Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr The Master Of Melee 2.0 Mod Build

EliteRider

Question

Salut tous le monde! Elite Rider here. So today i felt like i could share my melee only build i use on Valkyr, a very good one and believe me, you'll have a lot of fun with it just like i do!

So before i show the build, you're probably asking yourself some questions, which i'll answer now.

Is it a constant Hysteria build?: No.

Will i need a shield mod?: Why have a shield when you an amount of armor that is high to the point you'll say HEHEHEHE! NOTHING CAN HURT ME!

Do i need a Rush mod?: As fast as Valkyr already move, it's not necessary.

Do i need Stamina mods?: it's a melee build, so you need to be a tireless tank.

Does it let me use all of Valkyr's powers?: Yep

What type of melee weapons are good with this build?: Everything that strike fast like dual swords, dual daggers, hand and feet sparring, claws, polearms, swords, katanas, glaives, daggers, staves, scythes and tonfas.

Will i need Life Strike on my melee weapons?: It'll help you survive, trust me

Should i rank up the mod?: Believe me, you do not want to rank up Life Strike, i keep mine unranked and it's very good as it is.

What if i encounter magnetic doors or cameras? I can't hit them without a gun: You can use Paralysis, go directly in front of the door and use the power to shut the magnetic field down. As for the cameras, you can use Rip Line, but you can take a secondary with you incase you'd encounter too many of them, i bring my Brakk sometimes.

Can i use heavy melee weapons with this build?: Avoid using heavy melee weapons.

Can we PS4 and Xbox one players use this build?: Of course, now that i migrated i use it on PS4 too.

Alright so i think that'll do for now, anymore questions well be added above, now here's the build

CtFlimH.jpgYeah, i'm still ranking up Vitality and Steel Fiber but i can actually take on enemies at level 30 and above, even mini bosses.

Ok, now i'll explain why i use these mods by answering more question that will probably be asked.

What is Rage? Why should i use it?: This mod can be a life saver, when you take health damage, you gain energy, If you're being swarmed by infested, or an unavoidable storm of bullets while you're out of energy to use any powers, all the damage you'll take will instantly refill your energy, giving you a chance to use Hysteria and kill everything.

No power duration or strenght mod?: Hysteria last for 30 second and Warcry for 15 seconds at rank 3 which is about enough to kill lots of enemies even without power strenght mods.

Can i sacrifice a power to put a power duration or strenght mod?: Of course, the build was actually like that at first, remove Paralysis, move Marathon to its slot and put Continuity or Intensify.

Why no shield mods?: Valkyr's shield amount is 50 unranked and 150 at rank 30, which count as the absolute lowest, instead of increasing her shield, put Steel Fiber to increase her already very high armor which is 600 in default.

What's Steel Charge for?: This aura mod increase melee damage for you and your team.

Why do i need Quick Rest and Marathon?: these two mods are needed to make a good melee build, Quick Rest make your stamina recharge faster while Marathon increases it, making you nearly tireless.

I think i explained it all.

I hope you fellow Valkyrs out there try my build and you'll like it. Now let's kill stuff! 

Edited by EliteRider

17 answers to this question

I'm excited for the Hysteria change to get to PS4. I just built Valkyr for the first time last week and the hovering claws are funny, but not AMAZING. And pretty inaccurate at times. I never got to use Valkyr in Update 14 cuz I migrated over before I got her and now I only have her on PS4. But I will try this build for sure since I do enjoy using her.

good build, i was planning to make this and didnt know if i should go for the 70ish sec hysteria or 30 was enough. im also using galatine, is it bad for hysteria? 

Galatine is horrible for hysteria.

Use dual ichors or Serro.

Why do i need Quick Rest and Marathon?: these two mods are absolutly needed to make a melee build, Quick Rest make your stamina recharge faster while Marathon increases it, making you nearly tireless.

But... why do we care? Stamina is still mostly unimportant. You can't block, and there might be a hesitation before continuing a combo or making a slide attack. And you cant wall run/climb as far. But really? Stamina is mostly pointless.

I would drop those two mods for more efficiency and/or duration to make the other abilities more useful.

You might also consider a max strength setup to make the armor scaling increase from Warcry more beneficial and make Hysteria do more damage.

good build, i was planning to make this and didnt know if i should go for the 70ish sec hysteria or 30 was enough. im also using galatine, is it bad for hysteria? 

Avoid using heavy melee weapons, they're slow and have a delay between each attacks, you're better off using light melee weapons since they strike fast without delay

Avoid using heavy melee weapons, they're slow and have a delay between each attacks, you're better off using light melee weapons since they strike fast without delay

i know that but i like the way galatine attacks and how it visually looks :/

It's one of the most useless mods and it would just ruin the build.

How is Reflex Guard one of the most useless mods? It's probably the single most powerful defensive mod in the game, the only caveat is that it screws with non-bow primaries and all secondaries, but if your build is primarily focused on melee, there is absolutely no reason not to have it. Do you just not understand how it works?

Edited by T0rin1

I've tried using reflex guard @ 25% and it's okay...

I also use sure footed because those random knockdowns every once in a while gets annoying.

I'd rather switch marathon for intensify. If you are really concerned about stamina then quick rest is all you'll need.