Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I Don't Like The New Forums

noveltyhero

Hey guys,

So new update to forums came and the wallpapers and quality of deliverance was absolutely excellent, what wasn't excellent however was the design choice. That was the biggest irk with everyone.

I have an LED backlight Samsung monitor-known for having problems with bright stuff being extra brighter on this monitor (Great for playing games due to awareness but horrible when going on completely white pages)..

As soon as I refreshed I got blinded and derped for 5 minutes, but back to the point, the reason why people didn't like it is because it didn't follow the base rules required for designing a webpage.

Now it was mostly a reskin so layout and all of those wasn't an issue but legibility certainly was and that entire screen felt eye hurting because when you tried to read text you normally would it was heavily contrasted by the background.

However I do appreciate the "prime" feeling of the forums, it really feels like a new warframe. As Steve said this January, Warframe 2.0 coming and it certainly has come a long way but there are some limitations we have to keep in mind.

Any who Drew gave word on this but I just wanted to put out my side of it :/

PS. I am talking in past tense because I've fixed the issue on my end with a great theme I personally love using and will probably stick with it

Available themes: 

Red theme: https://forums.warfr...rk-in-progress/

Blue theme: https://forums.warfr...ame-dark-again/

Did you even read the threads talking about how to fix the light background?

No but on my end I fixed it by making it darker, with a filter on top, works well IMO :/

all u peeps complaining about the same, but i bet u dont mind spending hours in facebook, nor mind all the whiteness when ur there.

I use dark themes wherever possible brah...

Again, I fixed it on my end guys:

rbz7ls.jpg

Also Facebook doesn't have its major links all in white too, but I do have irks with their messenger app so I avoid it as much as possible :/