Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sancti Tigris Is Right Where Its At.

BoomyGordo

My biggest gripe with the Sancti Tigris was that the normal Tigris was already awesome. It didn't need a buff. The Sancti Tigris buffed a weapon that didn't need it and deprived a less powerful weapon of a much needed buff. It was completely illogical for this weapon to even be conceived of.

My biggest gripe with the Sancti Tigris was that the normal Tigris was already awesome. It didn't need a buff. The Sancti Tigris buffed a weapon that didn't need it and deprived a less powerful weapon of a much needed buff. It was completely illogical for this weapon to even be conceived of.

>says the weapon didn't need a buff

>says the new weapon deprived previously mentioned weapon of a buff

>says its illogical

in all seriousness you kind of contradicted your self in your post unless you meant some other unmentioned weapon not getting a buff

Edited by --Strider-Hiryu--

And Vaykor Hek drives by and clears a wide path through the New Loka ancient death squad xD. But more on the point of this post, dono why it exists, have never once heard someone call the Santi overpowered, the clip size and reload just kill the gun from ever being overpowered, powerful sure, but just that.

>says its illogical

in all seriousness you kind of contradicted your self in your post unless you meant some other unmentioned weapon not getting a buff

Orange does that all the time.

Basic thing is hes pissed his 6 forma tigrus got turned obsolete. I know the feel too.

He's saying that instead of revisiting a design that could have used editing, they took a design that was already abundantly strong and made it needlessly stronger.  It didn't make sense to make Sancti Tigris when so many other weapons could have been buffed or sidegraded instead, which would have added something to the game besides straight power creep.

They're actually a side-grade to the Braton (not Mk1.) Remember when the game was about side-grades and not OP weapon of the week or insane statistical outlier damage that's so strong you need to stay in a mission for over an hour to really appreciate it? Sadly, that was literally years ago and most readers probably dont remember or weren't around for it. The times right after Damage 2.0's rollout were relatively balanced compared to the crazy powercreep and infinite content accommodation that occurs now.

Ah the good old days...

*looks out the window at a gently falling leaf, and hugs his dual heat swords*

>says its illogical

Let me spell it out for you.

The Tigris didn't need a buff. A different, weaker primary weapon should have been made the New Loka syndicate primary instead of the Tigris. Because the Sancti Tigris was made the New Loka syndicate primary instead of something else, it deprived a weaker weapon of a buff.

Basic thing is hes pissed his 6 forma tigrus got turned obsolete. I know the feel too.

I never owned a Tigris; I was satisfied with my 5 forma Hek, which wasn't made worthless by the syndicate primaries, because the Vaykor Hek is a sidegrade.

Shockingly enough, I actually care about this game. Can you believe it?

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

Let me spell it out for you.

The Tigris didn't need a buff. A different, weaker primary weapon should have been made the New Loka syndicate primary instead of the Tigris. Because the Sancti Tigris was made the New Loka syndicate primary instead of something else, it deprived a weaker weapon of a buff.

I never owned a Tigris; I was satisfied with my 5 forma Hek, which wasn't made worthless by the syndicate primaries, because the Vaykor Hek is a sidegrade.

Shockingly enough, I actually care about this game. Can you believe it?

Amazingly enough I do too.

How bout that.

I do not believe that the weapon is overpowerd. Since you only have 2 shots, and then you need to reload. This is mod-able of course, but it's still going to hurt badly if you miss that one vital shot. And if you miss your target with a few pellets, that's a majour difference in how much damage you will deal. All in all, you'll end up reloading more than shooting, but it sure hits hard.

I do not believe that the weapon is overpowerd. Since you only have 2 shots, and then you need to reload. This is mod-able of course, but it's still going to hurt badly if you miss that one vital shot. And if you miss your target with a few pellets, that's a majour difference in how much damage you will deal. All in all, you'll end up reloading more than shooting, but it sure hits hard.

This isn't about the Tigris' design, but the fact that they took a super-powerful weapon and made a straight-up better version of it instead of modifying something more interesting and creating new gameplay instead.