Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Adjustments (Rework?)

ThymeL0rd

UPDATED: THE STUN FROM THE BUFF TO OVERLOAD IS NOW SHORTER AND CAN BE INCREASED BY DURATION MODS

So I was recently doing some runs with my Volt and I found myself among a group of enemies, and it was an almost insta-death.

Now i'm not an expert Volt player, but i've been thinking about this for some time and I think he may need a slight buff because at the moment I do not play him because he just falls too fast.

I really enjoy Volt as a frame but I feel he is not a late or even mid game frame.

So here is a few adjustments I think may help, feel free to comment on how much they suck, just putting a thought out there XD

I feel that Volt does not have an 'oh ship!' Button right now, which contributes definitely to his survivability. It doesn't even need to be a one-butt-slaughter everything button, but I want to know that if i fall into a group of enemies i have a decent chance of survival. For example, accelerant. This ability is incredibly useful if ember needs to stun enemies, and definitely adds to her survivability, without killing EVERYTHING. This note carries to my idea for his ultimate.

Abilities:

1.Shock

Keep the same, I feel this ability is good and scales well with its stun/elec proc.

2.Speed

Make his augment 'Shocking Speed' part of the ability. It's incredibly useful, and does rather well at killing enemies  low level. Currently (ha ha), 25 energy is just too much for a mere speed increase (in my opinion).

3.Electric Shield

I do not think this ability needs huge adjustments, it works well at what it does.

4.Overload

Lets be honest, this ability isn't fantastic, especially seeing as its supposed to be Volt's ultimate. I have a solution that i think could be incredibly easy to add and would help Volt hugely. As mentioned above, Volt really needs something that can stun enemies, or some CC that means he doesn't die the instant he hits a group of enemies.

So my solution; In addition to the current animation, effects, energy cost, Volt's body courses with energy, sending arcs of electricity into enemies within 7/10/15/20 meters. Any enemy hit by these bolts receives some damage, and is stunned/electric proced for 3/4/5/6 seconds, giving Volt the chance to shoot them/ make a (speedy) exit. IN addition to the stun, enemies within 3/5/7/10 meters of enemies hit by Overload also get caught in a bolt chaining from the enemies hit and are stunned for the same amount of time.

All this does is give Volt an ability which allows for a good amount of CC/stun, increasing his survivability. These arcs from Volt don't even need to do a terrible amount of damage, I believe the CC and group stun this would offer would make Overload fantastic.

The last thought I had was wouldn't it be cool if Volt had a passive that acted like energy siphon (to a much lesser degree) giving  +0.3 energy per second? I mean, he is the energy/electricity warframe... Too OP?

All in I think these small changes would drastically improve Volt, but wouldn't necessarily break him for players that love him already. I also have thoughts on Limbo and a few other Warframes if anyone is interested...

So! Post your thoughts on my ideas, i'm open to criticism!

Edited by ThymeL0rd

that last one would be too OP. volt can be lategame by purpose of it's 3, while his 1 and 2 provide great utility . adding a 12 second stun is too long, especially if any of those can be increased by range or duration mods.

I agree that is it a bit too long, but how useful do you find overload in its current state? I find it the least used in Volt's arsenal, which it shouldn't really be if its a true ult :/

i dunno

Edited by ThymeL0rd

I agree on this how ever I have a slight issue with volt shield

don't get me wrong, I LOVE this ability (as a main volt it is used a ton) its incredibly useful, how ever It's just to weird to cast, when I have to substitute for a frost, it takes too much time to aim the shield, maybe add a quick lock function, like place one on you're left, right, up and down, it would also be cool if it acted like a solid wall, but that might be too op

As for the overload rework, lower the stun duration, but also make it effected by duration, so many people dismiss volt as terrible based on his final ability and its a shame for any warframe to be dismissed like that

also that energy siphon, maybe on the prime version

Edited by (XB1)newepicnaute

I feel that if Overload's damage was dependent on the number of enemies around Volt instead of the stupid lights that only provide a decent boost on the Corpus Ship tileset, AND if Overload's stun was instant instead of delayed by the animation, activating Speed then rushing into a group of enemies with Overload ready would make Volt a pretty good nuker.

If only DE got around to finally reworking this pathetic ultimate.

Also, Speed doesn't buff the speed of parkour maneuvers, which is faster than sprint. If that doesn't change, Speed will only be viable to buff melee weapons.

I feel that if Overload's damage was dependent on the number of enemies around Volt instead of the stupid lights that only provide a decent boost on the Corpus Ship tileset, AND if Overload's stun was instant instead of delayed by the animation, activating Speed then rushing into a group of enemies with Overload ready would make Volt a pretty good nuker.

If only DE got around to finally reworking this pathetic ultimate.

Also, Speed doesn't buff the speed of parkour maneuvers, which is faster than sprint. If that doesn't change, Speed will only be viable to buff melee weapons.

I think that the short animation would be necessary if they rework volt,if you consider how many times volt prime could spam overload, he would be too op Edited by (XB1)newepicnaute

I agree that is it a bit too long, but how useful do you find overload in its current state? I find it the least used in Volt's arsenal, which it shouldn't really be if its a true ult :/

i dunno

overload? useless, but that's the thing, he only has one useless ability, there's so many other ones out there with 4 useless abilities or terrible ones, that volt only having one bad one (well, pretty much a low level nuke) is fine to me