Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Scarab - Insect Based Frame [Pictures Included]

(PSN)Merrowing

Scarab
Insect / Thief Warframe

Relying on his agile and stealthy ways Scarab confuses enemies to eliminate them one by one.

Lore

Darkness, first cold, long, deep sleep, now darkness. Fall, pain, no not really, just contact with...what? Voices, close, strange tongue.

-Lahk kf klos kne?

-Reaar, tak kkkrggse  tk wa

Movement again, is it? I...I am not moving, cannot move no. Carried, yes being carried, thrown in...where? Still so dark. Around...objects, broken...Am I...broken?
Light at last, flashing orange lights and...something else, movement? A crash, distant explosion, screams, siren, a long dull noise, so tired but must...must move. Corridors, seemingly endless corridors full of corpses, blood all around and...a window! At last this...this is a spaceship.
Found things in here...some useless, some...helpful, energy cells, repair kits, I was damaged but not anymore, time...time to escape, hear, hear rumbling, lights failing more often now.
A capsule, one of the few left, nothing more than a metal cylinder with an engine but it should do, it's aimed at the planet, as good a place to escape as any, rumbling growing louder.
Flight...no, not flight, fall, difficult, but here I am, landed in a heavily overgrown area, seems safe, can see some buildings in the distance. A beacon! Not sure how but...I can repair it, plenty of parts around but the area seems abbandoned, curious.
Attacked, fur covered, four legged beasts...sharp teeth, injured again but chased them away with a piece of sharpened pipe, now the beacon, few last wires and perhaps, perhaps someone is listening...Darkness again, fall again, nothing.

-Welcome back Tenno, you were close but I managed to restore your life functions, I am Lotus and I shall be your guide.

Design

UPDATE:

A full armor design including a new helmet (possibly default) 'Formicid'

Scarab_Concept.png

Sorry about the quality being what it is, combined scan of it with some digital colouring. Project is by no means final still hoping for input (and if someone more artistically gifted took interest in it Im certain it could look bit less like a digimon)

Concept for a helmet, inspired by samurai helmets.

34j9dt0.png

Stats (Updated to more resemble exoskeleton, thanks Rekkou):

Health – Low (75)
Shield – High (150)
Armour – Low-Medium (30)
Speed – 1.0
Energy 100

Polarities (Input from someone who can figure out right balance for that will be appreciated)
(?)

Powers

Sabotage
Scarab throws a sack full of insects that fall on enemies in the area and crawl onto their weapons. Enemies are electrocuted the moment they attempt to fire / use abilities.
Note: Meant as mostly paralyzing / crowd control power.

Chitin Sweep
Scarab steals part of armour and resistances of an enemy and adds it to his own for a limited time.
Note: Probably not useable on bosses, affected enemies lose part of their armour for the duration.

Tick / Parasite
Scarab burrows into an enemy with both sets of arms to achieve control. He controls the enemy at reduced movement/attack speed until enemy is killed or time runs out. Controlled enemy serves as a shield from all attacks except from behind.
Note: Once again not useable on bosses.

Sticky Mandibles / Burrow
Scarab summons insects burrowing from underground that launch on enemies making them drop extra loot and damaging, if an enemy dies insect moves on to the next until killed.
Note: Insects cause an extra roll at loot table similiar to desacrate but while they're still alive, killed enemies still drop loot as usual.

Alternative Powers

Locust
Scarab opens up part of his armour to release a cloud of locust that will absorb enemy shield and distribute it among teammates in the area. If an enemy has no shield or it has been depleted locust will deal reduced damage to the flesh.
Note: Armour will further reduce damage. This would go well with overall trend of power 4 being a big AoE but not sure which of the main ones could be sacrificed.

Any input regarding stats, powers or general role Scarab could fill are greatly appreciated.

Also planning to include some backstory on the frame possibly making the tenno using it a deserter from the Old War who survived for a time sneaking around grineer ships stealing whatever he could use.

Edited by (PS4)Merrowing

If you want to emulate beetle exoskeleton in stats, you can use high shield and low health. Armor will increase your effective health, but if you don't have much health in the first place, there won't be any significant increase.

• 2 weeks later...