Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee Sonar Bug

Primalcore

Banshee's sonar is and has always been bugged. Please fix.

I cannot get the damage bonus(with/without) on marked targets while not being the host.

The weak spot is highlighted, the augment works. Everything functions as it should but the damage is not there. 0 damage increase.

This has been a problem since the beginning of time and im surprised no one has brought it up yet. Most likely due to her unpopularity.

This is the build I use:

http://goo.gl/QrX50L

In games where im not the host, if i'm lucky i get a tiny damage boost from 9k-30k, otherwise i would be just hitting them for regular damage with no increase with perfect aim.

I hosted a void by myself to test this "host-theory" and it was true. I get consistent damage figures from 50k-70k - and 770k(red crits)

Please fix this guys, it has been like this for so long.

Edited by Primalcore

I never notice it because everything dies in one shot anyway, and the game always picks me as host (even though the game lags horribly for other people if I host lol).

Lotus plays Banshee often, if she hasn't noticed it then it's probably like I said, it has little consequence due to enemies dying quickly already so Sonar isn't even necessary most of the time.

Follow-up: I tried two missions just now as Client, consciously spamming Sonar, and none of us were getting any damage bonus. Talked to one other Banshee user and they said they use Sonar more to see where targets are, and don't do it for the damage. Kind of a flimsy way to support my above theory, but there it is lol.

I play Banshee a lot and I have never really noticed this issue.  There are some times when an enemies arms whilst holding a weapon can block the Sonar spot completely.  However, even when I am laggy, I notice I will get the damage buff, but the ticks may not come in until a few seconds later.  
It also may be a refresh issues rate with the host, when the sonar appears for you (while playing Banshee when you cast) but Sonar has not registered on host side, meaning the effect appears for you but it has no effect.  I would try casting it and waiting a few seconds to see if it then takes effect, maybe just doing a few tests.

• 2 weeks later...