Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maria - The Puppet Warframe (Multipul Art Updates)

--NovaPrime--

ZH1DDGX.jpg

t5r3nd.jpg

the concept for her is simple, she is a master puppeteer whos skill and strings are deadly as they are rouseing (caster/support)

Passives:

3% chance to "dodge" (enemies basicly just miss alittle more)

25% faster stamina regeneragion and slower depletion when no primary weapon equiped

when "knocked down" immeditely recover even if mid air

1 - Danceing In The Blitz Cost-25

Waltzing forward she throws her out forward to one enemy in a range of 15/20/22/25

wrapping them around them before pulling them and swinging them

around in a cresent and launching them behind for 100/125/150/300 impact damage

2- War Dance Cost-50

Litterly takeing time out to dance in the heat of battle to

give an attack, energy regen & movement speed buff 25/27/30/33%

to all allies in range 15/20/22/25

(diffrent animation sets for diffrent dances like agiles being a break dance

and noble being a walts/foxtront and normal being a salsa~? )

3-  Feather Step cost-25

Throwing her strings in an arch infront of her slashing all before them

cutting all in a small cone AoE infront of her as she advances 2-4 large steps & Slashes

dependingon Duration mods "so duration effects the range as well" 150/225/400/500

each step is about 5m and takes 0.33s

4- Dance of Death Cost-50

Maria falls lifeless upon the floor almost faining death untill she rises 

almost lifted by the strings as enemys in a large AoE around her are forced to dance

almost by invsable strings thier bodys moveing in unnatural ways causeing them to take

low sustained damage over time untill Maria is fully risen and all enemys in the aera take

massive damage as thier bodys twist and flex in a way only a puppets should

Tick Damage: 75/100/125/150 per second

End Damage: 800/1000/1200/1500

Range: 8/12/16/20

Duration: 8/8/8/8 (this is more the legth of the animation i think and can only be reduced with natural talent)

Some Base Stats (rank30):

Health: 240

Sheilds: 300

Energy: 225

Armor:450 (insane i know but while haveing just under adverage status i still wanted to give her thqan in human tanky feel)

Sprint Speed : 1.2~?

Edited by iscofield

yeah that is because i had to email it to myself from my ipod since that was my only camera i hae to send it to soeone on kik then have the email it to me cause that makes it larger for some reason.... ipods are wierd dude but i will get the largerversion at latest toorrow~

Fun fact: Did you know that mirage was originally supposed to be a puppet warframe? Her alternate helmet is the original appearance of such puppet warframe, mirage's original appearance was given a puppet laying beside her back

then i am sure MariaXMirage will be the best of friends~ XD i feel i chose puppet is only half correct since  a danceing puppet is really the insperation herelike a marionet

Edited by iscofield

augments are a way off~ but i like the idea, my personal idea i'm not usre how to implment it since it would be VERY nique and require premade or atleast a co-oradinated Duo partner which is... reasnoable at times but i want to make an augment specificly to combo with limbo where danceing in the blitz hurls the enemy into the limbo realm so limbo can kill it  or ull it out so she can kill it, and calling it  "String Theory". hoe ever shes don't have mastery of this like limbo would so perhaps she can only use it if they are in diffrent stats  so either you or the enemy has to be in limbo while the other isnt  and i suggest this since limbo is sort of polariseing in the community some love him others hate him you know so for those that hate (not one of them i actualy love him)  sort of a way to combat it

p.s. this is also to just kind of stop limbos from trolling and to make sure she can't really do the same

Edited by iscofield

augments are a way off~ but i like the idea, my personal idea i'm not usre how to implment it since it would be VERY nique and require premade or atleast a co-oradinated Duo partner which is... reasnoable at times but i want to make an augment specificly to combo with limbo where danceing in the blitz hurls the enemy into the limbo realm so limbo can kill it  or ull it out so she can kill it, and calling it  "String Theory". hoe ever shes don't have mastery of this like limbo would so perhaps she can only use it if they are in diffrent stats  so either you or the enemy has to be in limbo while the other isnt  and i suggest this since limbo is sort of polariseing in the community some love him others hate him you know so for those that hate (not one of them i actualy love him)  sort of a way to combat it

p.s. this is also to just kind of stop limbos from trolling and to make sure she can't really do the same

Well limbo is the rift wizard and i do agree that is a cool idea. No one would really take a mod slot up for it, and i love limbo too but i don't think he needs someone else to send to the rift. DE kinda likes making warframes that aren't similar to eachother

well it was orignally a dodle i did in lectures of a ballarina so she did use to have hair actualy~ XD and as for you other part i know what you mean where they try to make it unique but it can just kind of suck if a limbo banishes you into limbo and you can't do anything for the duration except kill two eneimes so i though this would make duoing more viable with limbo as well but i agree it really shouldn't be there but as a part time physisicst  "really i'm and engineer" i struggle to find another way to have an augment called string theory which i really kind of want~ XD

but yosh any ideas for augments or improvments anywhere as i doddle her over and over thill i get one i like more XD would be MORE than welcome i don't want this to be be "My" frame i want as many inputs here as i can to help her achive balance if anyone is good with the number valuse good in the game can come up with stats for her~?

i have uploaded a seocnd concept for mari, the reason i draw her with hair is the purpouse of a puppet to mimic life so she obviously found something with hair, a human like race.

it also why i want her animation to be alittle jumpy and off a sort of creepy mimicing life but not quite getting it feel.

also i decided to shorten the skirt considering the parkour and quick movment and alot od weapons would possibly cause alot of clipping and collision issues.

also added passive ideas

Edited by iscofield

Neat, I love this idea for a Warframe, and she is very damage oriented (me likey) I though that some lore would be cool and came up with my own idea. (use it if you like, I really don't need credit)

Puppet Wars

*Notification Comes up in Mail Box*

Darvo: Hey Tenno, I came up with some info I thought you would like. Turns out the Corpus lost one of their flagships recently, it just seemed to go offline. They are blaming the Grineer, of course, but the thing is, the ship wasn't destroyed. If it was they would have been alerted. Now I don't like the Corpus, and I am not a huge fan of the Grineer, but neither one of them could have taken a ship of this prowess, completely unknown, here are the coordinates of where it  was last, have fun Tenno.

Cephalon: Oh great, Tenno might I recommend we go to Darvo and just blo.... Setting course Tenno.

*heads to an Archwing Interceeption Mission*

Lotus: Tenno we now know where the ship is, but I have something else to tell you. This handiwork could only have been inflicted by an extremely masterful hacker. Someone of our caliber, I think I know who has done this, but I can't be sure, head to the ship and get more data.

*Goes to a Mobile Defense mission on a Corpus Ship, however all the corpus energys seem to have blended into a single shaded pink, and at the end you are treated to a cutscene*

Unknown Figure: NO!!! You were not supposed to find me yet. You must forget this now!

Lotus: It is you, Come back to us, it is all right, we have forgiven you.

Unknown Figure: But I haven't forgiven me, I LET HER DIE!!! But never again, I can stop the wars!

Lotus: Maria, you were the most gifted of us all, but you must stop!!!

Maria: Don't you see Lotus, I can't. Not until my web is strung

*Maria runs out an airlock into space, wearing a unique archwing and you are extracted*

Ordis: Well that was a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME!!!

Lotus: No it wasn't. Tenno that was Maria, one of the original frames, known for her manipulation abilities and puppet strings. She is a dangerous frame, not to be underestimated. For now we must continue following her, we can't lose another, I don't think I could bear it.

*go to another Corpus ship, this time a capture mission for one of Maria's puppets then another cut scene*

Maria: QUIT FOLLOWING ME TENNO!!!! I DONT WANT TO COME BACK!!!!!!! Not until I have avenged her.

Lotus: MARIA It isn't your fault that Mesa was taken.

Maria: IT IS!!! I could have stopped them, BUT I DIDNT! I was to scared and instead w=she was taken and torn apart. NOW TELL ME HOW THAT ISNT MY FAULT!!!

Lotus: You couldnt do anything, you were just out of cryo. You are lucky that they didnt find you.

Maria: But instead they took my friend. Now listen Tenno, if you keep following me I WILL FIGHT YOU! Take that as a warning and stop now.

*extraction*

Lotus: that puppet we captured has told us of Maria's position. Tenno we must get her back, she was the most technologically gifted of all of us. She was also a member of the Council, when it was still formed. Made as a diplomat, she was a master of manipulation and tactics. If her warning was true, you should be prepared for confrontation. Now go Tenno, and good luck.

*extermination mission in another Corpus Ship*

Maria in a voice message: I warned you not to come here Tenno, now you will pay the price!

*proceed to a wide room where Maria is standing in the middle*

Maria: Now you will become one of my puppets.

*fight Maria and multiple abilities*

Maria: AGH!!! Damn, EVEN NOW... *sobbing* I still am not strong enough. *sobbing*

Lotus: Maria, you have always been strong.

Maria: THEN EXPLAIN HOW I WAS JUST BEATEN BY THEM!!!

Lotus: Because your strength never came from your violence, it came from your words and wisdom, come back to us Maria. The new council could use your wisdom and diplomacy, now more than ever,

Maria: You really would take me *sniff* back?

Lotus: Always, my young Tenno

Maria: Thank you Lotus!! And you Tenno, here this is the last piece of my warframe, I know you've been collecting the pieces, I hope you can use it well, and remember, the true puppet master never forces their strings, but always lets their puppets pull their strings. Goodbye Tenno, until the next time.

*End Mission*

well i wasnt expecting anyone to find this anytime soon~~ =3 i havnt posted on Maria in a long while

i do say though very nicly written but i fel like it would be a better fit for Yue if you can find her as she is supposed to be much more.... Vengful... in my mind anyway.

Maria to me is.. synthetic a falsehood almost a fake tenno trying to understand and comprehead things, doing what is asked of her with out question though as she trying to understand why she does it almost autisitc... very melncoinc an utcast even amoung the tenno for being creepy mimicing life so well and yet missing something... i think the best way would be to say

Orianna from LoL, honestly thats proberly why i tried to make her a dancer as well~

perhaps a better story for her would be.. a corpus creation useing what they learnt from valkyr to make a tenno from scratch...

i will say though, the reason i see Yue as more vengful is cause... alot of people don't know this but in Egypt the moon was the spirit of vengance iah shares the duty on occasion with Sekhment the god of fire and vengance

Edited by iscofield

I didnt quite understand how it would fit themewise until this.

well i wasnt expecting anyone to find this anytime soon~~ =3 i havnt posted on Maria in a long while

Maria to me is.. synthetic a falsehood almost a fake tenno trying to understand and comprehead things, doing what is asked of her with out question though as she trying to understand why she does it almost autisitc... very melncoinc an utcast even amoung the tenno for being creepy mimicing life so well and yet missing something... i think the best way would be to say

Orianna from LoL, honestly thats proberly why i tried to make her a dancer as well~

perhaps a better story for her would be.. a corpus creation useing what they learnt from valkyr to make a tenno from scratch...

i will say though, the reason i see Yue as more vengful is cause... alot of people don't know this but in Egypt the moon was the spirit of vengance iah shares the duty on occasion with Sekhment the god of fire and vengance

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck

hehe well maria was my first ever concept... sooo... yeah i didn't clearly convey her premis  calling her the puppet frame wasnt really doing her justice i tried to think of other titles for her by the only other one i could come up with was syntetic~ which would make her skills.... hard to see the connection to any skills really~ ^^  she really does require a soild basis of lore which DE isn't.... well it's not on thier track record for them to give us awnsers lets say~ ^^

cause it is there you just need to codex enterys and to theory craft alot~

Edited by iscofield