Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hysteria's Finishers Are Not Using Damage Multipliers

PsycloneM

With the latest hotfix, Hysteria has gained the custom finisher animations that were teased during past devstreams. However, similar to how certain finisher animations are not producing consistent damage values for specific weapon types, Hysteria is no longer using damage multipliers for finisher damage calculations.

Prior to the update, Hysteria's finishers dealt four times the normal attack damage as finisher damage. Considering that melee weapons use a product of the weapon's innate finisher multiplier and stealth attack multiplier to determine finisher damage, Hysteria's finishers seemed to be lacking in damage. Unlike melee weapons, Hysteria does not have its own innate finisher multiplier. So while melee weapons deal 12x, 16x, or 24x of the weapon's total damage, Hysteria's finishers would deal 4 x ( 300 + 1.75 x power strength x base weapon damage ).

As of now, Hysteria's finishers simply deal the normal attack damage without the 4x multiplier. Just to be clear, I'm referring to stealth finishers and counterattack finishers.

With the Jat Kittag, +280% base damage, and +30% power strength, Hysteria's normal attacks will deal 300 + 1.75 x 1.3 x 80 x 3.8 = 991 damage. Here's what I'm seeing:

Counterattack finisher (front)

Counterattack finisher (rear)

Stealth finisher damage is also inconsistent. Disregarding critical damage, I'll either get "991" in normal damage font or "3964" in yellow font. The latter of which indicates that the 4x stealth multiplier is being used in the calculation.

To summarize:

• Hysteria's stealth and counterattack finishers, while no longer using Furax animations, are not yielding consistent damage values. Counterattack finishers are not using the 4x stealth attack multiplier in their calculations, and stealth finishers do not always use the 4x stealth attack multiplier in their calculations.
  • In the past, Hysteria did not have its own innate finisher damage multiplier. So while Hysteria's finishers would deal 4x damage, the finishers of melee weapons deal 12x, 16x, or 24x damage. I wanted to bring this up in case this was unintended.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...