Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cuchulainn (New Warframe Idea)

Mizque

Kubrow and Tenno have worked together for aeons, dating back to the Orokin era, but no Tenno can get more out of his faithful companion than Cuchulainn.  A master of hounds and group tactics, Cuchulainn bolsters the power of Kubrow in his vicinity and easily coordinates attacks between them and his squad.

Name: Cuchulainn

Health: 125

Shield: 50

Armor: 50

Power: 125

Stamina: 10

Special: Kubrow Bolster - Kubrow Companions have 10% extra Health/Shield while Cuchulainn is in the squad

Abilities

Command: A versatile ability, when used to target an Enemy it becomes Attack Command, summoning two Kubrow to attack the target until either they, or it, dies.  When used on the ground any Sahasa in the area will dig at the location. Targeting an allied Tenno will cause a Huras to cloak that Tenno if shields are full, if they are not instead a Raksa will attempt to restore shields.  If used on a Capture Target a Sunika will immediately use it's Unleashed ability on it.  If none of the needed Kubrow are in the squad a Random kubrow of the appropriate type will use the given ability.

Guard: When this ability is used two Kubrow are summoned to defend the specified Tenno/Location for a duration.  Additionally Squad members within an area of the Guard Target get boosted shields and armor.

Seek: Summons two specialty seeker kubrow which hunt down and take out the two closest enemy, and bring back anything dropped by those enemy to Chuchulainn.  Additionally any enemy 'spotted' by these two Kubrow's is marked and takes extra damage for a duration.

Pack Tactics: Increases movement speed, attack speed and stamina regen of Squad members/Kubrow while active.  After the buff ends all Squad members/Kubrow regen Health and Energy based on the number of kills during the buff portion of the ability.  Can be reactivated early to cause the Heal and Energy proc more quickly

-Edit-

Tweaked Command, Guard, and Seek.

Edited by Llyr

Moved to Fan Concepts.

Ah, sorry my bad on that, didn't note this grouping on the forum

Isn't that the name of a guy from Irish mythology?

Yes, it's the name of 'The Hound of Culann', fitting for the concept, no?

Isn't that the name of a guy from Irish mythology?

Yes

Its certainly an interesting concept, but with everything focused around Kubrows it can be a bit limiting.

1. If solo and the player does not have a Kubrow first two skills are useless.

2. Only certain missions have feral or enemy kubrow.

3. Commanding the squads pets can be a bit invasive. If I was to run off and have my companion follow, it won't because of skill 2 being used.

I suggest to keep with the theme kubrows are called / summoned then leave after duration / action completed. You can then add kickers to skills that have additional effects on nearby kubrows, as long as they don't inconvenience other players.

Seek: enemies don't really hide so much, and the Aura already does that, minus damage increase

Edited by Lightsmith

Yes

Its certainly an interesting concept, but with everything focused around Kubrows it can be a bit limiting.

1. If solo and the player does not have a Kubrow first two skills are useless.

2. Only certain missions have feral or enemy kubrow.

3. Commanding the squads pets can be a bit invasive. If I was to run off and have my companion follow, it won't because of skill 2 being used.

I suggest to keep with the theme kubrows are called / summoned then leave after duration / action completed. You can then add kickers to skills that have additional effects on nearby kubrows, as long as they don't inconvenience other players.

Seek: enemies don't really hide so much, and the Aura already does that, minus damage increase

Seek was mainly to aid in Stealth themed missions so you don't have one guy you didn't notice trip the alarm right away, and I could see the other abilities as being slightly Invasive, however it would allow you to be able to rely better on Kubrow using their abilities.  The summons thing however, I hadn't thought of, that's a grand idea, I'm going to edit that in some.

Edited by Llyr

I agree on Kubrows, having to rez, DNA stabilization has always turned me off of Kubrows, plus nothing can compete with carrier's vacuum.

But as a theme it has potential.

I think Kubrows have alot of potential it's just they are still so new that bugs are being worked out on them, that aside, this is about the warframe concept idea I had here, so please give feed back on that, and thank you for at least trying to stay constructive about it.

as a Fate fan i am disappointed that one of his abilities isn't named Gae Bolg and instantly kills anything you target with the ability regardless if it is in invincibility frames or protected by a bubble or a icy D20. 

So, your disappointed that I did try to make a balanced frame in hopes that it might pick up enough steam to maybe be at least slightly drawn from for the game?

Hmm, had a thought for apearance, maybe a more canine like head shape and he wears a feral kubrow pelt with the head portion fitted over his head?  It's a bit....barbaric but it fits the theme.  May try to draw up a rough concept art here in the future.

No, it has nothing to do with Rengar, and other than the name nothing on here is similar to that predator wanna-be cat.  Secondly I don't appreciate the implication you are putting forth with that with your post.  The reason for the name is due to the offensive buff it gives followed by a heal based on the number of things you kill while the buff is active

• 6 years later...
В 10.02.2015 в 19:13, Mizque сказал:

So, your disappointed that I did try to make a balanced frame in hopes that it might pick up enough steam to maybe be at least slightly drawn from for the game?

It may have been just a joke, yeah. But now that joke inspired a Spear Warframe concept in me-

• 2 months later...