Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinel Feedback

CubedOobleck

I'll premise by saying that sentinels are clearly a work in progress and it's natural they are still lacking in many aspects, so I'm sorry if this feedback boils down to a wish list :\

The first thing I want to address are the attack patterns mods, I think they are something too crucial to be sentinel-specific: Revenge, Warrior and any other attack pattern DE might be preparing should work on every sentinel, after all the damage depends on the weapon of the sentinel, not the type of precept used. Basic Ideas for attack patterns:

- only targets damaged units

- only attacks to protect its self

- only targets armored/shielded units

- only targets units weak to fire/electricity

- only targets melee/ranged units

- only attacks when player is busy (i.e. hacking a console)

Well we actually need more precepts powers, it would be nice to have at least 2 sentinel-specific powers and more utility ones that all sentinels can use. Just throwing out some ideas now:
Wyrm - slightly boosts damage when a tougher enemy is in range.
Shade - temporarily shuts down consoles if an enemy tried to sound an alert.
All - if you run out of ammo, it collects all the cartridges in range.
All - Thief's Wit and Enemy Radar could be mods for sentinels.
All - some Flow equivalent for sentinels (not sure if they work by cooldown though).

The Ghost precept is it is too advantageous in a head-on battle as you can simply stop shooting to become invisible, coupled with Guardian you are basically immortal, but I'm not sure how to avoid or reduce this exploit without ruining the precept. I also think takedowns should uncloak you, so that Loki's Invisibility and Ash's smokescreen regain some of their importance in stealth kills. And please don't say that then Ghost would be useless, stealth is about going unnoticed first, killing unnoticed second.

I think that one of the big flaws of the sentinels right now is that they are not affected by skills that affect the owner. Skills like Smokescreen, invisibility, Iron skin and Link are limited the most by this flaw and it wouldn't hurt if Shield Polarize also affected a sentinel when you use it on its owner.

In the last livestream DE hinted that more sentinels were being worked on and if they intend to make more than just a couple I think that they should lower the price of the BP from 100K to 50K or 75K because as more options open up players will want to have more than one sentinel to fit their load outs just like we all have many weapons. On the other hand they could require more resources to build.

I also think that DE needs to add a way to know how much health, shield and energy rating our sentinels have left while in game, so that players can use them more efficiently.

The 2 sentinel guns seems almost placeholders and they don't even have their own image so I will wait until they flesh them out more before commenting on them. I'll just say I hope they remain sentinel-specific as they are now.

Melee feedback - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/26007-melee-feedback/?p=234551

Stalker feedabck - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/21751-stalker-feedback/

Enemy feedback - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/41123-enemy-feedback/

Fusion Core feedback - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/32773-fusion-core-feedback/?p=298534

Minor UI issues - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/19436-ui-many-minor-issues/

Edited by CubedOobleck

Blessing seems to be the only power that affects sentinels.

Affects friendly players and their sentinels.

^ Wiki info.

I feel that the attack patterns are fine, the two we have cover all bases essentially. And it's pretty clear that Shade is meant for stealth, so his attack pattern will keep you hidden (Since he won't shoot unaware enemies.) And Wyrm is meant to be your wingman, the amount of grineer melee fighters he's stunned so I can get out of the way numbers in the dozens.

However, since these two sentinels cover combat -and- stealth, and their weapons can be modded...there's not much room for more sentinel types.

Except perhaps Tank variants. A healer variant would seem quite redundant with all the current ways to stay alive.

They could have a scavenger/engineer sentinel that boosts shields like the ospreys, picks up ammo and other drops, and marks important items on the minimap, something full support along those lines would be interesting.

it collects all the cartridges in range.

Thief's Wit and Enemy Radar could be mods for sentinels.

This.

There is a logistic place to take in greater overall utility for sentinels.

Utiltarian sentinels should be a staple, it would allow frame slots to be used for power/defensive mods and weapons' to be used for attack ones.

-"DE needs to add a way to know how much health, shield and energy rating our sentinels have left while in game, so that players can use them more efficiently"-

This i agree would be very nice,

would also be nice if picking up a health sphere/using a health pack from inventory would also heal your sentinel..

-" Wyrm is meant to be your wingman, the amount of grineer melee fighters he's stunned so I can get out of the way numbers in the dozens"-

Really?.. never ONCE have i seen the area stun have any effect on any enemy ever,..

What i have seen though, is wyrm using it when theres absolutly NO enemy in sight 80% of the time hes using it.....I think its very bugged atm.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

*bump*

Another thing that would be nice to have: Command your Sentinel to take cover (e.g. behind your back), for example to recover shields or when you take cover yourself. It doesn't make much sense when you take cover behind a crate since you're overrun, and your sentinel still hovers over you, takes all the damage and blows up.