Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Snipers And Bow Rework/changes/buff

iKhaan

Some of my suggestions old, some maybe new.

Sometime Steve or somebody of DE said, what Warframe it's about killing army, not killing single target.

Bows and Sniper rifles are far far away from this.

Bows

Bows are pretty good for now in dealing damage, but only when target alone or multiple enemies standing in a row.

And of course, there no nullifier.

It can be changed through mods like:

Splitshot - Multiple arrow's (3\5\7) in different derections, with a little dmg nerf (50%\30%\30%). (can't be equiped with a base mod of multishot, ofc)

I suppose it isn't new idea.

New Thunderbolt like mod - Arrow becomes stickybomb, and will explode (full shot dmg become blast, can be critical/status) when enemy around (3-5m).

I think it must be helpfull to kill corpus nullifers in diffirent way.

Specific buff mods:

For example extra dmg in mid-air or shooting from kneeling/slide.

Daikyu and Cernos Buff:

In comparing with Dread and Paris Prime they weak, and have no even specific bonuses.

About Daikyu status and status builds:

Status mods (and just status) are pretty useless at low levels, and useless without big dmg at high levels.

Viral helpful after 300 levels, but it another game, and for this we got auto rifles and no motivation go there.

Playing with Daikyu also just very uncofortable.

Sniper rifles

• All rifles must ignore nullifiers shields. It will make good sniper useful in non-static survival for a one plus hours.
  • Configurable zoom for aiming.
  • Bigger crit chance or multiplier or both. According to Tier of weapon.
  • In comparing with bows, sniper rifles must have base punch through effect. Like everybody at this forum already said.

New mod like:

Bonus weak spots mod like helios/banshee do - when aiming (using zoom) target will reveal extra weak spots, what debuff enemy to extra 300\400\500% dmg.

also topic by Extraxi about good mod for snipers:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/487774-sniper-mod-ricochet/

Thx for attention. And sorry for my broken english, not my main language

I know, it is naive to expect attention DE, but please leave suggestion and vote for what you like.

Edited by Atilla

+1 for everything, except one.

People need to stop comparing Cernos and Daikyu with Dread and Paris Prime.

Dread is a stalker weapon and Paris Prime is, well, a prime. These are supposed to be the top tier weapons. You can not just compare normal weapons with these. Instead, compare Cernos and Daikyu with Paris. I feel when compared to paris, they are perfectly fine.

Dread is a stalker weapon and Paris Prime is, well, a prime. These are supposed to be the top tier weapons. You can not just compare normal weapons with these. Instead, compare Cernos and Daikyu with Paris. I feel when compared to paris, they are perfectly fine.

I'm agree with that.

But if you make six polarization in most weapons it will be good enough to kill everything up to 90 lvls (in party ofc, still co-op game)

Daikyu isn't good even for 60. Slowly, uncofortable. 

But Daikyu looks awesome, and it kinda bad, because i wanna use it cause esthetic, but it too weak even for simple hour of survival.

I think weapon must be just different in specific properties and style, not tier as much.

Edited by Atilla

I'm agree with that.

But if you make six polarization in most weapons it will be good enough to kill everything up to 90 lvls (in party ofc, still co-op game)

Daikyu isn't good even for 60. Slowly, uncofortable. 

But Daikyu looks awesome, and it kinda bad, because i wanna use it cause esthetic, but it too weak even for simple hour of survival.

I think weapon must be just different in specific properties and style, not tier as much.

Is Daikyu really that bad?

I didn't know because I never really forma it. I don't like the auto-release mechanism. If its that bad, I suppose it does need a bit of buff.

But I do have a multi-forma cernos and I can tell you that Cernos does just fine upto 45-50 mins of T3S.

Is Daikyu really that bad?

I didn't know because I never really forma it. I don't like the auto-release mechanism. If its that bad, I suppose it does need a bit of buff.

But I do have a multi-forma cernos and I can tell you that Cernos does just fine upto 45-50 mins of T3S.

In diffirent builds (six polarizations) i got ~6-12k non crit dmg at max (without buffes, weak spots) and ~6k-36k crit dmg, tested at armor grineer. Daikyu also very slow, and have auto-release mechanism. So, it's inefficiently. 

Edited by Atilla

dread and paris p alwasy do crit damge so while sniper does not. So I'm think about dev should give sniper more crit multiplier and keep the crit chance the same to make those 2 categories stand out. And punch though...HEK YES

Edited by Windy_Wind

• 4 weeks later...

Here's some completely different ideas for the BOWS VS SNIPERS issue.

What I don't understand is why BOWS are crit-based, and sniper rifles are not. Wouldn't the arrow shafts themselves make great delivery containers for acids (corrosive), liq nitrogen (cold), thermite (fire), etc.

I mean, bows are already SILENT by default. Why give them another plus over the already underwhelming "sniper rifle" options?

Honestly, why aren't Bows base-stat'ed for STATUS builds? Meant for delivering heavy loads of elemental damage? And rework sniper rifles as the KINGS OF CRIT DMG. I think that would be more balanced, both gameplay and lore wise. In the new setup, sniper rifles would be the RED CRIT ALL THE DMG IN ONE BULLET monsters, but have really loud, mob-attracting gunfire. Bows would be good for silently picking off mobs with status and element damage without alerting anyone else.

OF COURSE, I must acknowledge that if the above mentioned swap happened... there would be an EPIC backlash of player hate, because OMG ALL MY BOW FORMA ARE USELESS B/C NEW BUILD REQS, DARNIT DE Y U BREAK SOMETHING GOOD.

So yea. DE is literally backed themselves into a corner on the Bows VS Snipers issue. Bows are just plain better right now, and there isn't really a good way to make sniper rifles unique and standout.

Well, you could make snipers the deliverers of ungodly element damage plus status effects...

Edited by Trooper1023