Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Expand The Sigils As A Syndicate Tool.

Kinperor

Hey there,

As many must know by now, it isn't possible to wear two sigils at the same time on a frame. 

I think we should be able to wear more than one Syndicate sigil at once, and thought about a few ways to implement this and to maybe make it interesting:

First implementation: Letting us wear two different sigils from the same Syndicate, with no bonus in gains.  I don't think much justification is needed for that one: I have two sigils from Loka and I like them, so why wouldn't I be able to show my allegiance twice? If bonuses are implemented for higher-tiers of Sigils, we can just use the highest bonus and suppress the other. This is merely an aesthetic change and there would be no benefit to wearing more than one Sigil from the same Syndicate. 

Second implementation: Letting us wear two sigils from the same/different Syndicate, but second sigil place a ressources toll. As it may be obvious by the current Viver phenomena, many people would like to gain standing faster, and it got me thinking that standing shouldn't be only about affinity. What I suggest is to apply the Dark Sector's toll system to the sigil, allowing players to trade resource gains for standing gains. Could include credits or just resource. This suggestion is distinct from the one above in the sense that there is both a drawback and a bonus for using it, whereas the previous one is mostly about aesthetic with no change otherwise. 

Third implementation: Adding "Nega" sigils as a drop from the Death Squads sent by rivaling Syndicates. I am basically suggesting we add a sigil that shows an opposition to a faction, rather than support for another one. It would be implemented visually as a 'broken' or otherwise vandalized basic Sigil from the enemy Syndicate, and the Standing won with this sigil would be negative and would be a reward from killing a death squad.

So contrary to the current sigils where we get positive standing as a main effect and negative standing as a side effect, the nega-sigils would give negative standing as a main effect and positive gains as a side effect. 

Fourth implementation: Odd alliance sigils which suppress Standing loss with one or more faction. Whereas the third suggested implementation is about giving the Tenno an extremist position (IE 200% support for Loka, -200% support for Suda), this "odd alliance" sigil would limit standing loss in a specific Syndicate, and the Tenno would have a positive relation with both but with diminishing return.

So with this sigil, I express the following sentiment: "Hey I like Loka a lot and support Perrin on the side, but I want to stay on the cool side of Arbiters even when helping Perrin".

I don't know how exactly the 'odd' sigil would work in terms of whether it would completely negate bad reputation or only limit it, but I think it would be an interesting way to flesh out the Tenno character.  

Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment or ask questions. 

I think the first implementation is a great idea. It also solves Steve's problem that a player might not like the look of a higher level sigil and be forced to use it because it offers mor points. In this scenario, you could wear the high level one, make it invisible, and then the low level one that you like the looks of. It's a great idea.

The third implementation sounds neat too. I also had thought the hit squads should drop sigils, but your idea of negative sigils sounds really interesting. I'd love to see it implemented~

These sound like good ideas. I really like the idea about the opposition sigils.

These are some great ideas man nice work

Thanks.

I think the first implementation is a great idea. It also solves Steve's problem that a player might not like the look of a higher level sigil and be forced to use it because it offers mor points. In this scenario, you could wear the high level one, make it invisible, and then the low level one that you like the looks of. It's a great idea.

The third implementation sounds neat too. I also had thought the hit squads should drop sigils, but your idea of negative sigils sounds really interesting. I'd love to see it implemented~

Ditto. The Nega sigils would make for some more advanced roleplay as well as giving more options to earn reputation.