Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer "blunt" Backpack Hitbox And Collision Issues

Casardis

Ever since U17, Grineer units have a chance to transport their deployable cover, "Blunt." However, while carrying them, a lot of issues (that I see as bugs). To start with a lesser example, here is one floating after a Grineer's death, which happens with every single one of those carrying it on Ceres (at least to me).

Sj3n2Wsl.jpg

Here's a list of more serious issues it creates.

1. Strange hitboxes

This is mostly affecting melee, but attacking from the back is almost impossible when they have the backpack. It's like they have a Shield Lancer's shield on their back in terms of hitbox. Yes, they are the deployable cover to protect them, but it's nonsensical that it protects them this well when not deployed, especially since it covers just the upper part of their back, without protecting their shoulders and sides. How can that offer more protection than when they deploy it, where melee can go through if you have enough range?

This is really distressing for me due to the long-running, serious melee bug (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/458319-huge-decrease-of-melee-weapons-range-since-165/page-11). It's even more annoying in missions like Interception where their back is facing you while activating the console. Good luck trying to melee them out of it and be successful in your first hit, even if you should be.

Also, even from the front, it's possible that you won't hit them properly due to the bug I linked above AND because the backpack gives them a strange hitbox.

Anyway, here's me with Scindo Prime + Tempo Royale + Primed Reach, with no ways to cut this Grineer down unless I'm in front.

95SFB91l.jpg

2. Backpack collision box is always active and problematic

Most of the time, whether they're on the Grineer's back or floating above ground, they will have a collision similar to an obstacle, which means you can get obstructed by them when walking and your camera can get pushed away if the backpack is in the way. It can be weirdly disorienting.

All in all, everything about these "backpack Blunt" feel buggy, glitchy and unintentional, and these "abilities" of theirs should be removed or tweaked significantly (please fix the melee hitbox/range before even considering adding melee-obstructing "features").

Edited by Casardis

Those Backpacks are the deployable cover Grineer can place. Its the ''Blunt''.

Ah I see, then my points still stand that they are glitchy. I will edit to remove my confusion now that I know what they are.

Thanks.

Edited by Casardis

Ever since U17, Grineer units have a chance to transport their deployable cover, "Blunt." However, while carrying them, a lot of issues (that I see as bugs). To start with a lesser example, here is one floating after a Grineer's death, which happens with every single one of those carrying it on Ceres (at least to me).

Sj3n2Wsl.jpg

Here's a list of more serious issues it creates.

1. Strange hitboxes

This is mostly affecting melee, but attacking from the back is almost impossible when they have the backpack. It's like they have a Shield Lancer's shield on their back in terms of hitbox. Yes, they are the deployable cover to protect them, but it's nonsensical that it protects them this well when not deployed, especially since it covers just the upper part of their back, without protecting their shoulders and sides. How can that offer more protection than when they deploy it, where melee can go through if you have enough range?

This is really distressing for me due to the long-running, serious melee bug (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/458319-huge-decrease-of-melee-weapons-range-since-165/page-11). It's even more annoying in missions like Interception where their back is facing you while activating the console. Good luck trying to melee them out of it and be successful in your first hit, even if you should be.

Also, even from the front, it's possible that you won't hit them properly due to the bug I linked above AND because the backpack gives them a strange hitbox.

Anyway, here's me with Scindo Prime + Tempo Royale + Primed Reach, with no ways to cut this Grineer down unless I'm in front.

95SFB91l.jpg

2. Backpack collision box is always active and problematic

Most of the time, whether they're on the Grineer's back or floating above ground, they will have a collision similar to an obstacle, which means you can get obstructed by them when walking and your camera can get pushed away if the backpack is in the way. It can be weirdly disorienting.

All in all, everything about these "backpack Blunt" feel buggy, glitchy and unintentional, and these "abilities" of theirs should be removed or tweaked significantly (please fix the melee hitbox/range before even considering adding melee-obstructing "features").

^ THIS. A million times THIS!

WTH kind of sense does it make that the thing UNDEPLOYED would give MORE cover than when the thing is ACTUALLY DEPLOYED?!? Also, how is it that punch through, or melee weapons that normally go through Shield Lancers Shields just... DON'T?!?

Please, for the love of this game, FIX THIS!