject.

Edited by xlraistlx