Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow's Scavenge Ai Is Still Horrible, Also Kubrow Going Through Floor While Scavenging

Icebreccer

So with the credit weekend going on and I want to farm some credits while running T4Survival. Take my Kubrow with Scavenge and try to loot the caches.

First of all Kubrow takes almost forever to find the cache I want him to pry open. He walks in circles or just stands there doing nothing. I have to get in front of the cache myself and stand/wiggle there for ages to get him finally scratch the cache.

Secondly the Kubrow sometimes drops through the floor after he has scavenged. I've only tested this in Void, but it happens a LOT there.

Thirdly is it intentional that caches that I've tried to open with Master Thief suddenly become unscavengable for the Kubrows? I find it somewhat ridiculous that Tenno trying to picklock a cache will prevent Kubrow from forcing it open.

I know that the Kubrows have a lot of more AI issues, but this is one of them :3

Also, I was going to make a post adding this, but my friend and I were in some T2 Ext. and we both had scavenging Kubrows and were able to make them both try and open a single locker. However, whenever they did sync, it would open then (green) but then "lock" again but could still be opened.

With that being said, the syncing process somehow messed up and even though he and I were on opposite sides of the map whenever one of our Kubrows would open a locker, the others' would teleport to the locker to try and open it.

• 3 weeks later...

Me and my friend have the same problem, our Kubrows run away from us while in a fight, to teleport across the map to go help my friends Kubrow openening a locker.

I (solved) the kubrow not going for the lockers near to it by holding crouch in a locker room the entire time, this increases the chance of it going for nearby lockers as the kubrow will walk slower while I crouch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My issue with the scavange is a bit more cosmetic than actual problem... I have a male huras lvl 12, and when he scavanges a locker, he stands a little away from the actual box and basicaly scratches the air, or stands facing away from the locker and scratches the air...

Quick +1 on scavenging Kubrow falling through the fall while scavenging.

I particularly get this on Europa ice maps inside the portacabin buildings. Kubrow stands up to break open the cabinet, slips through the floor, completes the breaking (which may or may not succeed) then is stuck beneath the floor requiring that I run away 'til he telespawns next to me.

I think it mainly happens when there's space below the floor where the cabinets are located (i.e. an elevated floor above the actual terrain surface).