Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hitscan Weapons Being Able To Be Fired Behind Walls

Burns2PvP

Hello, For those who do not know me, I am deadinflict. I am with Ion Deluge at this time and I have been playing WF for well over a year.

I will be putting a mass of posts into general, I will request a community mod sort and select where these go because I have to type out a bulk. Thank you for your time.

The trick, every conclaver abuses..

Hitscan weapons (Vectis, Soma, Ect.) are able to be shot while your warframe is full behind a wall. They hit wherever the curser / aimer is.

Not that may feel like nothing to not have to show yourself, but try shooting someone who hides behind a wall and is able to shoot you at any given second from behind any given wall..

Gets pretty annoying right? ( I now know why we are tenno scum.. )

Picture Proof/Replication on the matter..

Hide behind a wall, make sure your WF is behind the wall but you can see past the wall to the right (Or left using H).

Aim and get your cursers on someone, Fire.

You will hit them if its a hitscan, WAOOOOW...

I can confirm this. If the actual barrel of the gun is behind a wall but the crosshair is on the target beyond the wall, you can still hit the target. This can't be done with travel time style guns.

This means hit scan weapons also have an easier time hitting enemies right next to you, since the barrel may be ahead of them.

I can confirm this. If the actual barrel of the gun is behind a wall but the crosshair is on the target beyond the wall, you can still hit the target. This can't be done with travel time style guns.

This means hit scan weapons also have an easier time hitting enemies right next to you, since the barrel may be ahead of them.

I also get tired of standing pointblank with your curser on them when its not a hitscan and shooting straight past them. They should either make their cursers be true on all weapons or all false on others.

They're called hitscan for a reason. The game only checks for the crosshair and the applies the damage to the point and around it depending on accuracy

Either way, it shouldn't be where its inconsistant. It is unfair and unlogical, sure its a videogame but when you have to guess now, "Hmm.. is this a hitscan or not.." is when it gets retarted to adust your accuracy 24/7 to try and figure.

... I can understand his point, since hit-scan weapons are "working as intended"... But despite them being hit-scan weapons, they're actually firing high speed "projectiles", because if the distance is large enough you -still- have to lead the target to be able to hit the targets properly... The thing is fixed properly if they simply change from hit-scan type to projectile type... If necessary, just rename the current projectile type to "Low Speed Projectiles" and then change the hit-scan type to "High Speed Projectiles"... the checks used for the projectiles are the same everywhere... if there's an obstacle between the firing spot and the target, it doesn't pass...

... Leading the target in order to hit your bullets is the easiest thing to do, even if they're bows. so, leading the target with high speed projectiles is even easier. Its like 'Hit-Scan' but with obstacle analysis subroutines...

... if hit-scans are a problem on PvP, just use something with 2m to 5m of Punch Through... that's why those don't work on me. Taking advantage of the hit-scan system to shoot through walls is irrelevant.

... Also, there is absolutely no reason for this to be reported as a bug, when related to PvE missions, because enemies show themselves in order to shoot at you. So, I'm guessing the reason for this to be reported as a bug is because of Solar Rail Conflicts and/or Conclaves...

... I can understand his point, since hit-scan weapons are "working as intended"... But despite them being hit-scan weapons, they're actually firing high speed "projectiles", because if the distance is large enough you -still- have to lead the target to be able to hit the targets properly... The thing is fixed properly if they simply change from hit-scan type to projectile type... If necessary, just rename the current projectile type to "Low Speed Projectiles" and then change the hit-scan type to "High Speed Projectiles"... the checks used for the projectiles are the same everywhere... if there's an obstacle between the firing spot and the target, it doesn't pass...

... Leading the target in order to hit your bullets is the easiest thing to do, even if they're bows. so, leading the target with high speed projectiles is even easier. Its like 'Hit-Scan' but with obstacle analysis subroutines...

... if hit-scans are a problem on PvP, just use something with 2m to 5m of Punch Through... that's why those don't work on me. Taking advantage of the hit-scan system to shoot through walls is irrelevant.

... Also, there is absolutely no reason for this to be reported as a bug, when related to PvE missions, because enemies show themselves in order to shoot at you. So, I'm guessing the reason for this to be reported as a bug is because of Solar Rail Conflicts and/or Conclaves...

2-5m punchthrough is standard. If you say that, I want to redirect you to what fighting a conclaver looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfwTtaQ2f44

Now with this said, they can atleast make it so it shoots from the body like a projectile at an intense speed to it gets stopped by the obstacle infront of them instead of whereever the curser is, this is why I put it down. Its not nessarily a bug, but it deffinitely should be revamped or fixed seeing as they have more manpower than they did when 'hitscan' was first made.