Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Power Evolution; More/alternate Abilities For Each Frame

(PSN)L-B-H-100

have you ever thought about what else the Tenno could do with their Abilities besides of what they already can do?

Excalibur can summon a sword and use it against enemies. however, i always imagined Excalibur summoning an enchanted bow and arrow instead. if you had the option, what would you choose? maybe he can summon a staff, a long-sword, a spear? who knows? it bugs me to think that these Warframes could do better with there power.

that's what i want. more (added not replaced) ability styles to give the game more choices in what we want our frames to be like.

maybe DE can create a abilities section to help us manage our abilities. there would still be ability slots of course, to limit the players. the number of slots will still be 4.

you cannot install two abilities of the same tier either, so that no player can have 4 op abilities.

i looked into something called the "focus system" which was supposedly going to be introduced in update 14, but never debuted. apparently there was supposed to be some extra abilities while leveling up your weapon or warframe past the max rank. here's a link: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Focus

maybe the abilities mentioned in my list would be more balanced when choosing what your class would be.

here are my fan-made abilities for the Warframes chosen.

WARNING: the WIP tags are a work in progress and will not have anything printed underneath spoilers.

added abilities(concept)

Excalibur. [ NEW ]

slash "strike" (tier 2)

do ya miss it? this would look like the old slash dash of Excalibur, with more damage, of course. (the reason i made this a tier 2 ability is that when used correctly, this was actually an op ability for a tier 1. the only downfall is that you cant use it while in the air.)

Exalted bow (tier 4)

Excalibur summons an ancient bow. on enemy impact, the arrow will explode. it will also increase his speed and bullet jumping height. (why a bow? fun fact, one of the legends of king Arthur was that he was one of the greatest hunters in England. one of the fairy tails said that his greatest hunt was the legendary unicorn, explaining why the warframe Excalibur always has a horn between his eyes.)

precision shot (tier 1)

Excalibur summons his bow, or enchants his equipped bow to shoot up to five enemies simultaneously. (since slash dash was edited, i thought this would fit with the tier 1. the ability will have increased range and be completely silent.)

exalted armor (tier 3)

Excalibur summons a suit of enchanted armor around him, protecting him for as long the armor can hold. melee enemies that hit the armor will take instant corrosive damage. blocking enemy fire will not cost any harm to your warframe. using energy while blocking will give extra corrosive damage reflected back to the enemy. (the reason i made this a tier 3 ability is because this resembles rhinos armored skin, and though it may be the same, Excalibur's will cost more)

radial slash (tier 2)

Excalibur quickly unleashes multiple slashes in a short radius. enemies hit will be effected with extra slash damage and those who aren't killed will be stunned.(duration mods effect the amount of slashes)

Rhino [ NEW ]

controlled rage (tier 3)

rhino becomes angry, but controls that anger for his own strength. he demonstrates an ancient fighting style and hits enemies that knocks them down in a single punch in one direction. enemies will be shocked and remain on the ground for a longer period of time.(imagine him taking a marshal arts stance and punching the air. this ability will not be as powerful as the rhino stomp because enemies will simply be knocked down with minor damage. this ability will also ignore armor and cover so that all enemies in one direction will be effected.)

intimidating look (tier 2)

Rhinos appearance will render enemies spineless. they will not move or even attack, all they will do is shake and await deaths mercy(this ability will effect anyone rhino comes close to, enemies effected will not be able to run for the alarm. this may be brutal, but what if there were a chance some enemies would shoot themselves?)

burst roar (tier 1)

rhino lets out a short loud shout that stuns enemies and sometimes knocking them over for a period of time.

Ember

ignite (tier 2)

with a snap of her fingers, Ember ignites the target enemy on fire. giving explosive damage to other surrounding enemies when triggered. if the enemy gets up, they will scream in pain and be distracted from the fight.(ember can basically create fire from any substance, why not flesh?)

bomb barrage (tier 3)

Ember launches into the air like a missile and rains down a barrage of well aimed firebombs bellow.(when activated, the player will have a sky view and will be able to shoot firebombs in 5 different places)

volcano road (tier 2)

ember sumons the magma in the earth and creates a long wall of fire, dealing slash and fire damage if the enemy is below the crack and dealing fire damage second when walking through it. (with range mods, the line would reach each end of the room. however, the ability can only be stacked twice and the last fire line will cancel if the ability is activated tint the same place. carefule not the cross the lines.)

Ash

kunai (tier 1)

ash throws a single kunai to a targeted enemy. the kunai gives massive puncture damage and can punch trough enemies. (the kunai can also ignore armor and punches through objects and cover.)

kunai storm (tier 3)

ash leaps into the air and spins, hitting enemies one by one with kunai. (up to 5 enemies can be targeted, expendable by duration mods)

after the fire (tier 2)

Ash corrupts the air around him, any enemy that comes close will suffocate (enemies health will go down gradually)

Volt

pure energy (tier 4)

volt channels his power, giving him unlimited energy for a short time. channeling damage, speed, fire rate, reload speed, and casting speed is increased. enemies near him will take extra electricity damage. (this would most likely take energy per second with more energy damage, if not, depletes entire supply of energy.)

riot shield (tier 3)

volt creates a small portable shield in front of him.(basically an energy shield you can take with you, but smaller)

Power Battery (tier 2)

Volt tracks the electricity around him, allowing him to charge himself. this gives him extra electricity damage and faster shield recharge rate. (any electrical sources around him will glow)

concept by: Hunter126

Nekros

forgotten sole (tier 3)

Nekros resurrects a single warrior to aid him in battle for a period of time. (imagine him like a pet ash that will teleport and attack any enemy that attacks you)

Mag

heavy force (tier 3)

Mag increases the gravity in the area, some enemies will be slowed while others will fall to the ground for a long period of time.

gravity ring (tier 4)

mag takes the role of a small planet, pulling enemies in and revolve them around her. enemies can be used as a mobile shield as they spin at high speeds around her while taking damage by the intense G-Force, enemies will have a chance to be flung at others and knock them down (it will be awesome) corrected and credited by --.B.--HARDCOREDAVE-

Nyx

limited thought (tier 4)

Nyx overloads each sense of the enemy until eventually there minds be come time bombs.(this will blow your mind)

Frost 

frozen earth (tier 3)

frost covers the ground with his ice, ice pillars will appear around the area, giving cover to his allies. enemies in the area are slowed and overwelmed by a blizzard. if an enemy goes near a pillar to take cover, they will take cold damage and have a chance to freeze (frost;"welcome to my domain....")

Oberon

blight (tier 4)

Oberon sends multiple smite orbs into the air, the orbs will rain down on enemy targets, giving extra radiation damage. (the ability will have more range but a little less damage than reckoning. the smite orbs would also rain down for a longer period of time.)

hollowed push (tier 3)

Oberon sends concentrated irradiated energy in one direction. knocking down enemies in the process, and giving a high chance of radiation effect.

hollowed ghost (tier 1)

Oberon summons one smite orb. the orb will go through enemies simultaneously and stay in battle for a long period of time.

Banshee (WIP)

in progress

Chroma 

beating wings (tier 2)

Chroma spreads his wings and flies above the enemies heads in one direction, raining down elemental furry from his breath.

elemental mastery (tier 4....yes, tier 4 just read.)

like equinox's first ability, Chroma will be able to switch between his elemental powers. the reason i made this tier 4, is because of the obvious. using all of Chroma's abilities with there elemental benefits in the right situation will be op when used correctly.

Limbo (WIP)

in progress

Mesa

sunset (tier 2)

mesa summons her trusty stead into battle and charges into enemies, giving them massive impact damage.(feel like a gunslinger yet?)

ricochet (tier 1)

mesa becomes tricky, anything fired will punch through enemies and ricochet into others around the room(guns damage will stay the same)

Mirage (WIP)

in progress

Nova (WIP)

in progress

Loki

mirror maze (tier 3)

Loki creates multiple clones scattered across the area, distracting enemies. when the the clones take damage or if the enemy goes near them, they will explode.(the clones will have a timer to explode if they are not engaged. the ability cannot be casted before the timer ends.)

Valkyr

blood bath (tier 3)

Valker extends her claws and spins in a tornado for a short distance forward. (duration mods extend the spin time, range mods modifies the reach of Valker's claws and distance forward)

Vauban

hand grenade (tier 3)

Vauban throws a live hand grenade with massive explosion damage and damage radius. enemies closer to the grenade will take more damage than others more further away.(small vortex+hand grenade=gore-splosion. if grenade hits enemies, it will cling to them.)

mine field (tier 3)

Vauban places multiple mines in one area, enemies that get near the mines will set them off. (natually, you would use these on mostly doorways on defense mission. the mines will not have a timer.)

Trinity (WIP)

in progress

Saryn

Gas Hazard (tier 2)

Saryn creates deadly spores around her, making a cloud of poisonous gas. (much like Oberon's hollowed ground)

Zephyr

screech (tier 2)

Zephyr gives out a loud screech, leaving enemies ears bleeding.(enemies will be paralized in a given area.)

as much as i would like to, i don't want to list all the Warframes in one day.

so how do you like it?

do you like the idea?

I do not have any experience with most of these Warframes, if you have played as these Tenno before, and have any ideas, please list them in the same order as shown below.

Warframe

name of the ability (the tier level)

description(explanation)

rules

-remember to make it fair and well balanced, nothing too OP unless its a tier 4 ability.

-do not copy abilities of the same warframe, you may make them similar, but with a different warframes.

-nothing too detailed, anything you want to explain must be put in parenthesis "()" after the ability description.

-try to keep it mild and mature, jokes are always excepted, but may not appear on the list given.

-try not to overdue it, abilities must be unique for each frame. so don't make it so that people will choose one frame over another.

-try not to create concepts based your famed superheros, heroines, villains, or anti-heroes power. this includes red laser eyes or retractable adimantium claws.(we already have Valker to judge)

-when creating an ability, it must fit the Tenno's quota. (Frost cant shoot fireballs.)

-if you have any plans for future projects or interests, like creating your own cartoon or videogame, do not share your ideas relating to any future plans. your ideas are your own and it is your decision when the right time is to show them to the world.

other than that, be creative, and have fun!

this concept is of many that i have created. i like to call them 2.0 and 1.0 concepts, where i describe a much needed 2.0 reboot or a new 1.0 mechanic in a detailed and organized way. so far I've been getting mostly positive reviews from these concepts, and hope to get even more in the future. if you like this concept, check out more of them in these links. please note that these are concepts and may not be implemented in the game anytime soon.

Home | Energy Summon 1.0 | Stealth 2.0 | Tenno Blade 1.0 | Power Evolution 1.0 | Focus 1.0 | Clan Management 1.0

Fight on, Tenno!

Edited by (PS4)L-B-H-100

This could work for the focus system. 

yep, if they do the mechanic explained...

maybe DE can create a abilities section to help us manage our abilities. there would still be ability slots of course, to limit the players. the number of slots will still be 4.

you cannot install two abilities of the same tier either, so that no player can have 4 op abilities.

Ehhhhhhhhh kinda. It doesn't make much sense for Excalibur to be something other than a sword user, at least ability wise, given that he is centered around what is possibly the most recognized sword in history.

Ehhhhhhhhh kinda. It doesn't make much sense for Excalibur to be something other than a sword user, at least ability wise, given that he is centered around what is possibly the most recognized sword in history.

actually, fun fact: king Arthur, as legend would have it, was actually believed to be an excellent hunter. you know how Excalibur has a horn, it is meant to reflect the myth of king Arthur's greatest hunting prize, the legendary unicorn.

I want that gravity ring on my mag now!

EDIT: How about instead of just metallic enemies for gravity ring it will attract any metallic objects or enemies made out of metal and make them revolve around Mag and take damage for her acting as like a shield barrier with the option of launching them in multi direction upon pressing the ability key again NOW THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. Seeing metallic cans and metallic debris and moa parts and guns floating around mag acting as a shield and can be used offensively upon release.

Edited by --.B.--HARDCOREDAVE-

I want that gravity ring on my mag now!

EDIT: How about instead of just metallic enemies for gravity ring it will attract any metallic objects or enemies made out of metal and make them revolve around Mag and take damage for her acting as like a shield barrier with the option of launching them in multi direction upon pressing the ability key again NOW THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. Seeing metallic cans and metallic debris and moa parts and guns floating around mag acting as a shield and can be used offensively upon release.

Edited.

thanks!

I'd suggest organizing or at least marking the ones that are WIP outside the spoiler tags. Otherwise you'll have people looking through every spoiler tag to find which ones are complete, or have them assume all the ones past a certain point are still WIP.

I'd suggest organizing or at least marking the ones that are WIP outside the spoiler tags. Otherwise you'll have people looking through every spoiler tag to find which ones are complete, or have them assume all the ones past a certain point are still WIP.

ok, thanks for the tip

Perhaps use as augments, there is nothing that says an augment can't radically change a skill.

Im looking for entirely new abilities and a new system that intertwines with the promised focas system. i don't want to waste mod slots to gain a new perspective of my warframe.

maybe DE can make 2 more slots for augments only...... ill talk about it in a new topic.

Im looking for entirely new abilities and a new system that intertwines with the promised focas system. i don't want to waste mod slots to gain a new perspective of my warframe.

maybe DE can make 2 more slots for augments only...... ill talk about it in a new topic.

Sounds good, I always thought augments were a good precursor to a skill tree, once enough augments are in the game they can remove them and apply a tree. I look forward to seeing more develop from you.

you spelt Banchee when it's supposed to be Banshee and spelt Valker when its supposed to be Valkyr and Trinaty when its supposed to be Trinity.

The verb for effect is affect (meaning it is not effected but affected) and it is martial arts not marshal arts 

as for Zephyr's abilities, it sounds like it relates more to sound than wind so i thought it would go good with Banshee

and so Frost's frozen earth is pretty much a 'NO ENEMIES ALLOWED' Snow Globe

Edited by Hunter126

you spelt Banchee when it's supposed to be Banshee and spelt Valker when its supposed to be Valkyr and Trinaty when its supposed to be Trinity.

The verb for effect is affect (meaning it is not effected but affected) and it is martial arts not marshal arts 

as for Zephyr's abilities, it sounds like it relates more to sound than wind so i thought it would go good with Banshee

and so Frost's frozen earth is pretty much a 'NO ENEMIES ALLOWED' Snow Globe

thanks for the spell corrections.

i was going for a bird theme for Zephr, and i could think about any wind based abilities.

Yes it will be like a ENEMIES ALLOWED snow globe, but with a different purpose.

this is a try for Volt but how about

Electric Magnet- changes Volt into a magnet of electricity, any electronics or enemies he comes near will have electricity taken out of them and volt attracts the electricity towards him, giving him additional electric damage and fast regenerating shields (your regular shields except they regenerate much quicker)

and I realized for Mag you've been adding abilities revolving around gravity rather than magnetism

Edited by Hunter126

this is a try for Volt but how about

Electric Magnet- changes Volt into a magnet of electricity, any electronics or enemies he comes near will have electricity taken out of them and volt attracts the electricity towards him, giving him additional electric damage and fast regenerating shields (your regular shields except they regenerate much quicker)

and I realized for Mag you've been adding abilities revolving around gravity rather than magnetism

thanks for the idea, i put it in my list for everyone to see. you dont mind if i change the name do you? cause electric magnet seems a little to simple.

as for mag, the hole topic is about the Tenno evolving their power. so i thought mag could lift something besides metal.

thanks for the idea, i put it in my list for everyone to see. you dont mind if i change the name do you? cause electric magnet seems a little to simple.

as for mag, the hole topic is about the Tenno evolving their power. so i thought mag could lift something besides metal.

yea sure don't mind

it's whole not hole and um okay gravity ring sounds awesome, i just thought still Mag's theme is magnetism so i thought you'd add at least add a bit of relation to magnetic force to the abilities, gravity ring is fine, i was talking about heavy force

but that's just me

Edited by Hunter126