Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another Desecrate Replacement Idea (Stealth)

MotherofHermes

Remove desecrate. it's not that fun of an ability. 

Give nekros invisibility. chance on kill to drop hp orbs during. yup.

nekros becomes grim reaper frame. nekros can better choose targets for shadows of the dead. nekros can "leach life" through the dropped hp orbs.

he can even go "boo" with terrify. SoTD eats stray bullets.

soul punch.....well that might have to be reworked to be just a blast proc instead of the ragdoll for finish stealth damage. yeah.

would be cool i think. thoughts?

Well I still like that desecrate gives me each ammo/energy orbs

Dont get me wrong as my current build require health orbs so this would not change much

But its an already ability.

So.. how does it work? You just press the button and for X seconds every kill you get might drop an orb?

The only reason I am kinda meh about that is because there are already so many ways to get health already that this one kinda falls off the chart to me Also wouldn't this just e abused as people would just use the invisibility spam like a Loki?

ok..

desecrate is not meant to be fun its mainly a utility. i want you to find ether a pluto survival or T4 (with/without a group) then survive past 30.

of course without nekros.

the goal of nekros is that he is a necromancer/dark arts practitioner something in common with both of these practices are the fact the disturb (desecrate) corpses to do as they wish with them. 

as stated above nekros's desecrate is a utility. it makes enemies drop health/energy orbs it also re-rolls their drop tables so you get a chance for more drops like mods, resources, oberon parts (aka credits), BEACONS (ALL OF THE VEY HEK), life support and power cells. 

now invisibility... come on man. nekros is a NEKromancer not a trickster, not a full ninja (ash). 

now

INB4 flamers 3AbdRlN.gif 

%7Boption%7D

Well I still like that desecrate gives me each ammo/energy orbs

Dont get me wrong as my current build require health orbs so this would not change much

But its an already ability.

So.. how does it work? You just press the button and for X seconds every kill you get might drop an orb?

The only reason I am kinda meh about that is because there are already so many ways to get health already that this one kinda falls off the chart to me Also wouldn't this just e abused as people would just use the invisibility spam like a Loki?

an invisible ninja death god that rerolls loot tables while invisible and summons an army of undead while terrifying the enemy and then running them down with a melee weapon doesn't sound awesome to you?

besides. a re-imagining of theme is common in most games where reworks happen. 

by the way. Nekros' name is derived from the greek work necro meaning literally "death" as such his theme can easily be changed to a shadow hunter/reaper frame. 

an invisible ninja death god that rerolls loot tables while invisible and summons an army of undead while terrifying the enemy and then running them down with a melee weapon doesn't sound awesome to you?

besides. a re-imagining of theme is common in most games where reworks happen. 

by the way. Nekros' name is derived from the greek work necro meaning literally "death" as such his theme can easily be changed to a shadow hunter/reaper frame. 

Necromancers are meant to control the dead, and their corpses. Necromancers are masters of the dark arts, not masters of Illusion. They're not even supposed to be remotely connected to any form of illusion. 

Nekros is a death frame. 

Loki is a trickster frame, meant to trick, deceive, and control the enemies with illusions.

Ash is a damage based frame that is able to cover himself in a shroud of smoke, a classic 'ninja' idea.

See the point? Nekros is a support frame, not a damage dealing frame or trickster frame. Invisibility does not even remotely belong to Nekros, or the death-controlling nature of his theme.