Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Athena

(PSN)TheMaestroNoob_

!WARNING! my English is bad because it is not my first language... be prepare to do not understand nothing !WARNING!

Okey guys. I present you my Athena! (In Greek mythology goddess of wisdow, courage, inspiration, civilization, law and justicem just warfare, mathematic, strength, strategy, the arts, crafts, and skill.)

I tried to make this Warframe looks more like a some first ones Warframes, like a Volt, Nyx, Loki, Nova and Ember, and i did this... because newest warframes now have many details, that just for nothing. Look on Excalibur and on Hydryid -- first one not so detailed like second one, but he is looks awesome after two years.

Concept-art:

warframe_concept_athena_by_themaestronoo 

About powers: im not sure which kind of power she can have, but i made two options...

Momentum Void Portals: 

In first, about my theory... 

I've been thinking, and I suddenly realized how Tenno and Void connected between each other.

Some of Orokin (later -- rogue Tenno), who visited Void, appeared a connection with this dimension of "blinding space". They do not have mutated and become mutants - they became as a conduit of the Void in to reality. In that dimension "science and reasons failed" (Codex of Excalibur), matter is no truth, natural phenomena defy explanation, and that is why Tenno powers: create fire\freeze, turn into water, shake time by stomp, teleporting, create an anything from anywhere, etc. All this is not possible in the real world: you can't heat\freeze matter by power of thought, you can't turn the water and become a man back, you can't stop time by stomping, you can't create the matter out of nowhere... but it can be possible in the Void, where "science has no meaning" and those phenomens is usualy for the host of the "blinding space". Tenno, became a conduits of the Void in reality, they living in two demensions at one time, because it they have a powers... The Void -- opposite of reality. "blinding space" with stars which eating light -- opposit dark space as pitch with little twinkle stars; in The Void anybody can creates all by the power of thought, and can't destroy anything by physical effort - our reality is opposite it. Tenno can create fire, water tentacles, converted to water themeself, stop time, because they are living between two those worlds (physically? or only spiritually?)... Technocyte, this virus -- Tenno infested by these in Void, but because Technocyte they are living in two worlds: this virus from the Void. Orokin Towers protecting piece of reality inside from the Void outside, Warframes protect Real World from piece of Void power inside Tenno. 

And Athena power working on this. She create a momental Void Portals, by freeing piece of Void inside her to outside of warframe for few second.

Powers:

1: Create spheric explosion of energy in place, that deal random kind of damage (fire, viral, slash etc.) to near enemies.

DMG: 100/125/175/250

Radius: 1m/1m/2m/2m/

EC: 25

2: Make body a traveling between Void and Reality. Increase move speed and jump height, reduce taking damage, but also reduce making damage.

Speed and jump height: +10%/+20%/+25%/+40%

Taking dmg: -15%/-20%/-35%/-50%

Making dmg: -15%

EC: 50

3: For some time give protecting to all team from negative effects (bleeding, energy sucking, toxic poison etc.) and dump if any working.

Duration: 10s/15s/20s/35s

4: Freeing an Wave of Void Energy, that making random type of damage (like first power) and have some chance for status.

DMG: 200/400/550/900

Radius: 5m/7m/10m/13m

Status Chance: 40%/50%/60%/80%

EC: 100 

Stamina\Shield Support:

This powers like a trinity, but for shields and stamina

Powers:

1: Restore shield of team.

Shield restore: 100/300/500/800

2: Marking enemies around. Killing them restore full stamina.

Radius: 5m/7m/10m/13m

DMG to marked enemies: x2/x2/x3/x3.5

EC:50

3: For some time give protecting to all team from negative effects (bleeding, energy sucking, toxic poison etc.) and dump if any working.

Duration: 10s/15s/20s/35s

4: Every second make a wave, that damage enemies and have a big chance to knokdown them. Restore some shield for near teammates.

DMG per wave: 25/50/100/150

Number of waves: 1/1/2/4

Radius: 10m/12m/15m/20m

Knockdown chance: 40%/50%/60%/80%

Shield restore: 100/100/150/150

EC: 100 

Also, look my warframe arts here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/157972-war-frames-of-warframes/

And my Deviant here: http://themaestronoob.deviantart.com/

Edited by (PS4)TheMaestroNoob_

I see English isn't your first language...

Interesting theory about the Void and how its interaction with the real world grants Tenno their abilities. I personally was of the theory that the Warframes didn't contain the Tenno themselves so much as serve as avatars- hence why in the trailers the Lotus seemed to address the Tenno and refer to the Warframes as if they were seperate entities- as if the Tenno weren't what was inside the Warframe so much as the player presence controlling them.

As for this Frame in particular, the design is cool and the abilities seem rather interesting, but the whole "random elements" bit may be off-putting to some who would prefer to have exact control over what sort of damage they deal. That and the second power may get some flak for reducing damage output (I personally find it unnecessary; Speed Boost, Iron Skin, and Hysteria don't make trade-offs for what they grant, why should this one?). 

I see English isn't your first language...

I was sure everybody can see that

As for this Frame in particular, the design is cool and the abilities seem rather interesting, but the whole "random elements" bit may be off-putting to some who would prefer to have exact control over what sort of damage they deal. That and the second power may get some flak for reducing damage output (I personally find it unnecessary; Speed Boost, Iron Skin, and Hysteria don't make trade-offs for what they grant, why should this one?). 

Maybe possible that powers can make random elements, but elements which player have in his weapon in mission? It's mean if i bring Only Ogris against Infested, my ultimate power can create wave of heat damage, but if i bring Gorgon with blast, it can create a wave of blast, ice or heat damage?

Second power increase speed movement and reduce taking damage -- if i just leave like that, this power can kickout Volt's Speed. But i changed Maximum of reducing taking damage now.

Edited by (PS4)TheMaestroNoob_