Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hoax: A Manipulating Warframe

Hunter126

I got bored so I made this idea

I hope it inspires people or something at the least

This is Hoax (Manipulator of the environment)

Base Statistics

Health: 100 (300.0 at rank 30)

Power: 100 (150.0 at rank 30)

Armor: 65

Shield Capacity: 100 (300.0 at rank 30)

Sprint Speed: 1.05

Stamina: 100

Codex Blurb

Hoax, is a controller of the area, using the battlefield, a manipulative environment for his enemies.

Abilities

Hoax's abilities manipulate enemies to deadly effects.

1)Backfire- explodes damage of an enemy, enemy damage is backfired onto the enemy, dealing damage and knockdown while also delivering extra damage from Hoax's manipulative influence.

Upgrade

This ability deals 20/50/80/100 extra damage to an enemy while backfiring their own, depending on the enemy, causing knockdown by the effect.

Strength and Range mods are affected.

2)Substitution- replaces Hoax with an explosive decoy, explodes when shot, and Hoax appears above an enemy, causing knockdown to that target.

Upgrade

This ability can target an enemy within a 3m/5m/7m/10m radius, the explosion of the decoy deals 50/75/100/125 Blast Damage to enemies within a 2m/3m/5m/7m radius, you need to target an enemy for this to work, and you fall onto an enemy, allowing to do a finisher on the enemy.

Range mods are affected.

3)Force Sphere- releases a barrier that highly lowers enemy accuracy, causing enemy fire to go out of control randomly attacking enemies allies nearby, enemy projectiles outside the barrier then going into it will still cause the fire to go out of control.

Upgrade

This ability releases a barrier within a 3m/5m/7m/8m radius for 5/7/10/12 seconds.

Range mods are affected, Duration mods aren't affected.

The true danger to the enemies are themselves, Tenno

4)Warp Slicer- warps nearby enemies, changing them into deadly projectiles to fly around at razor-sharp speed, slicing enemies by the enemy projectiles.

Upgrade

This ability warps 3/5/7/9 enemies, changing them into deadly projectiles and flying around at razor sharp speed dealing 150/300/450/600 slash damage, the projectiles also deal damage to the warped enemies, dealing 100/200/300/400 damage to the warped enemies, this attacks enemies within a 5m/10m/15m/20m radius for 7/10/12/15 seconds, the projectile explodes dealing 50/100/150/200 Blast damage within a 3m/4m/5m/6m radius overtime.

Strength and Duration mods are affected, Range mods aren't affected.

Hoax is using the battlefield like his playground, making enemies not dangerous to the Tenno but to themselves as well, Hoax awakens that effect.

This is just an inspiration, you guys can use these moves for your own

but I wanna see if it's good first.

Edited by Hunter126

1: Not sure I get this... does it just blow up their ammo clips or does it make the enemies receive backlash damage from their own gunfire?

2: I was going to say something about this being Decoy but then I remembered that 1: Saryn already has an ability similar to that too and 2: this is more Kwarimi than anything else, which is a nice idea.

3: Sounds like an odd mix of Chaos and Turbulence. Perhaps instead of blocking projectiles it just added a chance to reflect them toward nearby enemies, so it didn't provide complete protection but still hurt enemies nearby?

4: I'll be frank, your description is incomprehensible. I have a mental image of enemies swirling around Hoax like a tornado in alternating directions, both serving as motile meat shields and damaging each other as they crash into each other, which is actually rather amusing.

1: Not sure I get this... does it just blow up their ammo clips or does it make the enemies receive backlash damage from their own gunfire?

2: I was going to say something about this being Decoy but then I remembered that 1: Saryn already has an ability similar to that too and 2: this is more Kwarimi than anything else, which is a nice idea.

3: Sounds like an odd mix of Chaos and Turbulence. Perhaps instead of blocking projectiles it just added a chance to reflect them toward nearby enemies, so it didn't provide complete protection but still hurt enemies nearby?

4: I'll be frank, your description is incomprehensible. I have a mental image of enemies swirling around Hoax like a tornado in alternating directions, both serving as motile meat shields and damaging each other as they crash into each other, which is actually rather amusing.

first is whenever not during gunfire

i just wanna answer that question but this is just an inspiration for people