Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Katana Weapon That Replaces The Primary And Sword

V45H

Do people want a traditional katana, or a katana with traditional elements? I was going to work on a 3D model of a traditional katana and see if the game would use it :)

I would like a katana that does not deviate too much from the katana style while still being a unique and cool looking weapon

I would suggest modeling a simple and normal katana, then let your creativity guide you from then on :D

i would love a traditional influenced "modern" katana. and i dont care if it is meeleslot+primaryslot or just meele, i dont care.

i just NEED a Katana for my Ash! would be soooo awesome!

i second that idea! hell yeah!

I'd really love a laido-style sword-and-sheath combo, even if it wasn't a primary. Tapping E could do a quick flurry of up to three powerful slashes before the sword returns to the sheath, and you could hold E to do a Metal Gear Rising-style charged attack from the sheath.

Lore-wise, it could be that the sword is really powerful due to an energy blade or something, but it uses up so much battery power it has to return to the sheath to recharge from the warframe's reactor really often.

swordwip0028.jpg

swordwip0028red.jpg

I'm not the best 3D artist, but this is what I came up with. Certain traditional parts are missing (Mekugi Pins and Menugi Ornaments). What do you all think?

DUDE THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I HAD IN MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(sorry for the over enthusiasm and punctuation)

I dig the sheath, but personally I think the stats are.. well, strong.

well i would like it to replace the primary all together withso it uses 2 slots and this could be conpensated by a hard to obtain method such as the prime gear in void ex the latron prime

Edited by V45H

DUDE THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I HAD IN MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(sorry for the over enthusiasm and punctuation)

Lol its ok. I'm actually working a few things around. I added light diodes instead in the handle. Same effect, but you can see where the light is generating from. I'm also working on a lotus themes tsuba (hand guard) to fit into the game better.

If you like Katanas and japanese culture's influences to this game, please have a look at my topic: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/23437-tenno-sitting-animation-is-wrong-trad-jap-zazen/

In my opinion, there could be a warframe matching to this katana, that has abilities similar to Vergil from Devil May Cry. You know what I mean? :D

Edited by Herr2maZ

i have to admit it would be nice to see like a tenno katana crafted for only them to use that look like it had japanese origin a blade wave attack would be cool for the frames being of asian origin there are not a lot of asian based swords like a katana the skana i can't really put into a katana category a shealth for like swords would be cool

Samurais have the swords on the left side, signifies vigilance or something i forgot, Ninjas have it on their back because if they were running fast in the woods the sheath will hit their leg and they might trip (sure it wont happen a lot but it still will so it counts). plus it would look awkward to have Scindo or Fragor or Gram or Polearm to be on the side right? But with regards to the charge attack, it will eliminate the need for the excalibur warframe seeing as how other frames will be overpowering the excalibur's ability to use sword techniques as well as ash does. Cool idea for the katana though it needs less flashy flashy technical things, just keep it simple like the skana so it doesnt look too shabby like the Mire does >_<

Samurais have the swords on the left side, signifies vigilance or something i forgot, Ninjas have it on their back because if they were running fast in the woods the sheath will hit their leg and they might trip (sure it wont happen a lot but it still will so it counts). plus it would look awkward to have Scindo or Fragor or Gram or Polearm to be on the side right? But with regards to the charge attack, it will eliminate the need for the excalibur warframe seeing as how other frames will be overpowering the excalibur's ability to use sword techniques as well as ash does. Cool idea for the katana though it needs less flashy flashy technical things, just keep it simple like the skana so it doesnt look too shabby like the Mire does >_<

all valid points BUT DID YOU READ THE ORIGINAL POST?

its held in the hand not attached to the leg, and it wont over power excalibur.

if balanced properly no stats are final becuase they arent up to us.

edit

and actualy it would compliment excalibur's style really well .-.

Edited by V45H

Not sure about the carbon fiber (Solid shades of color rather than textures look really good with the weapons of the game)

lotus2katana.jpg

lotus2katana2.jpg

OMG you did it! It looks f**king awesome! I love you :)

Is it possible to turn the texture a bit? Maybe it looks better if the fiber has the same direction as the rings.

Depends on how the Katana actually is worn. I prefer the solution from Devil May Cry 3. A foldable weapon would also solve this problem.

Made a fast sketch to visualize my ideas (sorry I f**ked up the last one :D)

images-i238137bw3ly1.jpg

i agree if there would be some warframes which cant choose meele weapons, firstly he could youse his katana like meele, but like 1power buff katana, 2 long range slash like from dmc, 3 power, teleport slash or somekind of antgravity when you could walk on anysurface verticaly and drop on your enemy, 4 some kind of demonic samurai amors would come you become invulnarable for 15(ofcourse this would be more rhino power)

as for game where is ninjas/samurai

i am not saying that game is bad, its goodd .but it doesnt feel that you would play as ninjas

mass effect3(kaileng, and 2mp)

ninja gaiden

mortal kombat(scorpion)

tekken(yoshimitsu sorry if i writted wrong)

metal gear

shinobi

Edited by godila2