Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Player Shops And A Search Function. (To Solve All The Trading Woes)

VioDuskar

MY VISION

so, I remember an old online game called neopets, and back in the day they had a cool way of player trading.

it worked like this, each player could buy a storefront (one time thing) and pay to expand the size of the store front.

each player would then put items into the store, up to the item limit specified by your store front size.

the player would set all the item prices when they added the item to the store, and could edit the prices anytime.

to find a player's store one would go to the community market and search for a specific item. (typing and hitting search)

the search would yield a list of only that item with the prices for it in ascending order. displayed would be the item, the price, and the player's name. like so, but in columns

[Rhino Prime Chassis - 12 platinum - VioDuskar]

[Rhino Prime Chassis - 13 platinum - Name&shame]

each player's name is clickable, and would bring you to that player's shop (a new page)

once in the player's shop you could view all items that that player had for sale as an icon with the BUY button below it.

however, this made you also browse the other wares the player had, making you possibly buy other items of interest.

each player store front as mentioned before needed an initial investment, and subsequent purchases to upgrade the store capacity, my suggestion to a way this would working in WF: players would pay 100,000credits to start or open a store. the starter store lets you hold 5 items total (doubles count as 1 each, thus 5 vayhek keys and nothing else or 2 T3S keys and 3 T4D keys, or 5 unique items)  players could expand the shop with platinum, say 20 plat for each expansion, and expansions are tiered (tiers being: 5[starter], 20, 30, 40, 50, 60)  this would be a nice way to have a new platinum sink in the game, while allowing players to sell more items simultaneously in hopes to generate more platinum.

each store also had a store "till." meaning that any platinum generated from player purchases would go directly into the store till, and once the player logged on to check his store he could collect that platinum. (AKA it was not automatic accreditation you had to come claim it) I believe the same would work for warframe. This encourages player to attend their shops regularly to be vigilant on the pricing they set for the items they sell.  (no plat in my till? items must not be selling! maybe I should lower the price to be more reasonable!)

now, DE likes to tax trades with credits, and clans tax trades too, so what about credit taxes?

[FOR SELLERS] I propose that to list an item in your shop you define it's platinum price, and when you hit "list" it takes out the regular tax on the price requested.

[FOR BUYERS] you will be taxed on the item once you hit buy, at the normal rate (EG: you buy an Lcore, you pay the listed price in plat, plus the 1million credits DE wants)

[FOR CLANS] all normal clan taxes are applied universally to the buyer on all items sold.

WHY THIS WOULD WORK IN WARFRAME

so, this solves a few issues, but leaves a reason for the trading chat tab, and dojo trading posts.

trading posts would be used for "gifting" mods,items,plat to new players or friends

the trading tab would be used for actual trading, not buying or selling.

-It lets players sell items while AFK

-it encourages selling/buying of multiple items without the need for chat spam

-it encourages competitive pricing through listings

-it does not have to limit or hinder the current system

-it would increase the ease of selling and buying, and help new players get platinum via trading easier

-it would stop trade channel chat spam 

-it would be a huge quality of life upgrade

WHY THIS WOULD NOT WORK IN WARFRAME

-it would require a new tab to be added in the UI (new icon beside market, "player market/shops")

-it would require dedicated servers (GASP!) [but really DE should be getting something out of this perfect world thing, I am hoping for servers]

-it would create price undercutting (but so would any other auction or public marketplace)

-it would be a huge quality of life upgrade

-this is not friendly to the "X amount of trades per day" that DE wants us to have.

THINGS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS WORK

-changes to the "X amount of trades per day" system

-new UI addition

-dedicated servers

HERE'S HOPING

If this gets anywhere it would be a miracle. but i honestly think this would solve a lot of the trading issues without doing away with the current system, but instead using the current system as a compliment to allow gifting and trading (mod for mod, part for part)

but you cant make everyone happy, so what do you think could make this idea junk? (where is the wrench in my gears?) and why makes this idea spiffy and or neat-O?

THE LLYSSA SOLUTION TO SERVERS (or lack thereof)

"Although, a thought is that this could be used on the current system to a degree--a player could activate a shop when they want to sell, and then their shop would become a "market host", and other regional sales would be directed to them. The time between missions for players is usually large-ish(several minutes spent researching, planning, modding, whatever), and then the game could just play hotpotato migrating the market host when players close their shop or enter a mission."

-llyssa

TL,DR: pretty much the title, but call china and they'll still tell you to read the words on the wall

Edited by VioDuskar

That was Neopets. This is Warframe.

At least think of how this would work lore-wise instead of saying "rip this mechanic from a very different game".

Actually lots of games use this kind of mechanic, and even some other game-site things like Gaia.  Hell, even Steam does something like this with the marketplace.  It's not uncommon at all, and is very useful when it's available.

The persistent server thing is a huge killer on this.

Although, a thought is that this could be used on the current system to a degree--a player could activate a shop when they want to sell, and then their shop would become a "market host", and other regional sales would be directed to them. The time between missions for players is usually large-ish(several minutes spent researching, planning, modding, whatever), and then the game could just play hotpotato migrating the market host when players close their shop or enter a mission.

That wouldn't allow you to sell offline or while in a mission, but it would allow you to have your items for sale whenever you're not in mission, automatically hitting up the market so long as you're trying to list items. That wouldn't solve everything(since it only sells while you're online and not in-mission), but if you were automatically selling the whole time between missions(as long as you've got stuff listed), it would be much easier than spamming trade and hoping. You could still use trade if you wanted to get a quicker sale, but if you have a price in mind, you could basically just set and forget, and the game would notify you when you were successful.

nopes.

thanks for the helpful input.

That was Neopets. This is Warframe.

At least think of how this would work lore-wise instead of saying "rip this mechanic from a very different game".

lore wise how does the credit market work with blueprints? lore wise how do i get cosmetics for plat? game mechanics are normally seperate from lore, even though elements are implemented

EG: your map is now in a ship, but you still buy an immortal skin in your ship, WTF? how does that get there?

WoW EG: aution house is a place in town, but items listed there dont just come from that town they come from all over the server. WTF? carrier griffons with your items?

Why do I like this so much?

Meep <____>

because it's not that bad. taking all the good parts of games are the ear marker of a successful game/ business plan.

Moop >____<

Edited by VioDuskar

when I am trading I am ready to make some trade offs, like Ok instead of 5p you give me 3P and 2 fusioncores or something like that. With your system that wouldn't be possible

this is why my idea compliments the old system, but doesn't try to get rid of it. I address this. read the part about gifting and regular old trading (mod for mod, part for part)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...